Loosing the Lbs after pregnancy - SW old style

Had a sts this week brenda :(. How did you get on yourself

Well Sinead, awww... do you know why it was a sts? maybe if you tried a few green or red days this week? sometimes if you shake it up a bit it will give it a wee jump start again!
I had 1Lb off, I dunno how as I was off track till Wednesday & totm started yesterday, so I'm well chuffed as I thought I would have weight on!!
Gonna do a red day today and plan to go a bit over my syns.... My treat day :) but I don't wanna go too mad as the christening is next weekend, so I'd better have manners!

BrendaB said:
Well Sinead, awww... do you know why it was a sts? maybe if you tried a few green or red days this week? sometimes if you shake it up a bit it will give it a wee jump start again!
I had 1Lb off, I dunno how as I was off track till Wednesday & totm started yesterday, so I'm well chuffed as I thought I would have weight on!!
Gonna do a red day today and plan to go a bit over my syns.... My treat day :) but I don't wanna go too mad as the christening is next weekend, so I'd better have manners!

Ive still got the totm and i had a few treat days as well as doing no exercise so thats why im a sts this week i think. Hopefully ill be down now next thurs :).

Ive still got the totm and i had a few treat days as well as doing no exercise so thats why im a sts this week i think. Hopefully ill be down now next thurs :).

Good woman. Going to start my couch to 5K again this week, hopefully my knees will hold out this time!! lol

Feeling down today... could be the baby blues!! hopefully it'll pass and I'll snap out of it.:cry:

Went for a walk with the buggy so that's a good start to the week... plan to train / struggle for the couch to 5K tomorrow morning!

Still sticking to green days.. would love to have 1.5Lb off by this Friday but I don't think that's gonna happen, any kind of a loss would be good.

Running out of ideas for lunch / snacks...

Quick green lunches - I think soup has to be my goto lunch and doesn't take long to make from scratch and great for using up all the bits and bobs in the veg basket that's looking a bit wrinkly. I don't eat eggs (but plan to try them soon - eek) but my mum swears by an omlette and salad (5 min to make and plate) or I share a packet of spicy cous cous with my youngest. Sometimes just have a tapas/ploughman's style lunch - grilled peppers in vinegar (from lidl), pickles, ham or chicken (HEB - or use cheese for a HEA) tomatoes and celery, if I'm really hungry I'll add 2 ryvitas.
You're doing great - I keep saying I'm going to try couch to 5k again but seem to be stuck at the coach bit :rolleyes: - over half a stone gone - it does all add up.

Quick green lunches - I think soup has to be my goto lunch and doesn't take long to make from scratch and great for using up all the bits and bobs in the veg basket that's looking a bit wrinkly. I don't eat eggs (but plan to try them soon - eek) but my mum swears by an omlette and salad (5 min to make and plate) or I share a packet of spicy cous cous with my youngest. Sometimes just have a tapas/ploughman's style lunch - grilled peppers in vinegar (from lidl), pickles, ham or chicken (HEB - or use cheese for a HEA) tomatoes and celery, if I'm really hungry I'll add 2 ryvitas.
You're doing great - I keep saying I'm going to try couch to 5k again but seem to be stuck at the coach bit :rolleyes: - over half a stone gone - it does all add up.

Thanks for the ideas!! some lovely things to try now... might also take into a few baked potatoes!:D

Got back to the couch to 5K today... I started on week 3 as I had been jogging a bit with the buggy when we were out for a walk... and it went really well! even managed to run for 7 minutes at the end!!

Had a sts this week brenda :(. How did you get on yourself

Hey Sinead, 1.75Lb off this week!! happy days:D.... wasn't too bad all week but had steak & chips yesterday which went totally off plan!!
How'd you get on?

BrendaB said:
Hey Sinead, 1.75Lb off this week!! happy days:D.... wasn't too bad all week but had steak & chips yesterday which went totally off plan!!
How'd you get on?

Aww brenda i have been so unmotivated the last week and i had a pound up. I need to kick myself in gear and get back at it. And well done you on the loss.. Keep up the good work :)

Last edited:
Christening tomorrow and even though I didn't get anything new to wear for it I'm delighted to say that I reached my mini target and even got 1/4Lb below it!! So now I've just 1stone to go.. :wee:

Next mini target - get to 10 st 4Lb for Christmas.

Aww brenda i have been so unmotivated the last week and i had a pound up. I need to kick myself in gear and get back at it. And well done you on the loss.. Keep up the good work :)

Hi Sinead, aww hopefully you'll get back on track this week... It's hard when you loose motivation. I had a few wobbly days 2 weeks ago and I had to cop myself on before I went OTT. It was hard enough to loose the few Lbs I lost without having to do it again.
I even cut out my curly wurly's a few days last week as I felt that I wasn't being as good as I should have been. I almost took no water the past few days, so I have to try and get back into the swing of it and green tea again :sigh:

My sister told me to eat more chicken and turkey rather than pork or beef as she found that she lost better when eating them. I have to say for the past week or so I have had a good bit of chicken.... normally I would go for pork.. so maybe that is what helped! Could be worth a try? Did you look into doing green and red days? Once I get another few Lbs off I'm gonna try the EE for a few weeks as sometimes chopping and changing between red and green gives me a wee boost so maybe a few days of EE could do the same!! Worth a try anyway.

Ohhhh Dear.... 1/2Lb on this week...Ahh well I had 5 days of eating the wrong food! On wednesday I had a sneaky weigh in and I had put on 2 1/4Lb so I'm happy enough 2 days later to only have 1/2Lb on.
A gallon of water and no treats worked well!! Still sticking to the green days...

Well Sinead, how'd ya get on? did you get back into the swing of things?

Just got a heap of Pasta n' Sauces's.... happy days:D

Wooohooo 3/4Lb off. Will have to step it up a gear if I wanna make the Christmas goal!!

Hey brenda gna do a re-weigh tomoro to start off again. Going back to my roots and going to give herbalife another go. Did the wi this morning 14s 11.5lbs. Still 1lb off since last times starting weight. But its embarassing!

Last edited:
Hey brenda gna do a re-weigh tomoro to start off again. Going back to my roots and going to give herbalife another go. Did the wi this morning 14s 11.5lbs. Still 1lb off since last times starting weight. But its embarassing![/QUO

Well Sinead, What's herbalife? you should also look into green and red days, I know I keep going on about it but it does work!!I know it's disheartening, but you'll get there...only thing is that it can be a slow journey but it'll be worth it..
My weight is only trickling off too but I've increased my exercise so it could be a bit of muscle.... well that's my story and I'm sticking too it lol lol

Herbalife is a milkshake based diet. One for breakfast and lunch and then you eat a healthy dinner with no carbs. I did it 4.5yrs ago an went frm a size 20 to a size 8-10 in 3.5 months. Its gr8

Herbalife is a milkshake based diet. One for breakfast and lunch and then you eat a healthy dinner with no carbs. I did it 4.5yrs ago an went frm a size 20 to a size 8-10 in 3.5 months. Its gr8

Good woman...if it works for you, go for it :) I couldn't cope without food all day... I know it's mind over matter but I'd end up eating more lol. Please keep in touch and let me know how your getting on??
Just afer a dinner that would toss ya, but think I might just have stayed inside my syns. WI tomorrow so I shouldn't have been such a gorb.

Back