1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Janine 40, 19 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Janine 40

Janine 40 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hello peeps.

Needing to motivate my reasons for the Plan as i did not "Get rid of" any weight this week!! I asked myself this morning after i put in my message for the "Octobers flab fight challenge" why we use the word "Lose" to define our weight loss.

I was thinking, when i lost my £15.00 scarf in June, (yes i remember the month) i was mortified. The word lose is associated to a loss. Well i am happy to lose 2lb of FAT but not my precious scarf, (i am still mourning it, LOL), i feel like i am giving my brain mixed messages!!

Do you get what i am saying "happy to lose" a lb, "sad to lose" a scarf and believe you and me when i lost that scarf i was nearly crying. (Sorry to go on about the scarf but i have never paid £15 quid for a scarf and it was my second time wearing it, it was a fancy one, not like a winter one, from Miss Selfridge.) I retraced my journey 4 times and still eye up scarfs worn by others to this day to see if i can see her, my beloved scarf!! Don't laugh now!!

So my affirmation for this week is "Get rid of" Not "Lose".

I feel better already!!

Any other negatives out there we can change to a positive to cheery up the week ahead!!

Lots of love.

J. xx
    Last edited: 19 October 2010
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.