Lorna's Diary - I can do this!

I am totally addicted to minecraft for the xbox, been playing it all day lol

I had a McDonalds today, large big mac meal with a diet coke. This is all I've ate all day though.. It's naughty but hey ho back to plan from NOW!

I don't feel guilty at all about it and I feel great that I don't feel like I need to go off the tracks because I had it - which is definately new to me. I still feel great about keeping on with SW, so it's all good.

Tomorrow I have a working lunch with my executive director (her treat) and our art patron, it's at a thai food place and I have no idea what I should get that will be the best option for SW, I'm prepared to use all my syns on it though.

Last edited:
It's another day and I'm on plan, woop woop. Just getting ready to.go for my first ever working lunch - I feel quite sophisticated!!

It's in a Thai place and I'm sure I'll find something to eat that will fall within my daily syns.

Hopefully it will take no longer than an hour or two as I have to pick up my child, on the plus side as I do not usually work on a Monday I will get to leave a bit early on friday - yay!

So far today I've had melon and a yogurt - again not really been overly hungry which believe me does not happen often. Not sure what I'll have tonight - either a pasta n sauce with loads of extra veg or I'll have a rice stir fry or something.

I have finished my working lunch, it was amazing. I reaaaallly am such a foodie. We choose from a tapas menu, so I had a plate of rice and a little bit of everything, I had all my rice but must of only had around 6 forfuls of anything else - I was the note taker haha.

I'm just sitting in the car waiting to pick up my smallfry and it's absolutely pouring of rain boo. Swimming has been changed to tomorrow afternoon as I had this work lunch thing. Can't wait to go, I really do love swimming!

Sorry I havn't popped on for a little while, Well done on not feeling quilty for your Maccy D's!! You had been so good so you treated yourself and got right back on plan, the way it should be done!!... Unlike silly me who goes over the top dwelling on it! tut .. lol
I did enjoy swimming but I havn't been in ages!! The weight and the fact I'm top heavy has scared me into not going but I know I should just get back into it, It feels really good on my joints and the kids love it too so I really need to start jotting it in the diary and making an effort to fit it in, wobbly bits and big jubblys and all! lol.. Thats if I can even remember how to blooming swim! lol..

oooo You have just said Rice!! I need to know how to cook yummy fluffy rice pleasseee!!! Can you pop what you do on my diary? I have at times made it well and others messed it up and I don't know where i am going wrong!!... :confused: x

Must be a scottish name for it, it's just boiled eggs put them in a cup with a little butter (optional), salt and pepper then mix it all round and it's amazing! I have it on it's own or with toast :)

yummm!! Sounds like scrambled eggs with seasoning and butter? Mind you, your boiling the eggs first so it must be different to scrambling as ur cooking the egg first, then beating and mushing? lol.. yummmy all the same though right?! mmmm !

LilmissMunchies said:
yummm!! Sounds like scrambled eggs with seasoning and butter? Mind you, your boiling the eggs first so it must be different to scrambling as ur cooking the egg first, then beating and mushing? lol.. yummmy all the same though right?! mmmm !

Yes it tastes totally different, you have to try it! :)

I shall pop on tomorrow with two easy ways to make rice, my eye lids are drooping at the minute!

Remember swimming pinches the inches, I've lost 3 inches round the top of my arms since january from swimming alone.

So it's tuesday - weigh in on Thursday and I am being super good. I would like to lose a minimum of 1.5lbs just like takes me to 10lbs lost which would be lovely to be in double figures for losing. I don't think it will be a great loss because I've not been eating as much as normal as I have been really busy and doing things at odd times but I've been good and I haven't been going hungry so hopefully it won't make too much of a difference.

I am off swimming with one of my sisters after work, plan to do 1 hour swimming and 15mins in the sauna.

Todays food:
Breakfast: 2x pears and 2x plums
Snack @ work: ff yog
Lunch: Cereal bar and an orange
Snack after swim: melon
Dinner: Pasta n Sauce, with mushrooms and broccolli

I feel soo good as I've managed to stick to all my swimming and stairs excerise that I wanted to do, which is great. The weight is coming off, it's a little slower than maybe most but it has averaged out at 2lbs a week which is what I was hoping for. I want to lose weight but I don't want to feel like I'm actually dieting which is why I do love SW. I need to lose soo much weight that I want to take it slow and steady instead of burning out and quitting after a couple of weeks. My wedding is not for 3 years so I have plenty of time to get there and again as I've said before my goal is just to weigh less than what I did the previous month. So far I have achieved that and I feel really good about it.

