Lorna's Diary

well, it's been a few days since my last post, have been hormonal and too tired.
The new job is taking it's toll: i have a constant pain in the back of my shoulder/neck that i attribute to poor posture and stress - i constantly have to remind myself to stand up straight and lower my shoulders.
So i'm going to start wearing a corset when i'm working, that should help me to mind my deportment:)

The good news is that i am comfortably wearing a pair of trousers which has a button that untill now would pop open every time i sat down -Woohooo!

Not the best day eating wise (rubbish actually) as i'm too knackered to enter the kitchen - day off tomorrow, will make up for it then

B - handfull of nuts
L - roast beef salad with balsamic
D - 1 babybell, another handfull of nuts & 30g of 85% chock

Morning Lorna,
So i'm going to start wearing a corset when i'm working, that should help me to mind my deportment

Never mind what that'll do to make your boobs stick out ;)

Never mind what that'll do to make your boobs stick out ;)

PMSL

you're right Jim it does which has raised a few eyebrows but my shoulder has stopped hurting yay!

So i lost a couple of pounds - great. Slow but steady wins the race.

Just had a disagreement with hubby over his feeding crisps to our boys (aged 5 and 3). That had just had a delicious healthy 2 course meal, then he gave them chocolate, and then crisps!!! WHY? they wern't asking for food! I'd love to know what it is he gets out of poisoning our children.
When i asked him that question he advised me that i'm obsessed and that he's sick of hearing it, followed by a very dramatic exit.

Oops, that's our first row in many months and i feel quite bad because to some extent he's right, i am obsessed and i have imposed my dietary beliefs on my family. i wont have bread or biscuits in the house, i dont allow sweets, there is no easy cook frozen food in the freezer etc etc.

But whaddya do? i cant help wanting what i believe to be right for my kids. Maybe i should relent and buy some frozen chips and fishfingers once in a while...

Morning Lorna, yes it can be difficult, how about some dried fruit, not Atkins friendly for the kids, but better than crisps and chocolate

Haven't kept up with diary this last cuppla wks, consequently no weight loss.
But despite the apparent lack of weightloss, im fitting into clothes much more comfortably than before - why IS that?

So, anyway - back to daily menues
Today
B - 1 homemade low carb meat ball
L - 3 of the above meatballs
D - 3 eggs mashed with butter a few 1cm cubes of baked ham and salad with a smidge of mayo

Planning on a cuppla glasses of red wine and 25g of 85% chock mmm

Your probably losing inches Lorna. Did you take before measurements? This does happen to a lot of us.

Your doing great and sound focused. Well done:)

Last edited:
Morning Lorna... Hope you have a great weekend... Sounds like you're doing fine in the shrinking department xx

Morning Lorna, wasn't it a cracking weekend love

Morning Lorna, wasn't it a cracking weekend love

Hey jim twas, fantastic. Amazing how we all feel with a bit of sumshine - looking good for easter too:flirt2::flirt2::flirt2:

Well, i managed to loose another 2lb. it would seem that something is finally working so i'm just gonna carry on as is..

Feeling very positive and not slightly worried about the upcoming anual easter camping holiday (last easter i blew it so badly that it took months to recover).
I used to have "diet holidays" when we went away, thinking that sandwiches and cakes, biscuits and crisps were holiday food...

Now i just think of that stuff as poisonous crap!

...so i'll be taking lots of tinns of fish, nuts, olives, real chocolate, coconut, beef jerky, chorizo, cheese, salad, ham and mucho vino - fantastic!!!

Today's plan
B Bacon, eggs, asparagus in butter
L lamb chops & salad plus a bit of mayo
D sirloin steak salad plus garlic butter
snacks 85% chock, coconut cream,

?wine tonite maybe? - nah! save it for the weekend

It's been 2 wks since my last post:

Went camping - had a great time. fell off the wagon a bit - nothing too damaging, just a bit of Pizza the one day, and a chinese the next, and 3 pints of ale.
Overall, a vast improvement - last easter i ate like a (carbaddicted) starved army and gained 12lb

Came home from holiday to a burgled house - Bit of a disaster that could have sent me over the edge completely but i managed to hold it together with the aid of several bottles of wine a shedload of nuts and a pound of 85% chock.

So, ive gained 3.5lb but i'm back on track and glad to be back posting again

B - 1 dukan gallet
L - smoked salmon with cottage cheese, few slices of ham, 2 eggs, plain yoghurt
d - steak, plain yoghurt

Huge ((hugs)) Lorna - unfortunately i know how it feels to come home to a burgled house so really feel for you. Well done holding it all together and keep going
Xxxx

Back