Loosing weight before ttc

LOL! i bet you were glad the camera's were coming down :eek::D who in their right mind would like being filmed giving birth? imagine ppl like us discussing them, eh, no thanks LOL

I am on day 51 today (yes, i am counting, lol) so Monday was week 7 weigh in, i have lost 46lbs (3st 4lbs) pushing for another 4 this week to reach the BIG 50! My OH has promised me a £50 note as an incentive - still a while to go thou, that is just my first mission :D

How soon as you gonna ttc? Oli x

Now!!!! lol

No not really, but if it happens it happens lol

You are doing fantastic hun, Do you have any breaks or are you just doing ss?

ooh living dangerously, "sperm roulette" i like it.... :D:D sounds perfect. We were trying for a while last year but i am convinced i am not "working", weight related infertility i presume so i am really praying i am as lucky as you ladies have been after liquid diets :worthy: i have a cbfm so will start using it once i am nearing BMI 29.9 (the magic number!)

Yeah, i am ss, although i have had a few stupid cheats the last few weeks resulting in agony :jelous: will go up to step 2 in week 12 but thats ages away yet :sigh: this is such a brilliant diet but sometimes food is all that i think about. I would l-o-v-e a subway but i would really love a baby more :strikeout_button:so i'm sticking with the shakes for a bit more yet.

What about you? are you ss? did i read its your brothers wedding in June? fab, won't be long. My friend is getting married in August, can't wait can get a gorgeous dress x

Aww fingers crossed it will happen for you hun..

It happened to me twice while on the cd and tbh i never in a million yrs thought it would as i have pcos and had treatment with my first daughter.. I dont ovulate or have periods.

Yes im going to my brothers wedding the 5th June and am bridesmaid so im really trying to loose as much as i can.. I had a break on monday night, we went to a friends and i had chinese and a lot of v&t's but did i suffer the next morning!! it felt like i had swollowed a huge rock

We will be looking and more importantly feeling brilliant by summer! I have a straight run till 01/07 when we are taking my Mom away for 3 days and i have every intension of eating that few days, then on the 22/07 we are going to OH's folks for a weekend, then my friends wedding 15/08 and nothing till our holiday on 26/09. Feeling lucky, my OH is really good support and tells me every day how proud he is of me - he emails when he gets to work with a little rhyme about the day i am on. Yesterday was "reach for the sun on day 51" he is crazy, will let you know what today's in, LOL.

Thats amazing, twice! :D:D:D and hopefully a 3rd time huh?

I'm using the excel sheet from the cambridge section in here - are you? Its brilliant. Tells you your estimated end date. Mine is July :eek: which really would be PERFECT!!!

Oli xx

ha. oli. i love the little rhymes :D

determind, you made me laugh :D i'm due on the 24th may. not long to go now :S

how much do you have left to lose oli? of course if you don't want to say, that's fine :D but you're doing so well!! everyone on here is. you guys really are going for it :D

i'm going to have one heck of a heft to shift when this baby's here, so i'll be here asking for tips :D

abz xx

well... i'm not really sure how much i want to lose, taking it in 50lbs steps but i want to try and aim for at least 100lbs, ideally i would like to lose 140lbs - don't like seeing that in black and white! LOL! :jelous: but i have to keep reminding myself that i only have another 24lbs till i am half way there :eek: (5st gone!) and if i can lose 4-5 per week thats about 6 weeks! this diet is brilliant huh? :D

I know, you will have your LO before i am finished this diet, how depressing for me and exciting for you x

it isn't depressing at all honey. you are losing far better than i did on cd. i was lucky to lose 2lbs a week, usually 1.5. my cdc couldn't understand it. kept asking me to do ketosticks because she thought i was cheating on the sly (i wasn't). eventually i started picking and then getting back on the wagon was SO hard, but i did. i did it for the most part of a year and lost 3.5 stones. which is so bad for cd, but i wouldn't have lost it any other way!! nothing was working. even the doc was confused and checking my thyroid etc. low-carbing seems to work best for me but it's so expensive to do in a way i enjoy doing it, ha. but that's probably where i'll return. or i'll give slimming world another shot but actually go to the classes instead of going it alone...we'll see.

