Looking in the mirror

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by CherrySummer, 22 October 2010 Social URL.

1. CherrySummer

CherrySummer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Up untill now i haven't noticed a difference in my shape but im pleased to say my belly is flatter and my bum is smaller hehe!! how much did you have to lose before you noticed?

I think the gym has really helped i've never been one to exercise apart from horse riding but i've suprised myself im really enjoying it :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pinkyfluff

pinkyfluff Grappling with life

Diet:
    slimming world
    Well done, its great when you start to notice that its working.

Keep it up.

x

4. alex85

alex85 Irregular Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(35.52%)
    Diet:
    My own special eat less/exercise more diet!
    Looking at your profile picture there doesn't look like an ounce of fat on you! But good on you for seeing the results, nice feeling isnt it!

Keep going! x

5. size102b

size102b Banned

Mirror difference is hard for me to see as before was months ago.
    Photos are the best for my trying to tell the difference.
    Well done on your hard work x

6. CherrySummer

CherrySummer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks guys!! can't wait to get to my goal weight!!! :D

7. Claree__x

Claree__x Silver Member

Yay well done!

I can't see any difference yet (sadly) but hopefully when I get my Wii Fit and start doing some exercise as well then the weight will fall off. Wishful thinking!!

8. wilma-bride

wilma-bride Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(6.59%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I can't really notice the difference looking in the mirror but I have a pair of trousers that I only bought a month ago which I can't wear because they are too big round the waist :)

9. CLH_X3

CLH_X3 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(9.48%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    cant notice the difference on myself

10. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    Im afraid im one of those who still doesnt see a difference. Sure i know it because my clothes are all gone and my new wardrobe is taking shape, but i cant see it physically, i still see the fat girl i was ashamed of in January...:(

11. zebredy

zebredy Sci-Fi Geek

Diet:
    WW
    I've only been doing it for 9 weeks and I personally can't see a difference yet, especially not where my stomach is concerned, but I hope to get there eventually...

(One day hey?)

12. Anthony Smith

Anthony Smith Slimmer 2010

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(23.21%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I tend to steer clear of ALL mirrors !!

But well done on your noticeable difference !!

13. Loopyluc

Loopyluc And Again...........

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Diet:
    Cal Counting, Paleo
    well done cherry! I too have noticed the difference in my belly :) I can wear dresses I havent been able to before, as my belly was always straining to get out!!

14. likklebex

likklebex Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have lost a stone and i can't tell at all!! Others say it has gone in my face and shoulders a bit but i just can't fathom it! It must have gone somewhere tho eh!! x

15. Sneeze

Sneeze Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.01%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints & Gym
    I've lost a stone and a half and can't tell at all. My parents came back from hols when I was about a stone loss in and said they could tell but they're biased eh? ;) I think I'm seeing a bit more definition in my waist but that might just be wishful thinking!!

16. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    it does take a while... I still go around thinking that my knees are enormous, then i catch a glimpse of my legs by accident and I realise that in reality they're not... we do have a distorted image of ourselves that comes from how we have perceived ourselves in the last months, I think it's 6 months down the line. Slowly our self image changes, but it does take time and this is both good and bad, because you don't even realise when you're putting weight back ON until it's too late if you don't weight yourself regularly!:sigh:

17. Miss Mango

Miss Mango Little Miss Wii Fit!

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.17%)
    Diet:
    My own
    I can notice a huge difference in myself now but then I have lost almost 2 stone in total! My face is a lot nicer shape and I no longer have a double chin. My wrists are a lot tinier and my stomach is flat for the first time in a couple of years. Bum going down and my ankles are now slim (thank god!)

The main person to notice my loss is my mum, she keeps going on about it lately, telling me to turn around so she can see better :D Makes me feel so much better that she compliments me on my loss rather than say I'm too "porky" :p I've still got 3 and a half stone to lose but I'll take it 1 stone at a time.

I'm so excited :D

Well done on your losses hun, your profile pic is very pretty. I wish I had the guts to put up photos :p

18. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    that's so nice of your mum! My mum instead used to tell me off and say how big my bum, arms, thighs, legs, knees... *just add anything here* were, and now she keeps on telling me off saying I need to stop losing weight and look at how SMALL my bum, arms, thighs, legs, knees *just add anything here* are!

Mums won't ever be happy :D (well, at least *MY* mum ;))

19. Miss Mango

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.17%)
    Diet:
    My own
    Ahh believe me I know the feeling hun, I'm just only too pleased to have lost weight for the simple reason to stop my mum going on about how fat I look, it was doing my head in :D She's being a bit nicer about it now and saying that I look great but encouraging me to lose more (as I need to) which is nicer than having her getting on my case which only made me angry.

I completely understand what mum's can be like, so know how you feel. I think my mother is one of the most complex people on earth and can be very hard to live with :p

20. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    LOL my mum and your mum sound so similar! But my mum started saying that I was so tiny WAY before I reached goal, when I still was overweight as a BMI, which annoyed me a bit because I still had a lot to lose and she kept on doing a lot of stuff for me when I was over. Luckily I don't live at home any more :)

same stuff here... my mum is sharing the pleasure of being one of the most complex people on earth :D I guess a lot of other people will say the same ;)

21. Miss Mango

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.17%)
    Diet:
    My own
    Aggh my goodness, not another mum who is like mine :D Lol! Its annoying isn't it when you've got a personal goal and your mum keeps sticking her nose in, my mum is the same, she will try to make me eat even when I'm not hungry (I still live at home unfortunately!) Sometimes I can go for ages without having to eat, but my mum is a person who believes in eating every 2 hours or so - she will go on for ages about me getting something to eat even when I don't want it. Sometimes I feel like letting out a scream over it!! Haha.

Haha, I suppose everyone's mum can get a bit annoying for them sometimes :D I'm only just glad to be getting a rest from criticism at the moment - no doubt I'll be getting the "You're getting too thin" line soon enough ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.