Loopeylou's Journey to a Slimmer Me

Loopeylou

Gold Member
Hi my names Claire, I'm 39 very happily married and have a wonderful 15 year old son. My weight loss journey spans many years!! This time however for the first time ever I am successfully losing weight with Slim and Save but following our return from holiday my husband and i have not been enjoying the plan at all.

Historically I would have thrown in the towel, binged for a few weeks then switched to something else but after spending a week chatting, getting some valued advice (you know who you are ;)) we decided today's the day!!

Why today? Well coming from S & S I've had a down day today - 3 packs and 406/421 cals consumed. I have a business lunch tomorrow so can officially have my UP day and eat "normally" ......but best of all it's my 7th wedding anniversary on Sunday which will be our UP day so can enjoy a lovely meal together.

My hubbie followed S&S with me and were both really happy with the results but for numerous reasons it's not right for us now, can't say would never do it again but at this stage we know we need to move on. He was never keen on WW or SW due to tracking etc so 3 S&S packs on down days followed by Up day for him is ideal - I will be tracking our up days on MFP and we pretty much eat the same so shouldn't be a problem for him.

I know I will probably face a gain this week due to the switch from vlcd to this but this will balance out and then can fully start my Juddd journey, the thing I am most looking forward to is cooking and eating a meal at my dining room table again with my family :) after enjoying meals out every night on holiday I've so so missed that!!
Roll on UP tomorrow.

Looking forward to catching up with all you fellow Juddder's
Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Last edited:
Wooohooooo :D happy days :)
I'm excited for ur UD tomorrow lol enjoy it!!!

U got any plans of what u fancy eating tomorrow? Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

stef2009 said:
Wooohooooo :D happy days :)
I'm excited for ur UD tomorrow lol enjoy it!!!

U got any plans of what u fancy eating tomorrow? Xxx

I know :)
Brekkie will be weetabix, lunch is at a posh restaurant so not a salad as was planning - may go for juicy steak mmmm
Dinner - homemade chilli con carne and can't wait to cook a meal

Just told Matthew and he's a happy boy for us but also cause chilli's his fav hehe xx

Loopeylou said:
I know :)
Brekkie will be weetabix, lunch is at a posh restaurant so not a salad as was planning - may go for juicy steak mmmm
Dinner - homemade chilli con carne and can't wait to cook a meal

Just told Matthew and he's a happy boy for us but also cause chilli's his fav hehe xx

Hmmmm sounds good!!

Happy for u that u can cook ur family meal, u can all eat together and even better ur sons fave!

It's all exciting :) xxx

Hey loopylou, I remember you from s&s!

There's a few of us who moved from vlcd to here and haven't had gains in the first week, most sts and others still lost a couple of lb!!

Welcome!

17 lost : 50 to goal

Hiya Loopy!

Lovely to hear the happiness/love in your post, so nice :)

I'm new too, in week 2 - but am in awe of your weight loss, hun, blooming well done - and all the best on JUDDD :)

Susie x

Hello!!

Hope you're ok!

Here to follow :D

Ruth
x

fizzyfluff said:
Hey loopylou, I remember you from s&s!

There's a few of us who moved from vlcd to here and haven't had gains in the first week, most sts and others still lost a couple of lb!!

Welcome!

17 lost : 50 to goal

Hiya :) I've been watching progress of ex S&S since getting back from hols which swayed me to this rather than SW or WW. Exciting to try something new too.
It would be lovely to sts but not going o worry if I don't.
Congrats on your progress and can't wait to see if it works for me too xx

ladyfelsham said:
Hiya Loopy!

Lovely to hear the happiness/love in your post, so nice :)

I'm new too, in week 2 - but am in awe of your weight loss, hun, blooming well done - and all the best on JUDDD :)

Susie x

Ahhh thank you so much :) and for the really warm welcome xx

Oh we will *rubs hands in a menacing way* ;)

Ruth
X

Hi Loopeylou,

Hope you enjoy your first UD tomorrow. I was like a child in a sweet shop on my first UD. Haven't been JUDDDing long but I think it's a great way to lose weight & live life at the same time.

WB x

Have a lovely day tomorrow Claire :)

Ruth
X

Morning all :)
My first UP day has started, so far i've very much enjoyed 2 weetabix with milk and a coffee again with milk - forgot how nice it tastes after having it black for 3 months :p
Out for a business lunch today, pretty excited now as was dreading it. Things have been so hard at work but I had been invited to this lunch with senior management and the MD and was so worried about what on earth I was going to eat but now I can relax and enjoy.
Will catch up with you all later
xx

Enjoy it Claire

I will be following you as I'm hoping to.move over to juddd once I'm firmly under 9.

Wishing you and hub all the best, can't wait to se your progress x

Good morning and welcome, not sure how I missed your diary yesterday so apologies fro me x Like Fizzy said a few of us have moved over from s+s and either had a STS or a loss I lost 2lbs but as you expect to have a gain of 7lbs after leaving a vlcd anything less than that is a bonus. Just remember to stick within your DD allowance which you should find easy enough after coming off a vlcd but also remeber to eat your UP day cals, you need to have the feats and famine effect to get all the benefits this diet has to offer, give it at least 2 weeks for your body to adjust and I guarantee you will be converted, I am into my 8th week and know I will get to goal on it, how long that takes me I don't care now as I love this way of eating , losing the weight is a benefit! I have also just posted an interesting fact about losing actual fat rather than water/muscle which explains why you will probably notice a lot more NSV 'S, good luck to you and your OH and look forward to your company x

Back