Looking to start sunday, motivation very much needed!!

Nunny1974

Hi everyone, I have been looking on here for a while now reading and getting the motivation to order my first week worth and I have finally done it,
I have lots and lots to lose and I find conventional diets really don't work for me as I find I have problems with food, almost addicted to the dam stuff, but hoping that trying s&s it will give me a break from my food issues at least for a while!!
I am going to try for a week and see how I cope with this then hopefully continue with it,
Life is so depressing when your not how you want to be especially when your on an ever turn roundabout and can never get off, but this time I want to be able to turn off and be happy with me,
Lots of motivation and help will be needed on the way and this forum looks like it provides plenty, thanks for listening

Welcome Nunny. Lots of us have a large amount of weight to lose when we start and this type of diet definitely works if you stick to the plan. Once you get to about day 5 it's pretty easy after that (or at least I find it so). The results are amazing and addictive that spur us all on, and as the weight literally falls off you feel like you are making significant progress towards your goal rather than a pound at a time that feels really disheartening when you have a lot to lose as the end goal seems years away. You'll also get lots of advice and support from this forum so there is never a need to feel that you're doing it alone. We're all doing it together :)

Good Luck Nunny :)

I also find that getting away from food really helps me. This forum is great for support and once you see your first week weigh in you'll be deffo ordering more :) x x

Good luck, as BG said, we are all doing it together and it's a great comfort to know that we aren't the only ones! Just stay positive, keep your goal in mind and you will get there! Wish I tried this VLCD option sooner, I am waiting for my order to arrive (hopefully today).

Keep us all posted on how you are doing, when you have a weak moment or find it tough, come on here and have a read, moan or whatever you feel like, thats what I plan to do!

Good luck with the Sunday start, meal replacements are a good way to get you started, but hard to stick to. However, if you can get 3 good days behind you with meal replacements, then your willpower may be stronger to get down to a more normal diet.

meal replacements are a good way to get you started, but hard to stick to. However, if you can get 3 good days behind you with meal replacements, then your willpower may be stronger to get down to a more normal diet.

That's not true at all. I find meal replacement diets very easy to stick to, and you certainly wouldn't go through 3 days of getting into ketosis to go onto a 'more normal' diet whatever you define that as.

That's not true at all. I find meal replacement diets very easy to stick to, and you certainly wouldn't go through 3 days of getting into ketosis to go onto a 'more normal' diet whatever you define that as.

BodersGirl I completely agree. The stigma attached to doing a VLCD sometimes needs as much willpower as doing the actual diet! x

ok maybe i worded that wrong lol. Dont get me wrong, i love meal replacements, they are an important part of my diet.

The OP is saying though that they have a food addiction, and this can be really hard to break. You go on a total source replacement diet, then possibly after a few days give in to food. Or you may find that meal replacements are a godsend as they take away the choices.

What I am saying is that if you can do meal replacements for 3 days, then you have made a great start, and will feel more positive about following a calorie or carb controlled diet if you cant do sole source.

I admire anyone who can stick to a sole source diet, many have and have had great results with it. Im not knocking it, just being realistic that it doesnt suit everyone.

ok maybe i worded that wrong lol. Dont get me wrong, i love meal replacements, they are an important part of my diet.

The OP is saying though that they have a food addiction, and this can be really hard to break. You go on a total source replacement diet, then possibly after a few days give in to food. Or you may find that meal replacements are a godsend as they take away the choices.

What I am saying is that if you can do meal replacements for 3 days, then you have made a great start, and will feel more positive about following a calorie or carb controlled diet if you cant do sole source.

I admire anyone who can stick to a sole source diet, many have and have had great results with it. Im not knocking it, just being realistic that it doesnt suit everyone.

I can see completely your point... effectively there's a diet that suits everyone... you just have to find the right one :) x x

Yes I agree, everyone is different and we all have different issues around food/exercise etc. For me, the attraction to a VLCD is the fast results, hence the motivation to continue/not cheat.

I understand what you are saying 13weeks, that if you can stick through the hardest days of a VLCD you should in theory be able to stick to a less strict diet. For some people that is true. And there is no harm in trying.

Good Luck Nunny :)

I also find that getting away from food really helps me. This forum is great for support and once you see your first week weigh in you'll be deffo ordering more :) x x

Getting away from 'food' is key for me! It's liberating not to have to think about actual meal preparation - take my hat off to those here who still prepare food for others! I have nothing to do with food, the cupboards are empty as is the freezer and that's the way it will stay, for now!

I love to cook so I still make the odd cake and cook dinner for my parents... but not licking the spoon or having an odd chip is deffo a test to the will power! x x

Thank you everyone for your support, I have had issues with food for sometime now and the problem I have when on a diet is that I obsess about what I am eating and when, and I often find that food defiantly has an effect on my mood, when I eat crap I feel so bad health wise as well as emotionally, I need to do this as my health is slowly becoming an issue and with 3 children I need to get on top of this now.
This diet I feel will not only do wonders for my weight but also my confidence as I will be achieving something that I have struggled with for ages. I know it will be hard but I see a glimmer of hope awaits me and I will do my best to get there.

Good luck Nunny. It is tricky with 3 kids (i have 3 too) but its good to forget about "food" for a while. You csn use the time to start educating and planning for when you get to your goal and start to eat again :)

Back