Lose 2 stone in 5 weeks on the exante diet?

Hi Katie, Exante is a very low calorie meal replacement diet, like Lighter Life but without the counselling. There are different plans you can follow... I'm on Total Solution which replaces 3 meals a day with shakes, bars or their meals. Total calories a day 600 but gives you all the nutrients your body needs. Other plans incorporate a low calorie meal too.

Surely the clue is in the your first sentence (food replacement)! so when you start actually eating "food" your body will just hold onto it? and you will start to gain all over again, or are you doing this as a super quick fix to get into summer mode? i have tried other things over the years and it (never) stays off, and as soon as i started to eat again i gained again, Healthy eating plan, Slimming World is the secret for me now, once again the clue is in the phrase (healthy eating)I bet Exante isn't cheap either? I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but i really feel for people doing these restrictive starvation type "diets"

Last edited:
Surely the clue is in the your first sentence (food replacement)! so when you start actually eating "food" your body will just hold onto it? and you will start to gain all over again, or are you doing this as a super quick fix to get into summer mode? i have tried other things over the years and it (never) stays off, and as soon as i started to eat again i gained again, Healthy eating plan, Slimming World is the secret for me now, once again the clue is in the phrase (healthy eating)I bet Exante isn't cheap either? I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but i really feel for people doing these restrictive starvation type "diets"

Hiya, not harsh at all, a few years ago I would have said exactly the same. But having been a big baby, chubby kid and then morbidly obese adult I am seeing this as a last resort.

I have been on diets since the age of 10. In my early 20s I lost 11 stones with weight watchers but couldn't seem to keep it off. I have since lost and regained many stones with slimming world and weight watchers. I have been under a dietician at the hospital since the age of 13, had numerous tests done in various hospitals as at one point, after weight watchers, I was living on 800 calories a day... eating any more and I gained weight. All tests found no medical reason for my weight problem. Having reached almost 24 stones yes, I am looking at this as a quicker route to getting my weight down and although I am the first to know that it is when you've lost the weight the real battle starts, my weight has been a lifelong struggle so I'd rather be struggling with it at a healthy weight than at dangerously heavy weight.

My brother in law was 30 stones and lost 16 stones with slimming world a couple of years ago and was a runner up slimmer of the year. It worked really well for him, although he has regained around 4 stones and is now battling to keep his weight down. I also have friends who have followed very low calorie diets and managed to maintain their goal weight for five years now.

For some people weight will be a lifelong battle. At nearly 50 I want to shift this heavy weight and then through better food choices and exercise try my hardest to keep my weight in a healthy range.

I wish you every success with your weight loss journey - you have done amazingly well and look fab.

I know many people who have lost a lot of weight and kept it off for good but I also know many who haven't been so lucky. The people I know who did keep it off had 3 replacement meals and an evening meal of fish, chicken salad, veggies. They stayed around 800 cals which is still classed as a vlcd, they still lost the weight fast, when at target they very slowly introduced more food over 3 month period. If you do this correctly it works, but that can be said of any diet. That is how I will follow the plan. I'm afraid most people when they have lost the weight go back to old eating habits and put it back on and more. I also wish everyone doing what ever diet suits them the very best of luck.

The very best of luck to you both ;)

Well it's been a week already! My that's gone so quick without no food passing these lips! Newer thought I could go a day let alone 7!!
Jumped on the scales this morning and I've lost 9lbs!!! So pleased with myself.
Loving this diet.
How are you doing Sparkley? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well it's been a week already! My that's gone so quick without no food passing these lips! Newer thought I could go a day let alone 7!!
Jumped on the scales this morning and I've lost 9lbs!!! So pleased with myself.
Loving this diet.
How are you doing Sparkley? X

Hi Kelly

Fantastic news! Well done! That's the kind of motivation you need to keep sticking with it.

All good with me, lost 3lb this week which I was a bit disappointed with as I've been doing a 39 day shred DVD every day too. But still lost 25lb in 28 days so can't complain at that!

Just making my Exante chilli for tea! Have you tried the meals? x

Thank you. Yes has definitely given me a big boost to stay motivated that's for sure. I know losses aren't going to be like that everytime but still chuffed.

Well done you too. 3lbs is still a big loss! You should be very happy. And your total so far is fab. 3lbs every week would be brilliant!

No not yet I'm still to scared to and haven't ordered any yet.
X

Good luck Linz1971. 7 weeks is a long time so I'm sure you will do it. I get married in 8 weeks and I'm hoping to lose at least 2st before then!
Im now on day 10 and have lost 10lbs so far. My first week was the hardest although I was around every takeaway possible but I resisted. This week has been easy so far, I just hope I keep up this pace.
x

Hi guys just reading your threads.
I started at 15stones and in 6 weeks have managed to lose 2 stone 1lb.
Not easy but when you see the weight coming off it keeps you going

I don't ever remember being this weight xx good luck everyone

Hi guys just reading your threads.
I started at 15stones and in 6 weeks have managed to lose 2 stone 1lb.
Not easy but when you see the weight coming off it keeps you going

I don't ever remember being this weight xx good luck everyone

How you lose weight isn't necessarily related to how likely you are to keep it off.