so you see, you're doing brilliantly :D that's what all that waffle was about.

i used to say to myself 'the time will pass anyway. it seems like a long time to get to where you want to be, but whether you stick to it or not, the time will pass, and you can either have lost weight or gained it' and it kept me going. it's great that your OH is being so supportive :)

Thank you, i am going to email that to myself and read it when i feel its taking an eternity! :D:D

You deserve a medal for sticking to cd for a 1.5lb per week loss, i think i would be jumping ship! :eek: thats what i call dedication x

well it was working. and i had a wedding to be in :) i stopped about a month before my wedding and managed to gain an inordinate amount of weight in that time. i always wished i'd moved up the plans properly. i didn't get to goal. in fact i was still a couple of stones off it. but i got to the point where i thought 'i have better things to worry about' and i wish i hadn't :)

still. it's only weight and we know we can lose it if we have to!! we can!!

oh god yeah, we can lose weight. Once you set your mind to it, its easy.... and your right, the time will pass regardless so lets be productive x

Morning Ladies

Oli bless OH.. how sweet is he

Abz Wont be long till your bubs is here judging by how quick the time is going.

I made my hubby take the batteries out of my scales and im wondering if i have lost what i gained on Monday.. i really hate not knowing lol

ha. i used to weigh every day on my ww bmi scales and would record everything every day when on cd. then i swooshed bath water all over them by accident and had to throw them away. when i weighed myself last week it was the first time since my midwife weighed me at 11 weeks. the result wasn't as bad as i thought, but damn denial is good sometimes, ha. still, i'm a compulsive weigher. and if i had them, i'd be on them every day still!!

abz, i think you've done really well. Some women gain stones and stone and you've not gained one yet! amazing really.

Oisin, how much do you think you gained on Monday, you gotta remember as well most of the gain will be water :)

Yeah, my OH is pretty good but lets not tell him that, LOL

ha. yes. but i don't know how much i gained in those first 11 weeks. i wasn't weighed until then and hadn't weighed for a while. i have a feeling it was probably at least half a stone :) ah well. it will come off again :)

just finished reading my book. am on my lunch break at the mo. it was very good, but too short, ha. and a little sad.

abz xx

Oh i usually gain 4/5 or 6lb which really annoys me and thats only in one day, Then by wi day its gone again along with a few more lbs

oh i hate that about reading, when your nearing the end you can't put it down and then your gutted cos you have finished it - women LOL where is the logic. haha

6lbs :eek: ur kidding, it has to be water, i am sure i read to gain an actual lb you have to eat 3000cals? could be wrong :confused:

Well i am chilling with a diet coke, i know i shouldn't but will it really make that much difference? :rolleyes: sitting watching the food network, barefoot contessa is on :):)

Oli x

I want my battery for my scales back to weigh myself.... im getting withdrawel symptoms lol

Hubby told me he left it at work!!! How rude

Im sipping a ltr of sparkling water with flavouring.. its my 3rd ltr so far , my daughter cooked cheese scones at school today and my god did they smell nice, bless her she was so excited for me to have a taste i had to bite a bit off hold it in my mouth and pretend to chew it.

Hope you enjoyed yr DC xx

oooh cheese scones, mmmmmm!!! i need a daughter to make me some :p:D You did well, don't know if i could bite a bit and not eat it :confused:

no battery, oh oh! i feel your pain, i think i would insist on a tesco trip for a battery, how can you not weigh daily? do you think some people only weigh once a week?

3rd litre? your loads in front of me :eek: i've had 3 x 75ml and a diet coke - is that your trick do you think, loads of water?? :flirt2:

Back