Loosing weight before ttc

Oisin, Oli,

That's AMAZING. You're doing so well. I'm absolutely thrilled for both of you. Long may it continue.

Well, I'm another 1.5 lbs down (I'll fix the ticker later on after work). I'm delighted too obviously. It is slowly but surely coming off and I don't feel that I've changed that much about my lifestyle.

Abz, you won't feel May coming up on you now. When are you starting to pack the baby bag? :)

So, I mightn't be able to post next Monday because we're off to Disneyland Paris. I'm sooo excited. Hopefully I can keep myself on track now. I'm sussed out where the gym is and I'm sure they must do salads in the restaurants there so I can't wait. Any of you ever been there? What's good/not so good for the smallies?

Determind

well... i just had a mad hour! decided i wanted to eat. So i did! Had cheese on toast, 2 bags of prawn cocktail crisps and a cheese butty! wish i could say i was pissed off with myself but i'm not - is that bad? Not (def not) making a habit of this, god knows what got into me.

OH has been analysing me and its driving me mad, he reckons its cos i am 12lbs away from a number i've not been since i've known him. Suppose i am a bit apprehensive :confused:

Anyway, fessing up, hope you ladies are ok.

See you tomorrow.... Oli xx

Hi

Just got some news and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I got some routine blood tests done last week because I generally haven't been feeling well (very tired) andjust wanted to get checked. Cholesterol, blood sugar etc.

Anyway, doc rang me tonight and told me I'd slightly elevated cholesterol of 5.2 but that I did have a high level of potassium in the blood and that he wants to get a second sample. This is in case the first is a mistake (he put some word on it)

Anyway, I'm trying not to think about it but it's gnawing away at me now. I'm back to see him tomorrow and it will be a few days before I know the results.

Stupid me though, I looked up the causes, symptoms etc on the internet and I shouldn't have. It's freaked me out actually.

I don't know why I'm posting. I guess by writing it down, I thought I might be able to sort out how I feel.

Here's to hoping it will all be ok. Probably a storm in a teacup.

Cheers,

Determind

hope your results are ok determind. but in my experience docs don't sugar coat things. if he thought there was real cause for concern i'm sure he would have said so.

oli!! i'm going to kick your arse girl!! you are into self-sabotage!! stop it!! you won't get away with it like you have so far and then you'll so so regret it!! get back on the wagon :D

abz xx

Well done on the weight losses ladies!!! :0clapper::D

I am slowly getting down to what i was when i started this thread :eek: i am 1 lb off of it now. So i haven't really lost any weight, but i have lost 2lb this week though which has brought me down.
Still got af, but hope that will go soon lol! as its making me so tired.

Determined i hope everything comes back OK for your test results. Its not nice having something worrying us like that eh!.

Oli, are you wanting to go up a couple steps with Cambridge? or is it more just a 'bite' of something your needing? do you have the cambridge meal bars? they are lovely.

Oisin, hope your headaches have stopped now, i found i got bad headaches after i had my bigger losses.

Abz, i know what you mean about eating the crap, i am finding that difficult. I just want to do the shake diets again, i don't feel i need to be eating in the morning and afternoons, but the bad thing is when the kids are in bed, and hubby and i have peace lol! so we think 'yippee munchie time' lol! which is something we have to stop thinking.

Hope your all doing well. I will try and come on more again and see how your all doing, and update on weigh ins.

Hope you all do as great this week!! xx

Morning..... :D

How are you all? things here are good. Ate yesterday and Monday but today i am BACK 100%! i can do this, its easy. Got a stinking cold and was feeling mega sorry for myself. Never ate anything i actually liked, well did have a sandwich from boots and it was lovely but i was most miffed when i realised it was a shapers, LOL! how sad is that. Really not enjoying this feeling of having food in my body, its heavy! Jumped on the scales today and i have gained 3lbs, oops but thats easy dealt with huh? I am back in the groove.

Went with OH and Mom to see a physic, was really amazing. She was utterly convinced i had 2 kids, got none (yet!) she said these 2 are not far away. She also said OH was gonna change jobs this year, he's in Sales but she see's him in a Managerial position oversea's, America she thinks. We're in the process of getting things freshened up here to sell and have already seen a house we love, well she said the specific area - what are the chances of that? neither of us have met before. V weird. Hope she's right on all counts! Was saying to OH, imagine our kids would be little yanks, lol :p

Elaine, well done babe, a loss is a loss x

Determined, any news from your GP?

Abz - hugs, thanks for the boot in the backside, its appreciated x

Oli ~ Well done for getting back on track! 3lb will be gone before you know it.. Sounds like good news all round from the physic, maybe you will have twinnies!! xx

Hiya,

No news from doc yet. Having a crap week. DD had a tummy bug on Friday to Tuesday. I caught it Sunday. DS caught it yesterday and I'm just waiting for my hubbie, my parents and my nieces to get it. I'm having to work late for work (as I'm off on hols next week) and worst of all, when I am eating I have absolute CRAP - chocolate, sweets, biscuits etc as I don't have the stomach, enthusiasm or the energy to make anything healthy. SO that's my week.....oh yeah! and I might have kidney or cardiac problems (depending on the results)

Can't decide if the glass is half full or half empty today.....

ooooooohhhh i feel ill!!!!!!!!!! :(

why oh why did i ever think it was a good idea to eat :cry: my stomach is sore and i still feel mega bloated :sigh:

Sitting drinking water hoping that will flush it out. The feeling of food in your tummy is not a nice one.

Hope you gals are ok x x

Aww bless you hun, hope your feeling better soon.. xx

so glad your results were good determind :)

how you doing oli? still on track or do i need the bovver boots? :D

hey ladies, how are you all? yes Abz def need the bovver boots! its addictive eating is :eek: determined its just been a bad week :eek: but its absolutely NOT leading to a bad fortnight!!! Been avoiding the scales :rolleyes: will brave them in the morning, have def gained - oops.

Oh well, what can i do. Having chicken from mark's for tea and have a lemon cheesecake (but a mini) then tomorrow its cambridge shakes all the way.

Got loads on this week, getting decorated next week (22nd) and need to box up stuff we don't really use so there is less to move - god that sounds more complicated than it is.

Thanks for asking after me, promise normal service will be resumed tomorrow.

Loads of hugs, Oli x

oh god!!! why did i think eating would be a good idea??? IDIOT. I gained 8lbs, yes, EIGHT POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!! could cry now but what good would that do? Determined to get back on track today, i have too, i feel bloated, heavy and worst of all my jeans don't fit - FFS!!!! Hoping the bloat goes quickly, please (begging).

Hope the rest of you gals have had a better week that me x x

Oli ~ Aww hun just put it down to having a bad week.. we all have them now and again, You will have that 8lb off in no time.

Hows everyone else getting on?

I have lost 4.5lb this week which im quite happy with, just trying to get another stone off me by the 16th April for when i go home x

O x

oh oli. i'm sorry hon. get glugging the water to reduce bloating and get back on track and you'll lose it in no time :) good luck for the coming week. sounds like you are going to be busy :)

abz xx

oisin! thats amazing.... i am so jealous for me but mega excited for you (hugs). Yup, been drinking loads today and already feel better, me and food are not friends at the moment, haha.

Thanks Abz, keep on my case will ya?

x x

Back