Looking Reem - Weight loss diary of an Essex Girl

lastbiscuit

Well here i am, several failed "diets" later, i use the term diet in its loosest sense what it actual means is self-deprivation of things that they tempt you with, the carrot and stick scenario

tried weight watchers errrmm more than once unfortuantely a diet where you can eat sh*te didnt work,
slimming world i was quite a lot more sucessful on loosing just over a stone in 2 months.

so here i am a BMI of 31 which (oh my christ!) is OBESE! and a weight of 12st 4lbs - hoping to drop 40lbs and bring me just above 9st somewhere - a weight the scales havent seen since 1996! ha ha

Day 1 (12jan12)
not too bad as it goes, my initial appointment was at 10 so luckily not much time to be tempted with anything else other than a black coffee
tucked in to a walnut & toffee shake mid afternoon which was quite...well... walnutty?? lol

Treated myself (oooh get me!) to chicken & mushroom soup for tea which after the addition of black pepper was actully faily nice

Victoria x

Day 2
just a food diary today...

Breakfast
black coffee and maple & pecan Porridge (smelt ok texture a bit off putting)

Lunch
Vanilla Shake

Dinner
Oriental Chilli Soup
( this actually tastes much better than it smells! but i find it really spicy and i love hot foods! - anyway it was ..... an experience??? lol

plus 3 litres of water today :)

surprisingly, im feeling ok ive had the odd stomach rumble but im trying to space meals and water evenly so not been in too much discomfort with rumbles and growling tummy etc

Victoria x

wow! ive made it into Day 3 (whoo hooo)

picked up some more meals from my CDC last night, have decided to try the butterscotch shake and i bought a cappucino to try also - although my cdc says that mixing coffee with vanilla makes a gorgeous latte shake - will try that tomorrow for breckie i reckon :)

tested today and according to my stick i am +++ ketones so all good! i can relax a litle as my body is doing what it needs to :-D

woke up this am feeling fab and not too hungry so had a couple of cups of black coffee before lunch and a shake at about 2 just had chicken and mushroom soup for my tea and hoping to try a hot choc mint/orange shake for just before bedtime
(oh and if anyone has the best idea on how to make it hot please feel free to let me know :-D)

this diet really seems to agree with me - or years i have suffered mood swings and mild depression - really has lifted my mood and i feel the best i have done in a long long time without the need for meds

properly focussed - so bring on Day 4!!!
V x

my mini goals
  • Stay SS 100% for 1 week
  • target weight loss for week 1 - 7lbs
  • walk to nursery at least 3 times next week before WI day (thursday) (approx 1 mile)

Doing fab well done xx

glad this has helped your mood. My mental health has been so improved over the last five and a half months on the diet. i think it's just the relief of not feeling messed up about my food decisions all the time.

thanks ladies x

hi spangles, i had read some of your diary so i totally undrstand what you are saying about mental health - i have to say that dieting usually makes me miserable and irritable i also cheat a lot :rolleyes: leat thats what i found with SW and WW i basically eat cr@p cos the "diet" allows me too

when i gave up smoking i just went cold turkey and it made me question the reasons why i do things and what my triggers are - as my cdc said it sounds like i am quite a habitual person - she got it bang on there !

i thought if i stripped my food intake down and go back to basics, any positive or negative relationships/associations i have with food would be broken.

Therefore i can create a new foundation for myself and only thrive on good positive habits :-D

V x

Just thought id post this incase anyone else finds it helpful (copied from main board)

more revelations - still chuffed to bits about how gawjus that hot choc orange shake was for me tea - just cant wait untikl tomorrows tea now - how sad am i but was seriosuly lush and felt really naughty

literally by accident i found out that superdrug shea butter & coconut body butter surpresses any hunger pangs :-D

basically i just got out of the bath the other night and i could feel a few tummy grumbles, by the time id slavered myself in cream no more tummy grumbkes and wasnt even feeling hungry!

and thats not all....

the same thing happened tonight when i put on my dressing gown (its still got a heavy scent of the cream on it)

also........

i found out that if you burn a vanilla scented candle it also does a similar thing!

how cool is that!

blimey ketosis has a lot to answer for i feel over the moon at the moment!

Victoria x

my mini goals (revised...)
  • Stay SS 100% for 1 week
  • target weight loss for week 1 - 7lbs
  • walk to nursery at least 3 times next week before WI day (thursday) (approx 1 mile)
  • Drink 3 litres of water a day in addition to my coffee fixes!
  • use my slendertone to firm up belly

Hey Hun, I totally agree with you about the diet! It's done wonders for me and I'm on day 13 with no cheats!,! I'm a PCOS sufferer and dieting was a nightmare with my moods and mental state of mind.this diet however has not affected my moods, given me more energy and I feel fantastic! It has also started to control symptoms of PCOS in just 13 days!!! Incredible!!!! Good luck on your journey xxx

vic3.jpg

vic4.jpg

vic2.jpg

vic.jpg

Day 4 - in ketosis ++++ (yay!)

had 2 cups of coffee for breakfast - will try and get some porridge inside me around 1pm - thinking to myself id better eat it or im gonna be stuck with it twice in one day lol

gonna have spicy tomato soup for tea and then hot choclate mint for supper - i am finding i am getting in a routine with the meals now which is good hopeffully i will be able to fit in at least 3 + litres of water today

ive managed to upload some pics today (albeit a bit large!) these pics were taken in may 2011 on a works trip to Benidorm :-D i was probably around 11st 7lbs at this point - have started on this journey at 12st 4lbs (jan 2012)
also going to try and do an hour or so with my slendertone to try and firm up my abs
Victoria x

:eek: ! ABSOLUTELY MORTIFIED ! :eek:

just got my daughter to take some pics of me so i can see any improvements -

:eek: OMFG i am mortified :eek:

i guess the only way is up and if anythign is gonna motivate me not to cheat then these pics are i am actually quite embarrassed but i guess this diary is like therapy i need to face my demons and admit there is a huge road ahead of me

029-2-1.jpg

u mm - do you mean to have your back view up there twice and no front view? :D

well done, though. photos are an excellent tool - you'll be so glad you took them.

oh bugger lol ill reload

029-2-2.jpg

Back