Looking Reem - Weight loss diary of an Essex Girl

well if it helps, my reasoning is if i do it the night of my weigh in, ive then got all week to recover from it if it has an adverse effect and then 6 days to salvage any kind of contradiction from the food,

but as i see it if you stick too totally carb free ie meat n eggs then you cant go wrong - i mean dont stuff yourself that night just have a sensible portion - tbh i find i have problems swallowing whole food now anyway so cant even manage the same size forkfulls as i used too!

whens ur next weigh in? maybe plan a meal of some chicken breast with cajun spices wrapped in tin foil and oven cooked or even pop a few chopped mushrooms into the foil and let it all steam in its lovely juices x
its something to look forward too and keep you motivated x

gutted gutted gutted - cant go to cyprus as hubby cant get time of work - drat n blast n bugger b0ll0cks

cant get the BA flight i want at any other month as they are all full on the staff Z class seats - so looks like im putting that money towards phuket in october now - really gutted was so looking forward to treating myself at the end of my weight loss :cry:

lastbiscuit said:
well if it helps, my reasoning is if i do it the night of my weigh in, ive then got all week to recover from it if it has an adverse effect and then 6 days to salvage any kind of contradiction from the food,

but as i see it if you stick too totally carb free ie meat n eggs then you cant go wrong - i mean dont stuff yourself that night just have a sensible portion - tbh i find i have problems swallowing whole food now anyway so cant even manage the same size forkfulls as i used too!

whens ur next weigh in? maybe plan a meal of some chicken breast with cajun spices wrapped in tin foil and oven cooked or even pop a few chopped mushrooms into the foil and let it all steam in its lovely juices x
its something to look forward too and keep you motivated x

Yep thats what i had last sunday! Canjun spices on a chicken breat woth brocolli. I usually weight between fri-sun depending.
Next weigh in is sometime this weekend hopefully tho its TOTM (...again) so dount ill have much loss x

You never know hun just drink as much water as you can handle to flush out any water retention x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Normally i look forward to my weigh in days - today i am really not feeling that excited vibe i get :cry:

have had an absolute terrible week fell off the wagon big time on staurday, it all started when we bought one of the m&s valentines meal deals i picked out things that were lower in carbs spent ages disecting every food label to make sure i couldnt trash my diet too badly............. well i did.......... (gutted) - the thing that scared me is not only did i eat the meal i also gorged on biscuits, fizzy rose and the whole box of chocolates, i was like a woman possessed :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: and the thing is it actually scared me!

to say i am mortified is not the word - didnt feel like eating on sunday - (prob more due to the raging hangover)
had 1 bar and 1 mushroom omlette on monday, and the same on tuesday as an absolute fast fix to get back into ketosis as soon as possible

walked a mile on monday tuesday and wednesday in a desperate attempt to use up any glycogen stores that were left over.

and even today, to say i am still so mortified over this is an understatement this is really affecting my mood - im really dreading weighing in cos its the losses that have given me the motivation for the following week,

my losses have been excellent up until this week - but now i have the added problem that now food has touched my lips - i feel like i am not in the zone, not focussed so to speak :break_diet:

i need to get my focus and motivation back and im not sure what to do?
it keeps going round in my head that maybe i should try a week of SS+ and see if that helps?

