Loose skin after weight loss and slim and save

jess181989

I already have a slightly baggy tummy which hangs a tiny bit after having my son 5 months ago. Im a little bit concerned that I will end up looking saggy in that area (and others too, but not so worried about those).

I have just over 100lbs to lose to get to my goal weight, is there anything (bar exercise, I do that anyway) that can help to lessen my chances of sagging?

Has anybody gone through it and come through the other side? How much has it effected your skin?

Thanks in advance

Jess xxx

I have some loose skin on my tummy - not surprising as I was large for my whole adult life until now. Only been at goal since Thursday so I don't know about long term changes but I have heard from many people that within 12 months skin improves. Irrespective I'm so much better than I was that I don't really care about the skin! It's only a bit.

I do use moisturiser lots too.

Thanks Weasy! Just been reading your diary- truly inspirational. I think as of today I will be slapping on the moisturiser and bio oil and hoping for the best! I've never seen below 13 stone in my adult life, so I have no idea what I'll look like slim! It's so exciting!!

Having lost just over 80lbs so far I don't really have loose skin anywhere but my inner thighs to be honest. I'm not sure whether that will improve but unless I'm in a swimsuit (so not that often!) I won't be wearing anything that shows that particular area. Shorts are ok as it's right at the top of my thighs. My stomach has a bit of an overhang but it's not really loose skin, there is a definite layer of fat there - I can feel it under the surface. Whether it goes away or not in just under another stone is debatable but I may be able to tighten it up a bit with exercise. I think that many women have it so I won't exactly be unique! And I don't intend to wear crop tops or bikinis at my age so it really doesn't matter too much. Main thing is that I feel so much better slimmer.

I'm worrying about that too jess and have the same to lose as you. I read it can take as long as 2 years to shrink back. If all else fails I might have to save my pennies for a tummy tuck. Some people get it on the nhs but I'm not sure what the criteria is.

It's very hard to get it on the NHS. You have to prove that it's physically affecting your life in a big way I believe so a little overhang won't meet that criteria I think. I'm seriously considering a boob reduction at some point. Fed up of hauling my boobs into a HH / J cup bra, and all of the more fitted tops in smaller sizes either pull across the boobs and if I go up a size they're too big elsewhere.

I have the money saved for a tummy tuck, but don't really want to go there as apparently they don't advise having children afterwards and we're planning on another few yet. I guess I'll put up with whatever I'm left with- I'll be skinny after all! Hehe

I have been finding that if you do things like 20 x sit up, reverse ab crunches, press ups and leg raises then it helps to tone up the skin. Also try using some skin firming body cream (think garnier and palmers do some) xx

I use nivea Q10 firming oil every night and palmers firming cream every morning... So far so good, my skin seems to be firming...

My tummy is awful now never mind at goal :0/

Small price to pay though x

I have gone from 21stone to 14stone, have another 4 to go, I have a mummy tummy and to be honest I cant remember what it looked like before I had my first child, I was 18 when I was pregnant, the only thing I remember was being upset at my 36B boobs, always wanted bigger then after baby cam my boobs grew to a 36f cup, at my biggest they where a 50E I am now a 38F hope to get down to a 36D, but we'll see, my boobs arent too bad, little saggy but not too bad, but then I have always wore a bra 24hours except when have bath lol, my tummy is streched marked wobbly and my tummy button is weird but I don't mind my body really too much, my fiance always says I have a sexy body and wants me all the time so really I think in the grand scheme of things, my happiness isnt dependent on acheiving a flat tummy again, my happiness depends on how I feel about myself, so love your saggy tummy and saggy other bits, and also focus on your best bits, everyone has them, my are my hair, long and blonde, my curvy hourglass figure, my eyes, my legs and my butt!!!!!!!! :)

I have the money saved for a tummy tuck, but don't really want to go there as apparently they don't advise having children afterwards and we're planning on another few yet. I guess I'll put up with whatever I'm left with- I'll be skinny after all! Hehe
It's a massive no no if you want more kids. When they take the skin away they do not leave room for a baby to grow. I read a story in a mag about it just the other week. She had one and then got pregnant and had massive problems which related in the baby squashing her kidneys as no room for it to grow as the skin was stretched already and had to have an early baby which luckily was okay :)

I'd defiantly save the money until you know for certain you have had enough baby's

*lesley* said:
It's a massive no no if you want more kids. When they take the skin away they do not leave room for a baby to grow. I read a story in a mag about it just the other week. She had one and then got pregnant and had massive problems which related in the baby squashing her kidneys as no room for it to grow as the skin was stretched already and had to have an early baby which luckily was okay :)

Well I'll maybe save up and get them to sterilise me while they are down there lol 3 plenty for me lol x

Back