The only way to keep weight off is changing your lifestyle and eating healthily, that is definitely true, and changing habits is what's hard.

Let's say 90% of people fail to change their habits permanently. Only 10% of people who change their habits before they lose weight will get to goal. With a VLCD, most people will lose a significant amount of weight. After they're at goal, the habit changing comes in and again, only 10% of people will manage that. It seems like a lot of people regain, but those people wouldn't have lost very much at all the traditional way.

How you lose weight isn't necessarily related to how likely you are to keep it off.

The only way to keep weight off is changing your lifestyle and eating healthily, that is definitely true, and changing habits is what's hard.

Let's say 90% of people fail to change their habits permanently. Only 10% of people who change their habits before they lose weight will get to goal. With a VLCD, most people will lose a significant amount of weight. After they're at goal, the habit changing comes in and again, only 10% of people will manage that. It seems like a lot of people regain, but those people wouldn't have lost very much at all the traditional way.

Hi FunnyFarm, totally agree. I know four people who have done VLCDs and lost a lot of weight. Two regained and two have kept it off for 5 years now. I also know many people who have lost with WW and SW and some have regained and some have kept it off. Losing is only the beginning, keeping it off long term is the hard part. For me my weight has always been a struggle but I would rather be struggling with it at 12 stones than struggling with it at 24 stones.

Good luck to you with your journey xx

2 stones is very doable :)
believe in yourself, and you'll do it :)

Interesting thread, totally agree about maintainance not having much to do with how quickly weight falls off or which diet u have done. The whole point is learning new habits. This was my first and hopefully last VCLD. I have managed to maintain a weight of 73kg (goal was 75kg) since stopping in May. This is because I actively watch what I eat (eating normal food) and I weigh myself regularly and I move more than I used to. Good luck to everyone. Ur goals r achievable :)

I find that incredibly patronising to be perfectly honest. You clearly have no real understanding of how these diets work and what happens when someone comes off them. There are loads of people who have done SW and regained and no it's not expensive in fact for me it's a heck of a lot cheaper than WW etc. it works out at under £30 a week

It's not a starvation 'diet'. No need to put the diet in commas its a real diet not a pretend one and please don't go feeling sorry for any of us doing it. I'm quite happy with the stone or so a month I'm losing

How are we all getting on?

How is everyone getting on with their diet?
I started today and tried the Cinnamon and apple porridge. I had stop myself from being sick while eating it.
I hope the other varieties are better cos not sure I can stomach anymore of the porridge.

I'm having a shake for lunch and then either one of the meals of soup for dinner.

I have about 3 stone to lose and am only 5ft. I seem to lose weight really slowly and I know this is good, but it can be quite de-motivating.
If I lose 1/2 stone a month, I'll be happy.

How is everyone getting on with their diet?
I started today and tried the Cinnamon and apple porridge. I had stop myself from being sick while eating it.
I hope the other varieties are better cos not sure I can stomach anymore of the porridge.

I'm having a shake for lunch and then either one of the meals of soup for dinner.

I have about 3 stone to lose and am only 5ft. I seem to lose weight really slowly and I know this is good, but it can be quite de-motivating.
If I lose 1/2 stone a month, I'll be happy.

I there, welcome to Exante! Is this your first VLCD? It's the first time I've tried a meal replacement diet and am really pleased with the results. I have tried every diet under the sun and normally lost about a stone or two then grind to a halt. But Exante has been great for me. I also do the 30 day shred 6 days a week and I think the exercise has helped.

I've lost 5 stones in 16 weeks, but still have another 6 stones to go!!

Stick with it, once you have your first weigh in you will be motivated to stick with it. When is your weigh in day?

Hi all , I'm 3 days in and finding it ok to be honest! I sneakily stepped on the scales today and was shocked to see I'd lost 7lb!!! I do have a very long journey ahead but I just have to persevere this time!!! Any tips on how to make the carbonara a little tastier??

Hi Kellou, well done... Those first few days are the hardest so you're over the worst of it. I too didn't find it too hard, I think when you have a lot to lose the determination overrides the desire to cheat!

I don't like the carbonara but occassionally have if as I bought a box if 50 when I first started as didn't think it was too bad then. Since then the other meals have come out and I prefer them. When I have it I add loads if smokes paprika and that seems to balance out the saltyness. I still struggle to get the consistency right an it always explodes in the microwave!

How much are you hoping to lose?

X

Back