Lose weight, feel great... Have a baby?

margarino

Chronic dieter!!!
Hello all,

I've been on minimins for a few years now and despite saying again and again, this is the last time, I will get to goal and I will stay there - I have not once made it to goal... And I even had my wedding as motivation to lose but still did not get to goal!

So I want to keep a diary to help me get started and keep me on track. And would love to have some support, encouragement and some well aimed kicks up the behind when I stray off the path!

Hubby and I have decided that we want to try for a baby in a few months and I desperately want to be within my healthy weight range or very close to it. I am now 13 st 2.4 lbs according to my scales at home (going to weigh in at a meeting next Wednesday) and the top of my healthy BMI is 10 st 10 lbs, which means I need to lose 2 st 6.4 lbs to get there so I'm setting this as my new goal weight for now.

I will be doing ProPoints but also following the Dukan diet because carbohydrates are my downfall and they really, genuinely are like a drug for me so I can't have them in my diet for now because I know they will definitely lead me astray - I can't just have a little, I'll want the lot!

My Dukan book should arrive by Tuesday but there are loads of sites that I can follow online so today is the day!

I want this so much but I'm scared that I'm the forever on a diet but never loses weight chick - like Cheryl on The Royale Family! All your support is much needed and appreciated!

Marge xxx

Hi Marge,

Firstly i have to say what a gorgeous picture! both your profile picture and your little picture in your signature!!

Also, secondly i too do not want to be like Cheryl!!! lol this made me chuckle!!

Carbs are a big downfall for me too, im fine with carbs that are limited i.e if i have WW bread because its so thin and not very dense im fine, if i eat normal bread....hello bloated tummy!!! wierd isnt it!!! but i know carbs are my downfall as im a savoury person would much rather sit and eat a massive bag of crisps rather than eat a bar of chocolate!! i've been in a rut a little recently with my ww so need to get myself out of it bigtime!!! last time this happened i had lost a stone and hey presto after three or four weeks of being in a rut it was all back on plus more!!! not doing that again :)

anyway here to follow you on your journey!! and what a lovely reason to do it, for a baby.

xxx

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your lovely message! And wow I am so amazed by your weight loss so far - I'll have to take a leaf out of your book :)

Thanks for your support and looking forward to following your progress as well - we will not be Cheryl's anymore!!!

xxx

Well even though I've not 'officially' started I think I've done ok today. I rushed out the house so didn't get a chance to have breakfast, but had a really healthy Harissa chicken and bulgar wheat lunch from m&s and a lovely fruit juice. Then I got tempted and had a small slice of birthday cake in the office. Got home and made some homemade popcorn to snack on - not really a big crisps eater - before going to my flamenco dance class for an hour. Then the girls and I went for a drink and I had two glasses of wine, calamari for starters and then crepes and ice-cream for dessert.... So some areas for improvement but not a total disaster :) Let's see if I can do a little better tomorrow.... Small steps to success!

Hooray - The Dukan book arrived today and it is right up my street - bright, colourful, lots of pictures and economical on the words!!! :-D I'm going to read through it today and tomorrow, go get food tomorrow and then start on Sunday. I am going back to weight watchers meetings on Wednesday so hopefully by then i might have lost a pound or five (!!!) which will mean that the gain wont be so bad...... I can do this!

Marge's Journey to Getting Healthy to Have Babies!

From my blog and a pretty good summary of my journey so far really.....:

I've dieted, lost weight, gained weight, lost weight again and gained it again! In the mean time i have found my life partner, finished my degree, started a new job, gotten married and moved house.... And now we want to start a family so its time to lose weight for the LAST time. The goal is to achieve a healthy weight before we start trying and maintain a healthy weight during and after the pregnancy.

Yay starting today using the Dukan book - gonna do 6 days of Attack (until Friday) then start Cruise as I will be away over the weekend so it will be easier if I can eat protein and veg. Going back to Weight Watchers meeting this Wednesday and hopefully with the weekly weigh in and meeting support it will help to keep me focused and on track :) I desperately wanted to be BMI 25 by my 1st wedding anniversary but that won't be happening as I would have to lose 6lbs a week to achieve that :( So I think my goal is to get to 12 stone by July 15 (which is 1st 3lbs away).....

Right let's go plan today!

xxx

Hmm maybe starting on a bank hol wasn't the best plan!! But I desperately wanted to lose some before my WW meeting on Wednesday so the gain isn't horrific :( Haven't been for a month and although I haven't regained everything I'm still disappointed that I've put back on lbs that I've already lost.... Well I've got 2 days so best get on it!! Wish me luck, I'm sick of this yoyo lark!

According to my scales i have lost 0.4 lbs. Not bad seeing as i have been following NOTHING! But still gutted that i've not tried harder to get back to what i was when i went to my last WW meeting - 12 st 10.5 lbs :( I weighed myself 4 times just to be sure, and i am 13 st 2 lbs exactly.... So a 6 lb gain.... :sigh:

That's me drawing a line under it :D

And now, onwards and downwards.... And i think it will have to be Dukan because i cannot be trusted with carbs, so i am going to ask to have my diary moved over to the Dukan Diaries and wish you ladies lots of success with Weight Watchers xxx

Have just weighed myself again and i can feel the motivating going up a notch.... 13 st 1.2 lbs :)

So Day 1 so far has been:

Breakfast: 3 slices of roast turkey ham
Snack: 4 seafood sticks
Lunch: just cooking a salmon steak with lemon and ginger for flavour

Then later i plan to have oat-bran porridge if i get hungry again and meatballs for dinner.

Just booked in Zumba for tonight, gonna start doing it twice a week - Monday's and Wednesday's - so my week is gonna look like:

Monday - Zumba
Tuesday - Pamper evening for me
Wednesday - Zumba and Belly dancing
Thursday - Flamenco
Friday - Personal training

Then on weekends hoping to get back into bike riding as soon as the weather sorts itself out!!

Back