Loosing weight for the final time

Acceber

Hi

I'm Rebecca and I'm fairly new to the site & to SW. I wanted to keep my diary on here to try and keep me motivated.

I am a SAHM with 3 lovely girls, all school age. My eldest is now at High School and I really want to set a good example to her on eating & exercise, and not leave her & her sisters with the (quite correct) impression that Mum is always on & off different diets.

I have taken off the rose tinted spectacles a bit & finally acknowledged that I am the classic yo-yo dieter. I am approaching 40 and did my first proper diet, weight watchers, over 14 years ago when I put weight on after getting married. I didn't get to goal that time (I could do the last bit on my own, does that sound familiar to anyone?!)

I then did WW again after having each of the girls, getting to goal between the first & second. After the 3rd was born, my mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer & my comfort eating went to new & unchartered levels. She lost her battle over four years ago. Since then I have tried SW (badly!), WW & finally succeeded in getting to goal with Cambridge this time last year. The problem with Cambridge for me was that it didn't teach me to change anything or give me a realist way of eating for my future. I also didn't want to go back to it as again I don't want to leave my kids with the impression that it's ok for me not to eat for four or five months. I want them to have a healthy & happy relationship with food. Hence where I am now.

So for all of the reasons above & so many more, this HAS to be the last time I 'diet'. I want to get to goal and I want to stay there. I have been doing SW now for nearly two weeks and I really feel that this is something I can stick with. The food is great (I'm doing Extra Easy), and I'm just cooking it for us all as it's good healthy stuff.

I really want this to succeed and hope that by keeping this diary I can motivate myself but also that you guys on here will help keep me motivated when I wobble, as I'm bound to do. Please help keep me on the straight & narrow!

Rebecca

I've had a good day sticking to plan & have had the following (supper still to come but I know what I'm having).

*Breakfast*
strawberries, blueberries, banana & FF Fromage Frais
*Snack*
raspberries
*Lunch*
gammon steak, SW chips, 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce (1.5 Syns) Carrots, grapes, Mullerlight vanilla
*Supper*
Tortilla made with 2xeggs, dash of milk (1syn), low fat mozzerella (HEa), onions, garlic, cooked new potatoes, mixed salad, apple, 2x Ryvita sesame (HEb), Laughing Cow light triangles x 2 (3 syns) Aero choc mousse (5 syns)

Total syns today : 10.5

Off now to research some local zumba classes seeing as people keep recommending it!

Welcome Rebecca.

I'm new too. I classed myself as a yo-yo dieter too. I've done WW, diet chef, Rosemary conely and even SW in the past. My most recent endeavor has been LL. My god that was hard but like u I want to make long lasting healthy choices regarding food. Food replacement is great for a quick fix but I want to be able to eat normally with my boyfriend and have a social life. I'm aiming to loose 2.5 stone and then see how I feel.

Good luck hun

XxxxJulesxxxx

Yeh I lost 26lb in 6 weeks on LL, went on hols and put 8lb on :-( LL was very good and the counseling and maintenance program is great but I just couldn't stomach it anymore. Support on the forum was brill though.

Good luck this week.

Jules. Xx

Hi Rebecca, and welcome :)

I joined SW (again!) last week after some serious weight denial, and then Dukan (never again!).

I'm sticking to EE too, and that way my hubby is joining in too. I've also started a diary to keep me on the wagon - a bit of public humiliation is a great motivator!

Best of luck with it, and let's look forward to lots of successful weigh ins x

Hi Rebecca

I'm aiming for at least two stone, but if I'm honest it's probably nearer three... Just taking one step at a time. I started SW, the water challenge (where you drink the recommended amount each day) and the C25k all at the same time last week, so I'm really hoping i will start to see results straight away.

What about you?

Charmel

Yummy :)

Just had a fantastic lunch Pizza toasts - 2 x slices of wholemeal bread (HEb), toasted, topped with a mixture made from 42g 1/2 fat cheddar (HEa), chopped tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, herbs & aromat seasoning & grilled until warm & the cheese was bubbly. Pudding is a big slice of melon to make sure I've got my 1/2 superfree in ok

Breakfast this morning was my usual mix of chopped fruit & a vanilla Mullerlight. I also had a FF Actimel drinky yoghurt this morning for 1.5 syns. Just need to work out what tea will be now. No idea as there's not much left in the house - Tuesday is shopping day & weigh day (eek!)

Hi Rebecca

Those pizza toasts sound delish. I'm boring for lunch today. Got chicken left ova from yesterdays dinner so I'm going to make a lovely big salad. I'll boil an egg too and have some LF coleslaw as a syn. I feel really motivated this time. Hope it lasts, I think finding this forum has really helped. Everyone is so great and supportive.

Have a lovely day

XxJulesxX

Continuation of food today:-

Snacked on a packet of Tesco HL salt & pepper pretzels for 4.5 syns.

For tea I had pasta, 2 x low fat laughing cow triangles (3 syns), bacon, a big mixed salad & a muller rhubarb yoghurt. Not exactly awe inspring but it filled a gap! Syns for today : 9

Nervous about tomorow's weigh in as I'm due on & feel really bloaty but I have stuck to it 100% so here's hoping :)

Week 2 - bit fed up

Ok more than a bit. My gut feeling was right & I have STS. I know I lost 5lb last week & I know I'm due on, so my pesky hormones have a lot to answer for, but it doesn't stop me feeling a bit cheated. After all, I'm only on week 2 & I did hope for at least a little loss, especially as I have stuck 100% to plan.

But there it is, onwards & downwards, I hope.

Rebecca

Awe Hun. Least it wasn't a gain. Chin up. I'm sure once the water retention due to TOM has gone you'll have a good weight loss. Keep positive and stay strong this week.

Sending hugs

XxJulesxX

Thanks Jules I appreciate the reply. Just feel a bit pants about it really, but there you go!

Anyway just had a good on plan lunch & no syns used so far today, so can treat myself to a glass of wine later on once I'm back from ferrying the kids to & from drama classes.

Thanks again for the support.

Rebecca
x

Hey Rebecca - I have time now to seek you out lol. Don't be disheartened by the STS, you had such a big loss last week I think a sts is fab! If you have read any length of my diary you will see that I tend to sts most weeks, regardless of whether I've been 100% or not. Hence why in 5 months I've only lost 11lb. I'm sticking with it, because I know it will come off eventually, I hope you see it too!! xx

Back