Lose Half My Body Weight By Year's End

miss_malone

I weighted myself this morning and I am 23 stone. My heaviest weight ever. At another time I would have been really upset about this, but today I am happy! I'm happy because it is ok that I weight 23 stone, because I will never step on the scale and see that number again. Ever.

Today I very happily start my Exante plan and I am excited! In 42 weeks on 24th December 2012 I will be 11.5 stone. And that is something to be excited about!

For the next 42 weeks I will have my 3 packs of Exante every day and drink lots of water. That's it. No worrying about what to eat, when to eat, how many calories is in anything. No food choices that I can make the wrong choice about. Simple.

I am not going to weight myself everyday, I'm not even going to weight myself every month. In fact I am only going to weight myself 3 times in the next 42 weeks; on my goal days as noted in my signature.

I have been obsessed with my weight for more than 20 years. On a traditional diet you weight yourself weekly to see how your doing, so you can adjust your plan etc. Exante, like LighterLife and Cambridge Diet, is VLCD that has you eating the same everyday. If you stick to it it is impossible not to lose weight, And you will always lose about 1 stone a month (more in the beginning, and more if you have lots to lose like me). So really, what is the point in weighting yourself?

Weighing myself weekly always turns into weighting myself daily, sometime twice daily. I then become obsessed with every fluctuation, and literally end up sabotaging my own weight lose because I start feeling like the VLCD isn't working because everytime I step on the scale it hasn't plummeted another few pounds.

This morning I was 23 stone, the next time I step on the scale on June 11th (14 weeks from now) I should be 4.5 stone lighter.

I'd ask you to wish me luck, but then that sounds like I feel I need it.

Start: 23st 5' 8" BMI 49
Goal 1 - 18.5st -11 Jun BMI 39
Goal 2 - 14.5st - 17 Sep BMI 30
Goal 3 - 11.5st - 24 Dec BMI 24

Edit: I caved on the not weighing in thing! Not sure if that's good or bad in the long run, but knowing the weight is dropping off and how I am doing is motivating me right now!

Last edited:
hiya hun.. you seem to have a solid plan... i will wish you luck as i think we all need a little bit of it now and then... You will find looking back on ya diary a real help too.. Brave lady for not weighing yaself very often.. Im a weekly weigher and dont think i could go months inbetween WI's ..I would be too curious lol xxx

m a weekly weigher and dont think i could go months inbetween WI's ..I would be too curious lol xxx

Hi Valentine - thanks so much for posting!

I just get so obsessed with the scale and end up getting upset and having expectation that if I just waited it out would come to fruition. Hence why I am going to avoid the scale!

Look forward to chatting with you on here :)

Hi Miss Malone

Soumds like a plan. It really Will happen exactly as you have planned. Just submit to the rules and you'll lose it all. Hope you had fun putting the weight on. Its even more fun watching it come off. Im only doing this for two weeks and im down 13 lbs. Im pretty happy with that. And i feel more in control of every aspect of my life because im getting my eating under control. The next few days will be hard. Theres no getting around that. But thats just the fat screaming for its life. Have no mercy. Stay strong.

Belle

Day 1 has been awesome!

I actually haven't had my last 'pack' yet as was distracted by reading the forums and then couldn't decided if I wanted a soup or a bar. I'm going with bar. Cup of tea + bar + episode of True Blood; an amazing way to end my evening!

Also, Coke Zero is fab! Definitely going to be a big help in the coming months.

I'm also rather excited about Tescos Ultra Slim Bars. It is great to know that if you are out and forget your Exante Bar that you can drop into Tesco and grab and Ultra Slim Meal Replacement bar.

So lots of great things to be happy about!

Day 1 of 294 days completed! Yeah me! A step closer to 11 stone.

Day 5 of 294!

4 full days in and the start of day 5. What a great week! Sooooooo happy to be doing this.

Got some tesco ultra slim meal bars last night and had one for breakfast - yum! I'll be having these instead of the Exante Bars.

I couldn't resist and have weighted myself - down 7lbs in 4 days. That should be my glycogen store gone and me well into ketosis.

Feeling great and very positive!

Welcome Miss Malone and I do wish you well on your journey. I love your idea of not weighing weekly and only 3 times per year- I wish I could be so determined, altho I see it was a little too tempting this week hehehehe! Take care and keep strong xx

Day 6 of 294

So pleased with myself for being at the end if day 6! And even more so for making it through a Friday and Saturday without losing the plot!

I am hoping to be a full stone down by Monday morning (I've decided I need to weight myself to keep me on track!).

My new mantra is 'thin by Christmas!'.

Well done on embarking on your journey with such a fantstic positive attitude, I wish you all the best of luck and am looking forward to December when you will achieve goal

Day 7 of 294 (287 to go!)

Wow! I'm a week in! Go me!

Enjoying the Tesco Ultra Slim Bars (very sweet though).

Enjoying the weight loss! Down a good 10lbs or more (I have old fashioned scales and its hard to read them exactly unless you are at an exact stone or half stone notch). The big weight in is tomorrow morning and really looking forward to that!

The Exante essential survival kit seems to be:

- coke zero
- boullion
- tobacco sauce in soups
- still having a splash of skimmed milk in tea

The skimmed milk doesn't affect my weight loss or ketosis (I know this from previous experience) but it keeps me sane!

