Lorna's Diary

Too tired after work to cook for just myself so i just has a few nibbles - hungry now tho so contemplating cooking a couple of lamb chops, or salmon.
Don't know if that is ok. Gonna do it anyway..

B a bit of greek yoghurt and 1oz mixed pecans&almonds
L salmon & green salad with french dressing & tablespn seeds
S peppperami
D pate & celery, belly pork

?lamb chops or salmon?

Morning Lorna, what french dressing do you use? I couldn't find a decent one that wasn't high in carbs.

hi jim, i make all my own dressings and sauces,
french is easy, i use white wine vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt and freshly ground black pepper mmmm

yeh, its great, and all i do is chuck everything in a clean jar and shake it up - job's a good'un. Keeps for at least 3 wks, tho it's usually gone way before then.

Todays menu
B 1 brockworst sausage and a handful of almonds (breakfast on the move..)
L chicken salad(including 7olives, 1/2oz feta cheese and a tblspn of seeds)
S pepperami
D Aberdeen Angus rump steak with garlic butter, broccoli and cauli FAB! 25g of 85% chock

Hi Lorna, Doesn't look like too much food to me. Looks great. Good luck this week.

Thanx coffeelover. Say, what is your experience of caffine and Atkins?
I love the stuff and have uncovered so much conflicting evidence about wether coffee is a help or a hinderence. So i'm trying to limit to 1 freshly ground per day and decaf the rest of the time (but decaf just aint the same)

Hi Lorna, could kill a good steak right now. Has been a sandwich day (lc of course) but not as satisfying as real food! I wouldnt worry about the coffee too much - unless it means you have to have a ton of cream and sweetener:eek:

Morning Lorna, I make my own dressings as well, but not anything that adventurous, I'll give that a go.

Coffee, well originally Atkins thought that your body would burn the caffeine for energy before it burned fat, they seem to have proved that's not so now, but still, I use decaff coffee and tea, but more for health reasons now. i must say, if i do have a full strength coffee these days, I get palpitations, and my heart races. :(

Last edited:
Thanx coffeelover. Say, what is your experience of caffine and Atkins?
I love the stuff and have uncovered so much conflicting evidence about wether coffee is a help or a hinderence. So i'm trying to limit to 1 freshly ground per day and decaf the rest of the time (but decaf just aint the same)

I have just one triple espresso every morning with a teas of double cream and other than that it's just tea, herbal tea and water. I don't think the caffeine effects my weight loss? I really couldn't give up that first cup of the day and no one could live with me if I did. I did try once for a whole week and it was futile I was miserable.

That's interesting Jim, I used to get the palps even just having one a day. I seem to remember the new Atkins book does say you can have caffeine, must read that section again and get the full scoop.

I really couldn't give up that first cup of the day and no one could live with me if I did. I did try once for a whole week and it was futile I was miserable.

I know exactly what you mean, just NEED that one cup in the morning.

Thanx folks, I shall henceforth enjoy it without guilt.

Today:
B 1.5 boiled eggs mashed with butter (would have been 2 but i had to share with my 3 year old)
L 2 lamb chops and salad with a bit of mayo
S 1oz of raw hazelnuts, 1oz pure creamed coconut
D Homemade chicken and vegetable soup with a drop of double cream
S 1oz including shells roasted unsalted pistachio nuts

So, it's been 9 days since i cut the dairy, since then i have had 1/2oz feta cheese, 100g greek yog, a tablespoon of cream and a baby bell. All on different days. so that is quite a turnaround for me. If i'm honest i was eating tons of cheese and cream - excessive really.

Anyhow, there IS life after cheese and i'm v pleased with myself - so pleased that i'm afraid to go near the scales in case i havent lost, cos that would make me very sad :cry:and probably precipitate a major binge. And, having looked back over the last week, I looks pretty good so i dont wanna ruin it...

Morning Lorna,

are your clothes feeling any looser at all?

evening jim, i do fancy that me trews have a bit more room, but not certain it's hard to say.

Thanx for the vote of confidence coffelover, i may be brave and get on the scales in the morning...

Today
B - 2 eggs mashed with butter (new favorite) and a slice of corned beef
L - leftover soup and bit of salad (undressed)
D - 2 carbfree sausages, half a steak and salad with mayo, 25g of 85% chocolate

very hungry this evening so as i write this im havin a small plate of nibbles comprisin of
s - celery&pate, olives, cucumer, chorizo and a bit of chedder(<1 oz)

Last edited:
Evening lorna, those nibblies sound good. Hope you had a good day:)

hey guys, weighed in this am and scales show a half pound loss.:cry:
Bit disapointed (i was hoping for more) but not gutted enough to let it get me down.

So today i have finally accepted that i have to ditch nuts and (resentfully) chocolate (even tho its only 25g of 85% coca, it's gotta go)

I did my very first primal workout: pressups, pullups, squats and the plank. All the exercises were beginners versions using a wall or chair - still very strenuous for me to do only a few, highlighting my lack of core strength - so i've declared my mission to be able to do properly at least 1 of each by the end of the year.
I think that is achieveable.

Today
B - Chorizo & 3 egg scramble
L - 1/2 of husbands Chicken kebab meat & salad (no pitta)
D - 1/2 steak, a few salad leaves and 3 cherry toms

Morning Lorna, it's a loss and that's all that counts, maybe you are cheese problematic, I had to give it up for a while.

Evening folks and happy friday

Feeling still very motivated, tho my thighs ace after yesterdays primal workout it's a good ache

B - scrambled eggs
L - chicken and vegetable soup and salad
s - tin mackerel
D - 1/2 steak, 2 small lamb chops, salad and asparagus butter & bit of mayo

Sooo hungry today, and still hungry now even after my dinner.
Unfortunately snacks are hard to do now that i've ditched dairy, nuts and all forms of processed food.
There's no meat left in the fridge and i've eaten my veg quota for the day.
Another tin of fish perhaps, or more eggs...

Morning Lorna, how's the thighs this morning :)

Good weekend love?

Back