Looking for suggestions for short break with a 6 year old

Starlight

Gold Member
Im looking to take my 6 year old niece away for 3 nights in the October holidays.

Im looking for somewhere ideally within around 3 hours travelling of Glasgow. Even somewhere I can use as a base and travel around a wee bit when we're there.

I took her to St Andrews in the summer holidays and we had a great time, so it doesnt have to be somewhere really hectic but Im really stumped as to where to try...

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Im looking to take my 6 year old niece away for 3 nights in the October holidays.

Im looking for somewhere ideally within around 3 hours travelling of Glasgow. Even somewhere I can use as a base and travel around a wee bit when we're there.

I took her to St Andrews in the summer holidays and we had a great time, so it doesnt have to be somewhere really hectic but Im really stumped as to where to try...

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Have you got any Centreparcs near you Sandy? They are fab places to go to with kids. Hang on, will post the website :D

How about Tomintoul? It's lovely and quiet, and a gorgeous drive to get there.

I also quite enjoyed Jedburgh. There's the Abbey, of course, but the scenery is also stunning, there's a swimming pool, the castle jail, lots of nice walks to be had...

how about disneyland paris? only a couple of hours' flight from scotland i think! x

Back