Loopeylou's Food Ramblings

Got not hearing sob brrrrrrr :(

Boiler made a "bang" when trying to start this morning. Had to have gas board out to make sure no leak etc and can't get anyone out to repair til tom morn!!!
So it's minus 7 here, wanting a large glass of wine but making do with a steaming cup of tea.
Just feel as though everything's against me at the mo.
Rant rant rant sorry.... :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh God!! Hope you're ok tonight. Don't suppose you have any little electric heaters for your bedroom or anything?
Hope it gets sorted for you tomorrow.xx

After my tough couple of weeks I'm happy to report just a 1 lb gain. Although gains are not great I'm happy that I managed to get back on track and minimise damage :)

See, it wasn't as bad as you thought, a lb gain is nothing and you will easily lose it again when you are back on track properly. Don't beat yourself up about it hun, you have far more important things to think about at the moment. Hope your hubby is a bit better today, and hope you got your heating fixed, its freezing xxx :vibes: warm vibes coming your way :)

Hearing not sorted, it needs 5 new parts so British gas coming back Monday morning!!!
-12.5 last night too .... We have a good heater in lounge and blow heater in our bedroom pointing into en-suite so shower's later will be bearable.
I made pea and ham soup so have some yum comfort food. Hubbie getting a Chinese tonight, will have 1/2 chow mein , boiled rice and 1/2 a saucy dish.
Brrrrrrr cold lol

Oh my life I need a holiday!!! Work is so friggin stressful, sick and tired of ridiculous deadlines and having to work late just to try and keep head above water. Emailed my boss as he works from home, he's in tues and wed this week and promised we will have a chat and sort it out.
My eczema in my hair line is driving me mad.... Stress and cold not helping.
I feel pretty darned ****ed right now :(
Food all good though, one thing I can control for myself at the mo.
Arghhhhh

cheekychinchilla said:
Hey!
How're you doing today? I'm sorry to see things are all going a bit wrong at the moment. Think you're doing amazingly to stick to SW at the moment and not cave in to naughty foods.
Lotsa love.xx

Hey hun :), still feeling pretty low. My boss is in tomorrow so we'll be having a "chat"
I updated my CV last night and on the look for a new job just incase things don't improve.
Food still good which is very impressive for me, my indulgence at the moment is 2% total, honey and raspberries, it tastes so naughty so hits the spot.
Hope your doing ok? Xx

oh dear sorry to hear your having a stressful time. I watched biggest loser last week and they said that stress makes us retain water and put on weight so I hope your stress levels come down big time and that things run smoother for you xxx

nickycc41 said:
oh dear sorry to hear your having a stressful time. I watched biggest loser last week and they said that stress makes us retain water and put on weight so I hope your stress levels come down big time and that things run smoother for you xxx

Thank you so much xx

Hey hun :), still feeling pretty low. My boss is in tomorrow so we'll be having a "chat"
I updated my CV last night and on the look for a new job just incase things don't improve.
Food still good which is very impressive for me, my indulgence at the moment is 2% total, honey and raspberries, it tastes so naughty so hits the spot.
Hope your doing ok? Xx

I'm doing alright. Cold/flu thing is still clinging on in there, but I do feel much better. Just not quite right yet! But very excited about the possibility of new boyfriend :eek:

Oooh I haven't had Total in ages. Might have to treat myself!x

Gutted at weigh in tonight, I STS :(
Dealing with huge amounts of stress that's really getting me down but one thing I was able to do was stick to plan!!!
Got home and had a comforting plate of SW chips and mushy peas.... No slippery slope for me.
I deserve a big loss next week surely!!

Had a delicious meal tonight:
Minced beef and lentil keema

Serves 4
Free on Extra Easy

454g extra lean minced beef
2 onions chopped
2 red peppers chopped
250g mushrooms finely chopped
... 2 garlic cloves
1 inch ginger grated
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp mixed spice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
500ml Pasatta
250ml water
75g red lentils
Cup of peas
3tbsp fat free natural yogurt

Fry cumin seeds for 20 seconds, add onion and pepper and fry until softened. Add mushrooms, garlic and ginger and cook for further 5 mins.
Add remaining spices and cook for another few mins. Add mince and brown.
Stir in lentil, pasatta and water - cook for 15 mins.
Stir in peas cooking for 5 more mins. Stir through yogurt and serve.

It has quite a few spices etc but it really is worth it honest. Such a depth of flavour :)

Attachments

• image-2119226083.jpg
    image-2119226083.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Back