Loosing weight before ttc

HI all

Is this still an active thread? do you mind if I join? Im ttc at the moment and have also just started 'weight to go' yesterday and its going well so far as in the shakes and food are very nice.. tad hungry but im sure that's my stomach getting used to my new diet..

babydust to all xx

OOOH good luck with it all;)

Hi, morning!
thanks for the welcome.. Even though Im coming up negative on hpts Im 5 days past my AF date so I am beginning to wonder what is going on! Im never late by more than 1 day so its a bit odd but Im going to keep testing and see..

Well its my 4th day on wtg and Ive lost 7.2lbs.. I know most of it will be water at this stage but Im pretty happy with that actually!!

A woman at my work said she did LL but then put it all back on when went back on real food so Im really hoping that because wtg incorporates food (just low calorie) that that wont happen to me.. *nervous*..

How are well all doing?

x

Well done on the weight loss ;) There was a bit of a craze about LL at our kids school last year lots of mums lost stones and dropped loads of dress sizes (a few of them lost loads of hair too:eek:) but all of them are now back to where they started and a few of them even bigger, I really think calorie controlled healthy diet is the way to go;)
Give it a few days on the testing front and then buy the best quality test you can afford (the more expensive usually the more sensitive they are) if it is still coming up neg and you havent started your period then I would go to the Gp and they will probably do a blood test, good luck with it all, Jo

Hi All.
I'm hoping to start ttc in a couple of months - have lost 4 stone doing sw on and off over the last 2 years and would like to lose my last 2 stone so that Im where I want which will give me the motivation to look after myself well throughout pregnancy rather than using it as an excuse to eat rubbish.

Hi,

Is it OK if I jump in here?

My husband and I have been married for 2 1/2 years and when we first got married had a very early miscarriage which upset my hormones so much that I have had few periods and far between since then. It suddenly dawned on me yesterday though that for 5 months I have had a regular & normal period - every one of these last 5 months! So, after 2 1/2 years of setting myself up for possibly never being able to conceive I can let myself think about it again :D

I braced the subject with hubby last night and completely stressed him out! Don't misunderstand me, I am happy to wait, I am in no rush, I'm only 22!

So we have agreed - I lose ALL the weight that I need to to have a healthy BMI & then we will seriously start thinking about trying for a baby! :D In the meantime, I am allowed to mention it every now and then but not overload him lol! :lol:

So, I have between 4 & 5 stones to lose & this is now my main motivation!

I just thought I'd say for anyone else in the same position that I was advised by my Dr a while ago not to eat a low carb diet if I was planning to try for a baby after weight loss so as not to mess with my metabolism before pregnancy. She said I would more than likely gain a lot of weight again if I did. Just food for thought - pardon the pun!

Can i join?

Decided to ttc once i have lost a lot of weight lol im 3.5lbs down so far :)

Im doing the Dukan diet and really want this to work as i want to get pregnant at some point this year.

Nice to meet you all, i start my weight at 292.5lbs :(

I already have a four year old son, me and hubby been ttc for 18 months but i have pcos so trying to keep my carbs down to lose weight to hopefully help us x

Back