Well done on your attitude to the weight loss hun!! I would be very happy with 1.5 - 2lbs as an average a week so your doing brilliantly!
Also its very true that you should feel like your eating healthy not dieting and SW definitely lets you enjoy food as well as eating healthy. All that 1/3 superfree really keeps those fruit and veg portions in check! (with my EE plan)..
One thing I will pop in is what are you planning for your HEX A today? x Do you drink tea or coffee?
I like coffee and occasionally a tea but I would no means call myself a coffee or tea drinker. I just usually have a coffee in the day and evening and water between. Will need to try and add some other flavours into drinking though as I don't think I do drink enough and I used to drink so much!
Hope you have a good rest of the day and evening ! Enjoy your swim! :) x

I struggled to get HEA everyday, I don't like milk, in fact the only time I like it is when I have it roasting hot with a choc options in it. I do love cheese though, which is usually what I use my A choice on but I just don't always want cheese everyday. I definately need to make sure I have them both everyday though as I definately want to be healthy. I'm glad I have you looking out for me, I'll have a hot choc tonight :)

Yep I think that losing weight should be something that you enjoy and not something you find a chore, also I really love food, I love trying new dishes and experimenting and SW lets you really eat any dish, of course with maybe a few changes but really nothing is off limits aslong as you stick to the plan.

Swimming was good as always, got there a bit later though and only had time for 30mins but I think I did about 20odd lengths, which isn't too bad - I really should try and count how many I do, I also did my 15mins in the sauna :)

Well it's sunny today, even though we did have about 5 mins of hail stones earilier not that I'm surprised for where I'm from. I have had a great start to the day, so far I've had Sainbury's vegetable sushi (0.5syns) per pack, 2 plums and 1 pear. Will be heading home in about 30mins for lunch, not really sure what I'm in the mood for yet but I do have plenty of things in. I'm going out with my cousin tonight so will grab something for dinner to take with me, but it will be something easy to eat in the car.

I ordered the 30 day shred this morning, because clearly I'm insane! Strangely though, I'm quite looking forward to doing it. I think I will have to start on a Friday as most people say it takes a few days for the pain to ease, so I'm wary to start when I have work the next day. Starting on a Friday afternoon gives me til tuesday to get used to it haha. I'm sooo unfit even though I swim alot I know I will find this hard but you know what - no pain no gain. I really want to shift this weight and I more than anything would like to be healthy and fit - well now it's just a case of waiting for it to arrive, until then I'll stick with my swimming and walking. I'm a little worried about weigh in on Thursday as I had that carvery, mcdonalds and that working lunch which is ALOT of times for me to eat out in a week. I have been okay the rest of the time and stuck within my syns or less so I'm hoping for at least a sts or small loss, if I get that I will be more than happy, at the end of the day this is a journey I'm going on for life so no point beating myself up for living it (this is me getting prepared as I know I have two nights out drinking, 1 on friday and 1 on wednesday. I will be eating like an angel at all times this coming week and I will do as much excercise as I can to compensate but I'm keeping myself prepared for what may be my first gain in 7 weeks - haha)

Played some more of the games on the arcade and I got a top score in one, I'm really not sure how I got it as I thought I did crap but it seems it was good enough to win me first place by quite some points, so YAY!

I forgot about using the HEA for hot choc!!! Thats the one thing I sometimes struggle to get in as I know it sounds like I'm writing the same thing, but I find it hard to fit in my HEA, or remember rather - If I'm not having cheese on that day and I don't drink that many hot drinks like tea or coffee in the day to add it up so I will deffo be using it on hot choc when I am trying to fit it in , like tonight! woohoo!! :) x
I would never be able to swim one length now let alone the amount you did so I really really am very unfit in that sense! I powerwalk everywhere but to me thats not strenuous enough to really get my heart racing anymore so have been doing mini jogs now and again when noone can see me like under a subway or along an alley lol. But usually I walk walk and walk some more! lol.. Its mainly because of my joint pain but hoping that improves as more weight comes off. I am also going to be doing the Wii Fit again as I have a zumba game on there I enjoy and going to go kickboxercise once a week so hoping to fit a good amount of strenuous exercise in now to try and tone up a bit. But when I'll be doing the shred I bet my body will be completely shattered after the first day! lol.. I'm still waiting for mine to come through the post! **mini sulk** lol.. Anyway going to stop hyjacking your diary! lol..
ps// WI tomorrow!! eek!! I feel bloated alot this week for some reason so I would be happy with a STS too! I have been so good bar my 3tbsp butter icing so I hope that doesn't jeopordise my chances ! ... We will see! :/

I love it when you hijack me lol

Yep it's weigh in day/night and I have also been a bit bloated - it may be my *totm* I've had the implant in for 7 years so I don't really have a totm however I find that every 4-5 weeks I get quite bloated I think it's that. I've been good but not great this week but I'm okay with that - so I would also be okay to stay the same.

