Looking Reem - Weight loss diary of an Essex Girl

Ive always watched cooking programmes lol! And i useually bake various things a week just coz i like it so that the main thing im missing.
Need to cook the kids some dinners but dreading it. Gonna do it during the day when im not hungry i think.
And lock myself away with coursework tonight when hubby has his dinner. Feeding the kids is bad enough without watching him eat too! :/

I love Masterchef, but I absolutely loved Masterchef Australia.

When you do the hot shakes do you make them with hot water or make them with cold and then heat them?

Where in Essex are you from? I live near Woodford!

lol im a basildon girl! :-D

not long moved out of essex, now live on the edge of the cotswolds - thing is everyone round here is so ( for want of a better word ) a bit up themselves - its all jams and jerusalam (in the words of a famous actress whos name escapes me),

it took a bit of re-adjusting as im used to having everything on my doorstep i now have to travel 15 miles in any direction to get to the nearest major supermarket chain - maybe thats a blessing in disguise as my cdc only lives 2 miles away

i miss essex and i miss the people :-( sometimes find myself getting a little homesick

sorry forgot to add i just make them up with hot kettle water and blend for twice as long as i normally would, just to prevent the powder from burning.

you can do it the same way with the tetras and wll make enought for 2 servings :-D x

cheers hun! Is it ok to blend them hot Im scared my blender will blow up if its hot! lol!

Ive only lived there a year Im from west london but my botfriends from East. I really like it though, the people are really friendly I find. I dont think I could move too far from London i like that nowhere takes that long to get to and if you need something its right there. We will prob stay where we are now as I think its a nicer area to bring kids up than where I used to be (unless you are minted in West its crap)
How come the big move....thats a huge change although bet its a really beautiful place.

hi ya - i blend mine with a stick blender and its fine :-D x yes its lovely to be out in the country and in the middle of nowhere , my kids have a much better way of life here just takes a bit of getting used to x

Day 7 18 jan 2012
well, made it to day 7 and thats feet in itself!
had a bit of a wobble yesterday, knew id regret weighng myself, popped up the docs to use the electronic scales and it only showed a 3.5lb loss!!!

i say only because i can SEE i have lost more than that, i can feel my waist my hip bones and im starting to see my collar bone

i tried my size 14 hot pants on 2 days ago and was about 3 inches short of doing them up around my belly, tried them this am and i could do them up albiet very tightly!

so this 3lb malarjy, for want of a better word really got on my t*ts yesterday, i know its a loss and a loss is still a loss, i think i just had really high hopes for the first week, ive usually lost at keast 5lbs on any other type of conventional diet in the past :-( anyway my true weigh in day is tomorrow with my CDC, so i have one last day to cram as much water inside me as possible and hope for a better loss.
thing is now i feel really spoilt and ungrateful that its only 3lbs, but icve focussed on this all week worked hard stuck to plan 100% and my reward is a poxy 3lbs :-(
perhaps ill just out myself in denial and say the scales are wrong lol
then my thoughts moved on and wondered if i should blame this bloody mirena coil i had put in september to help my heavy periods - googled that and made myself more paranoid with people who gained weight and couldnt shift it??

omg then it gets worse...

what if all the biscuit snacking i did when i gave up smoking caused it, then surely i should loose that strauight off? plus all my bacardi and DC days

thanks for reading my nonscence and if you made it this far WELL DONE! lol

will post later when ive re - focussed

The inches are whats inportant hun! I dont care if i weigh 40 stone so long as i loose these inches! (haha u know what i mean!)
Plus ull get a bigger loss next week surely?
Cram the water in. Keep ur chin up. A loss is always fab! X

I've had a few low weeks of 1-2lbs but its shown in inches so down get down about it!
And unless you have compared your CDCs scales to the ones you weighed yourself on you cant know for sure how much you have lost. And it all depends how much water you have had before and if you are still carrying it before you weigh yourself, I always have a wee before a weigh in and it does help.
Good luck with your official W.I x

oh my days! just found this from a CDC on weightplanners forum: -

"On 4-500 cals a day your body will burn fat at the fastest safest rate. You cannot tone or gain muscle on such low calories so exercise will cause the body to stop shedding mass/water to prevent it from having to convert muscle for energy which is dangerous. Lets keep the exercise gentle and concentrate on the weight loss first, then on higher cal programmes increase the exercise"

ive been using my slendertone for the last 4 days - im thinking i might have inadvertantly sabotaged my efforts :-/
today i feel as if i am retaining water - i wonder if this is why at the moment im resiting the urge to take some aquaban as that is also going to have a reverse effect i reckon -
oh hell :-/ oh well lets see what tomorrow brings.....

hmmmm

new goals - 4 litres of water a day err ill let you know the rest later ha ha x

Good Luck for your WI hun. I no its hard but try and keep off them scales!! I am the same as you tho. I have folowed every diet in the world more then once!!
This time has to be the last, what time is your WI? xx

hey - my 1st weigh in is at 1.45pm so fingers crossed x if she doesnt mind im going to ask her to take some measurements as i can see a difference in places saves me getting all worked up - i think i presure myself to much though :-( x

don't take aquaban, your kidneys are being pushed on this diet as it is.

the best cure for water retention is, weirdly, to drink more water. and time. sometimes the body clings on for a week or so. then, the 'whoosh!'

thanks spangles :-x

Good luck for your weigh in! I can understand what you're saying, definitely, but don't let it demotivate you. You've done so well to stick to it! Ask your CDC about the slendertone thing and see what they say :)

Aww Thanks hun that's really sweet of you to remember xxxx
well on a positive note I am back down to a size 14 !!!! Yay yay yay do that's a fan start to the morning
So either way I have definitely lost inches who cares what the scales say my size 14 clothes say YES lol
Xx

Back