It is so great to not be eating. Such a relief. I truly feel like an alcoholic who has given up drinking. Which is not far from the truth with someone like me who has a diagnosed eating disorder - I think one of the things that really made the difference to me to be able to do this was having my doctor tell me that I had an eating disorder and not just that I had no willpower or should just eat better.

I am an intelligent women who knows exactly what she should and shouldn't eat, can structure and stick to a healthy well balanced diet. Until I am upset, or stressed, or tired from a long day ... then all bets are off and I can binge until I'm almost ill. If I could have made myself sick I would be bulimic - but apparently I can get my entire hand down my throat without vomiting. So I just got very, very over weight.

I hilariously started out about 18 years ago as being what was probably anorexic - I was 11 stone and thought I was fat. I had always thought I was fat - even as a child (what I actually was was a foot taller than everyone else - not remotely fat at all!) So when I was 20 and 11 stone and size 14 - which for someone who is 5 foot 8 is perfectly health and a BMI of about 23 - I decided to start dieting. Within a few months I was 8 stone 12 lbs and existing on 800 cals a day (at most). Diet coke and marlboro was my main diet! I love food however and maintaining such a low weight was such a huge struggle - I was literally terrified of food like cheese, milk, bread etc anything with any fat in it. And that's when the binging started. Because, you know, it didn't matter if you got it out of the way in one go and then were really really 'good' for a while.

1994 - 8 st 12lbs
1995 - 10 st
1996 - 11 st
1997 - 12 st
1998 - 13 st
1999 - 14 st
2000 - 16st
2001 - 18 st
2002 - 20 st

The binging got worse, at first it was every few weeks, then I'd be okay for a while, then it was every week, then in 1999 it became a constant thing. I would have periods between 1999 and 2002 where I dieted, did well, and slower the ballooning of my weight, but binging won out in the end.

Like most addictions, it gradually got worse and eventually took over my life.

I did have a brief period of recovery between 2004 and 2007. I got down to 15 stone, was feeling great, had a baby in 2007, but after that things got very bad again. Last week I was 23 stone.

The doctor diagnosed me with binge eating disorder last year. It's taken me nearly a year to accept it - and not just feel like I'm far because I am bad, and weak, and deserve to be.

I am so happy to be doing this and feeling so positive about it and about myself. I really want to make a full recovery and put the self harming that is binge eating behind me.

If you read this - thanks do much for listening xo

Wow what a journey you have had Miss Malone, reading your honesty brought tears to my eyes. Here's to a mega first week weigh in for you. Good luck x

Yes. I have a history much like yours (but i didnt have to go to a doctor for a diagnosis - ive always known i have a problem with food - a compulsion to eat in a self destructive way). I feel "balanced" on this diet in a way i never feel while eating normally. I wasnt diagnosed with an eating disorder though. I found out i have very low vitamin D which can make you compulsively eat!!!!! How cool is that. All i needed was a sun holiday!!!

Im in week three. Wi tomorrow too.

Belle

Just want to wish you well on your journey, you're one brave lady weighing three times in the year but maybe you have revised that now?
You have a great plan and with your determination you are bound to achieve your goal. xx

All the best to you. I have just started week 2 and so far so good. It's great to read your positive outlook this journey. I look forward to hearing your progress.

Laura :)

Day 8 of 294 / Week 2 of 32 / 12lbs down!

Thanks to everyone who has read my diary thus far, and especially the lovely ladies who have posted. It is do wonderful to have this support.

One entire week done! Weigh in this morning .... 12lbs off!!!

I'm over the moon!

I actually had a WS day yesterday as WOW the monkey was totally on my back yesterday afternoon and I teetered on the edge of a binge.

A small green salad with smoked salmon, prawns, boiled egg, and a bit of mayo as dressing, totally pulled me back from the brink and I coped the rest of the day no problem.

It was low cal and low carb (ie a WS appropriate meal) and I'm def still in ketosis as not hungry at all. It wasn't hunger that was getting to me yesterday it was something that is difficult to explain - except to say that I was highly agitated and couldn't focus - jonesing big time. And once I had the salad I felt ok again.

In times past that would have given be the 'ok' to completely fall off the wagon and convince myself I had broken my diet and so could just eat whatever I wanted for the rest of the day and start again 'tomorrow'. But this time I didn't do that and didn't want to. After the salad in the late afternoon I ate nothing else and didn't even consider eating anything. I was totally 'meh' about eating. Yeah!

Last edited:
Wow what a great first week loss. Well done on getting through yesterday, onwards and downwards xx

Day 9 of 294 / Week 2 of 32 / 14lbs down!

I had another 2lb off this morning, putting me at a full stone off in 8 days. :eek:

So pleased! :D

This forum and everyone on it is such a big help and motivator. Thanks so all who have taken the time to offer advise and support xo

Just ordered a few Slim and Save samples to see what they are like. Don't the sound of the packs you have to add milk to though! But wanted to try their bars and their 'meals' as I remember on Lighter Life the Chilli and Shepards Pie were ok.

I will not be abandoning Exante though. Just like to mix it up a bit!

Joined My Fitness Pal (its super helpful that they have all the Exante products in their database) to keep a track of what I'm 'eating' everyday. This will be good on WS days (which I am planning to have every Sunday instead of doing a 'food week' every 5 weeks).

Back