i reasoned with myself that is i at least STS this week - id be fine and no great damage had been done - now i feel so bitterly disapointed with myself that i need a loss or else im a failure - sorry thats so dramatic - the only positive thought i have had has been to "link" this feeling with carbs - i now have so much resentment for carbs and alcohol i can see myself being carb free and tee-total for the rest of mylife - but then that 's just cutting my nose off to spite my face because im that frustrated and upset with myself ..

~~~Therapist for victioria please lol

well if anyone has made it this far then thank you and well done and apologies for being such a moody mare ( that'll be the carbs again lol) t hought it might help to offload it in my diary x:cry:

well... i gained a 1lb :(
but i guess it could of been a lot worse least now i can officially write last week off but i guess i can see the good things that have come out of this:-

1) hate the way i feel phsychologically after the "event"
2) discovered more triggers to self destruct eating
3) the saying "nothing tastes as good, as slim feels" couldnt actually be more appropriate now
4) no longer Mortified... more like DEVESTATED!
5) Only I can turn it around, the bars at the moment are my Devil - i can not be trusted to be sensible with whatever solid food passes my mouth, thats where it all goes downhill for me

So this weeks Plan of Action is :

~ Back to Basics - 3 sachets a day - Harcore SS-ing!

~ Aim to loose at least 2lbs this week

~ which will put me back on target for the 14lbs loss by Week 8 ~ that way another extra losses can be turned into a bonus to kick start my motivation

~ Get back into ketosis as its now thursday and i am still only showing faint trace :break_diet:

You know what I was in the same situation as u over Xmas, I have been doing cd since June last year and cheated every single week, but after eating as much as I did over Xmas I actually felt sick to the stomach and hated the sight of food, maybe having a binge made u realise that u don't need food as it makes you feel awfull! Am sure if you ate a healthy meal it wouldn't make u feel as bad as u do now! You ate too much and now paying the price! It took Xmas to make me realise I want to be slim and do not need junk food and have been 100% since Jan 3rd! Write last week off a lb will be gone in no time! Make sure you have all your packs and water and start a fresh! Don't let it get u down hun!!! Next week is a new week xxx

Been there, have T-shirts in several sizes (none of them small! :rolleyes:).

I'm not sure what it is that does it - the additional carbs in the foods we tell ourselves won't hurt (cos it doesn't take too many more than the 42g we have per day when doing SS to kick us out of ketosis) or whether it's actually that feeling of deprivation kicking in - that yes, we're eating, but we aren't eating what we'd really like to eat (chocolate, cake, chips, pasta - name your poison).

All I do know is that it's a slippery slope. You let yourself have some chicken. Then you find yourself justifying a bit of ham. Next, you convince yourself that sausages aren't that bad (but some of them are laden with carbs, especially the sort that you really fancy). And before you know it, you're counting calories, working out that what you ate may have been low carb but you've just had more than twice your daily intake of calories. And then that in itself has a funny effect on your head. For some bizarre reason, the You'veBlownItGremlin turns up and tells you that you might as well eat everything in sight now and start again tomorrow. The You'veBlownItGremlin particularly likes doing that if you've fed him alcohol... :sigh:

Anyway, having blown it, as you say, you need to go back to first principles with SS. Which means 3 shakes a day. No bars until you're sure you're in ketosis. And lots and lots of water.

I don't know why I do it to myself over and over again but my dieting history is littered with such evenings. But I think there've been fewer of them lately. Which means there's hope.

Hugs, LB :hug99: You can do this. You can't fail if you don't give up!

:talk017:

thanks aysha and lily xx

well today is saturday the erly signs are looking good for this week hopped on the scales this am and are showing me at 10st 9 which is wow wow wow (just goes to show i do not know better than the diet lol)

i strugged for water yesterday but managed probably a litre and half of pure water and a litre of coffee - really am gonna have to try and reign that in a bit i think.

anyway its just a quick update now im feeling a bit better seeing as i cant go to cyprus have now booked for turkey in may staying in the below property, the manager was lovely and gave me a free upgrade, and lots of freebies when we arrive, looking forward to that be bice to keep me motivated before we go to thailand in october ;)

www.julianforest.com

fingers crossed that i will be able to e able to say im 10sy 8lbs tomorrow as when im on this i seem to loose 1lb a day until monday then i stay the same - not sure what all thats about but in other news my scales are saying my % of water is at 48% to is possible i might have a further whoosh this week.
think i may start keeping a log of water /fat % and see if there is a trend with losses?
love n light to all x

Interesting - maybe I'll up my water intake. Last time I was 10 stone 9 I was dancing to Bananarama wearing a rara skirt! Well done

Omg I found a picture of the last time I was 10st 7 it was while I was in turkey in 1999 and I was 22 all them years ago well I guess it's motivation of I post it x

Brilliant motivation, well done u are doing so well, so jel of your holidays u have booked lol!!!

Lol my husband has heart attacks I work on travel anyway and am always finding these gorgeous hotels plus we get concessions on flights and accommodation too usually too good to pass up lol x

Don't blame u, lucky thing!!

ok experiment starts today -

we shall see if high water content means water retention or a pending "whooosh" lol and also see what bearing it has on fat % - i will try and do a graph when i can work out how to that shows spikes n lows of all 3 factors
- oooh get me.. being all scientific geeky like lol :flirt2:

Sunday 19th Feb

Weight 10st 8.8lbs
Fat 33.2%
Water 49.5%

(my official weigh in is on a Thursday, and this weigh in is always first thing as soon as i get up).

Last edited:
Day 2

Weight 10st 9.2lbs
Fat 33.4%
Water 49.3%

Last edited:
Water is critical to life! This healthy body water percentage chart will help you determine if you have enough water in your system. Many scales will tell you this value in seconds.

Because your fat in your body has a lot of water in it, you have to first know how much fat you have in your body before you can then figure out what your healthy water content is. That is, if you say have 33% fat in your body, then you only need another 37% of water alone, because you have water in the fat. The scales don't count "fat water" as water, otherwise your numbers would get very confusing :)

Luckily, every scale that I've seen that measures water also measures fat, at the same time!

Female Body Water Chart

Body Fat % Body Water %
4-20% 58-70%
21-29% 52-58%
30-32% 49-52%
33%+ 37-49%

Male Body Water Chart

Body Fat % Body Water %
4-14% 63-70%
15-21% 57-63%
22-24% 55-57%
25%+ 37-55%

So the key here is that as you lose fat, you need to have more water in your system to compensate. Your body will tend to do this naturally for you. That is part of why it's key, as part of any healthy diet, to drink a lot of water. You should never "lose weight" by losing water. That can cause dehydration issues, which can be quite serious!

Body Part Composition
One of my visitors feels that fat is only 10% water while other parts of your body might be 70% water. Yes certainly an eyeball might be mostly water while a fat cell might contain mostly fat and only some water. Still, it is important to remember that there is water / liquid in pretty much every single cell in the body in some percentage. You want to have that water in your body to help relay chemicals and nutrients back and forth. Never try to "stop drinking water" to lose weight. Quite the opposite. The more water you drink, the more your body pees out any excess and has the most optimal metabolism it can to lose weight.

Water and Sweat
One important function of water in your system is to cleanse out your pores. Your skin's pores are like a protective wall, blocking bacteria and dirt from getting into your blood system. You want to flush those pores out regularly. Sweat helps that happen! Find some sort of activity you enjoy - dancing around to music, going for a walk in the woods - and engage in it weekly. If you can, find a sauna to visit. Getting those pores open and flushed is very good for your health!

Tuesday

Weight 10st 8.4lbs
Fat 33%
Water 49.6%

lastbiscuit said:
Tuesday

Weight 10st 8.4lbs
Fat 33%
Water 49.6%

Which scales you using?I've been looking at body measuring scales. Are you pleased with them?

Back