Looking to lose weight over the next 6 months to a year.

Just hoping weight stays stable over the next month or so.
Getting better but I reckon it will probably be at least another month or so before contemplating getting on the exercise bike again.
Just little steps back to normal mobility.
Congratulations, CG. Given yr success, you'll keep yr eye on stability - and regaining mobility. Good luck.

RE:- Aligal

Thanks for the positive message.

Just trying to get a bit more mobile each day due to my accident.
More or less trying to understand my limits at this time and gently increase my activities.
Weight seems to be stable but will be glad when I'm off the pain meds.
Don't know what's worse "the floaty feeling" or "constipation" induced by the medication.
Certainly be glad when I'm capable of exercising properly and getting back to work.

That's an amazing achievement, I mean you had been so active while losing the weigh so even a stay still while injured is fantastic. Hope you heal soon

Hi Chubby Ghost, i just read your thread and wow what an amazing weight loss and inspirational story so far, well done you. I hope you recover from your injury. You've done so well, and I love that it wasn't an overnight story that you worked hard to get where you did. My theory is loosing weight steadily it won't come back overnight. I wish you a quick recover and await to hear when you are back on your bike!

RE:- Vetcat

Thanks for the message.
Each and every day I'm regaining more of my mobility and the pain is easing.
The main issue is to allow my body to heal at it's pace rather than what I want it to.
The other issue is remembering I'm still injured when going about the home.
It's likely that I will be capable to undertake a lighter exercise regime within a few weeks.
Optimistic that I might hit the 14st goal by December this year.

You've done really well to lose 9 lbs.

Just a bit of an update now managing to walk to the nearby local shops with relatively little discomfort.
Still a bit of a dull ache from the hip joint but nothing exceptional.
Might begin a light introduction on to the exercise cycle from next week and see how I cope.
Able to function without the pain medication which is a definite bonus.

Good to hear that. Would you swim? That's great for not being weight bearing.

Will see how I cope with the exercise cycle next week.
I've been thinking of maybe doing swimming a few times a week once I'm healed fully.
Just to break the monotony of the exercise cycle.

Yep, gentle swing is great therapy as you have no weight on your joints

Much more mobile now but not back on the exercise cycle yet.
The main issue with the exercise cycle being it's too painful to lift my leg high enough to get on it.
Their is still stiffness in the joint which affects how far can I walk etc.
I've been gradually increasing my activity level over the last week or so.
I'm off the pain meds and looking to go back to work next week potentially provided I don't have any setbacks.
Weight is still around the 209 lb mark by a few ounces up or down when I've weighed myself.

Today is the first day since the accident that I have done what I term normal exercise.

Hopefully now be able to focus on losing another 20 lbs over the coming months.

Good to see you getting stronger and feeling better.(((Hugs)))

Good luck with the next 20lbs.:classic_smile:

Hey bud just reading your posts. Really inspired. I’m 6ft 1 and 240lbs I want to lose 40lbs. I’ve started last week on my plan. Keep to 1840 calories, bike 40 mins a day and fast between 8pm and 12am. I’ve lost nothing in the first week 😌. Can you give me any advice or tips ?

RE:- Marcus 101

I never really went on any diet just watched what I ate with the occasional treats. I just stuck to it both with the exercise and diet.
Their is no magic bullet it just takes time and discipline. Some weeks you don't lose weight so don't get down about it.
As you get more used to doing more exercise your metabolism should speed up.
Just weigh yourself once a week at the same time.

The reason I do 70 minutes most days is that I try to have one rest day usually per week. Therefore it still works out each day at 1 hr average daily over the week. I would suggest to give yourself more leeway and allow for maybe 2-3 lbs over a month. As long as you make any progress towards a set goal each month it's all good.

It's taken me around a 13 months to lose 57 lbs therefore it's achievable for yourself to do something similar.
Unfortunately it took a period to gain weight and it will take a while to remove it.

Currently I'm doing around 17.5km in 30 mins on an exercise bike per session.
Worked out is 1 Km per 1 Min 42 secs although my before accident rate would have been 1 Min 37 secs.

My exercise bike has the means to measure rpm, kph & bpm therefore I try to keep in the parameters below.
I can adjust the difficulty as I find the activity more tolerable.

I do two sessions most days @ 30 minutes, 92-100 rpm, 36-40 kph & 120-130 bpm.
Weight down to 209 lbs (14.93 st) from 266 lbs (19 st) next goal is 200 lb (14.28 st)

Last edited:
I'm sitting at around 215 lbs at the moment.

I've had a couple of unfortunate bumps last year so can be happy with my progress so far.
Christmas and New Year are bad for over-indulgence despite your best intentions.

With Christmas and New Year out of the way can now refocus my efforts.
Will have to be more diligent with both my diet and exercise regime again.
I'm quite relaxed in regards to timescale just looking for little progress on a regular basis.

Might arrange some regular exercise classes or swimming for alternating of exercise regime.

Morning chubby glad to see you back. Have you recovered from your accident fully

I've had full mobility/capability for the last couple of months.
With no after affects from accident which is a bonus.
It's just been been a case of motivation regarding diet and exercise.

I've managed to get down to 210 lbs by being more strict with diet and upping the difficulty on the exercise bike.
So looking to maybe move another 2-3 lbs during the month if possible.
It's a marathon not a sprint to achieve your goal.

Weight at 207 lbs this morning so it's a case of maintaining progress.

I read that post quickly and thought you said you were running a marathon

Back