Losing 100lbs

SoonToBeGorgeous

Loving the Cambridge Diet
There is something very special about hitting that magic number of 100lbs lost.

I managed this last Tuesday.

It is quite an amazing feeling - yes quite an achievement too.

Now it feels like I am really on my way on the downward slope.

For anyone new to any diet with over 100lbs to lose, we know that it can look very daunting at the start.

For me, with 11 stones to lose, it was easier for me to look at the pounds rather than the stones!

It still is.

When I get to the stage of getting tired of the diet, or wanting to give up, I think about the weight I have lost and how far I have come in just 6 months - and that enables me to carry on.

Keep on the road folks, there is a happy ending to it :)

Congratulations and very well done SoonToBeGorgeous!!!

Down 100 pounds is a fantastic achievement!!!

congrats022.gif

Love Mini xxx

You really are an inspiration to me! VERY WELL DONE on your fantastic achievement.

can you tell us about the things that have changed for you since loosing 7st? I.e how many compliments you get, what you can do now that you couldnt before etc etc..

What an outstanding example of determination. WELL DONE!!! You are fantastic!

Thanks everybody!

I have been out this afternoon and saw someone I knew, albeit not well.

He walked past me. So I said "hello are you not going to talk to me today?"
He hadn't recognised me!!!

My GP's face was a picture when I saw him last week.

I can run upstairs now when I could barely walk up before - I am wracked with RA.

Have just taken another binbag full of clothes to the charity shop - that makes 7 in the last four months and still have more to go.

I started out a size 28 and am now an 18.

It is startling going into any shop and seeing the array of clothes instead of having just three shops to choose from - that is the best part about it.

My necklaces hang better - my clothes look better - I feel better.

After five stones I found the love of my life too.

Have a lot to look forward to in 2008

What a great journey Ann....

I hope to meet my man one day lol....er hem will meet!!!

Gillx

Well done!!!!!

I hadn't thought about the necklaces! It always bugs me that I have to change to longer chains than those average ones you get. Thats something else to look forward to!

The 18" chains were always too short and I used extenders on all of them.

Now they are really loose on me!!

My wrists needed an 8" bracelet - now my wrists are just under 6 1/2 inches and ordinary bracelets fit me.

My rings are too big for me - am going to have to have them resized. I had gone up to a T and sometimes a U. Am down to an R and will end up back at a Q. Don't suppose I will get back to a size P but will just have to wait and see.

12" has gone from my waist - so the long belts I bought in the sales in Evans are now miles too big for me and look daft hanging down to my knees! Discovered that last Wednesday when I wore one of them. Had stopped wearing belts because I felt I looked ridiculous in them.

My boots are too big for me.

Daft things, I know!!

Well done STBG ;) amazing acheivement!

How have you RA symptoms changed? Do you think they will change further?

Love Leah xxx

The weight does not affect the RA unfortunately, nothing can do that. RA is caused by the body attacking itself. I am some hefty medication to try to control it.

It stops me from doing a lot of exercise, so I do swimming, aqua-aerobics and some pilates.

Well done - I think you need to change you name to "Am Georgeous".....the "soon to be...." is now in the past...real inspiration.....I had a target of 100llbs....lost 65llbs and got preggers...managing to maintain well....and looking forward to being at target by Christmas 08! (have my Size 10 levis in the wardrobe ready to wear!!!!)

Big hugs!!!

Thank you very much!

I have been away to Inverness. Now at my boyfriend's house in Cumbria, going home on Sunday.

logcabin.jpg

resized.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking at your slide show and you look so much younger now with your weight off...your glowing.

Well done on being so focused!

Love Mini xxx

Back