After weigh in though it's a new week, and I will be like the perfect version of slimming me except on friday and wednesday night - I'm prepare to put on but will be working hard to make it as little as possible. After those nights I don't have any plans like that any time soon so it's all good!

Got my walk in two weeks so I better get out there and start practising harder lol!

Good luck for WI x

Okay so I HATE myself right at this very second, I was weak, WEAK!!! I just ate a toasted cream cheese and bacon bagel - it was actually amazing but I cannot even bring myself to even try and work on the syns for it. Everyone in work was getting one and I say no to everything, cakes, biscuits, sweets because I'm not really bothered about those things but come on today had to be something that I would really like. Okay so I'm drawing a line under it right now, no going off the rails Lorna (I'm Lorna btw, not sure if I have said my name yet haha) like you would normally do, just remind yourself you've done really well so far and it's okay to be silly now and then.

Okay so I'm really upset, I have weigh in tonight aswel lol What am I doing? *bleeeep bleep bleeeeep* haha okay I feel better - I'm glad I came here though instead of just saying oh well might aswel eat what I want during the rest of the day, which turns out to be a week, which then is a month and before you know it I'm a fat mooo again lol I haven't done that cause of MM - I actually haven't even thought about being bad in the last hour (yes it's taken me 1 hour to write this) as I have been super busy. I'm still busy but having a wee 5 minute break :)

Stop right there miss..!! No hating yourself!! :) I know I would beat myself up too and have someone else behind me telling me to let it go and move on and forget it ever happened lol.. But you have done soo soo well in all you have achieved so far and you need to remember that any weight we have lost is a BIG BIG achievement!! The fact we have woken up and wanted to change our life is a mahoosive step and something which won't be all plain sailing, we will have highs and lows and in betweens (or in other words STS lol ) but we WILL get there!! xx
Well done for reminding yourself to not give up and blow your plans of eating healthy. Its one blip xx You can forget that silly Bagel and start thinking of those yummy things that are Low Syns or free!! Yummm! There what bagel were you on about? I didn't hear you had a bagel??... (Like what I did there! lol)
What you having for din dins!! ... :)

This is my 3rd one and I love it, the first year ot two I still had a totm but like you light, but I have not had 1 at all in 3 years it it just got steadily less frequent lol

I know, I just need to plow on through it I really feel super bad about it but hey ho I'm only human and I'm not giving up. I havent been as organised this week and I think thats why I've kinda strayed or not eaten enough etc so tomorrow I'm going to plan this coming week and be totally ready for it! I love this forum it's such a great place and I know that sometimes I'll be as great and others not so great! I hope I've lost something I've not been riduculous but will have to wait for the scales tonight lol

I'll eat after weigh in, so din dins tonight will be cereal for my a and b choice and I'll have lots of fruit too. I may have a pasta n sauce tho so I can have a cereal bar and hot choc lol :p

mmmm Either sounds good to me!! Although cereal bar and hot choc might feel naughtier :) yumm! I have just brought some White squarish wraps that are 8 syns each (ouch!) but can be used as a base for a home made pizza and are quite large so you'd get a fair sized pizza out of it and I could still have a side of mushrooms if I wanted too... I love mushrooms! lol.. or I could halve it and share it with the boys and have a side of a little pasta too ..so I am only using 4 syns and still getting pizza! hmmm lol.. I am going to be looking about for some wraps I can use as bases but less syns I think ! lol x

I too love the support you get here and I know i'll learn something along the way and most of all I know people are not judging you as they know however much or little they have to lose they know how you feel and how hard it can be to want something so much! So ppl appreciate the struggle at times of weakness !! x

Let me know when you get your dvd through post!! Mines still yet to arrive..hmmmm!

I'm getting confused as to which diary is whose! lol

Haha, it's great to have visitors to my diary :p

Back