Losing 24lbs! CRUISE PHASE

sunnyrae

Silver Member
So I am completely new to any low carb diets.

I read up on a few articles about it recently and it looks fab (hopefully I will find it to be just that) I bought the book earlier online for just £2.54 new and should be delivered soon so I can read up properly.

But I am starting today anyways as I am fed up of my clothes getting tighter and tighter and feeling like a real chubster.

The true weight I was given was 126 lbs so that's what I shall go for.

Last edited:
WEEK 1

Day 1

Today has been really easy, apart from the odd time I caught myself lingering over a chocolate biscuit I was fine.

I haven't been hungry all day and have filled myself with smoked salmon muffins (wheatbran) chicken drumsticks, ham, cottage cheese and fromage frais.

Also plenty of water nearly 3L to be precise and for me that is a massive amount!!

Going to relax for evening now :)

Hi and good luck. Go easy on the ham and smoked salmon. As they are salty they may slow down your weight loss drink plenty to flush the salts out xxx but every ones different some can eat it without any stalls etc but its just something to keep in mind if your not happy with your weight loss xx

Day 2 -1.8lbs

Wasnt expecting as good a loss as that. Probably down to water weight but still nice to see the scales moving in the right direction!!

For breakfast i've has scrambled egg with my oatbran. Got a busy morning helping locally doing gardening.

There was so much cake on offer today carrot cake, lemon cake, fruit cake, ginger cake, roulade, lots of different cupcakes, biscuits why do people always decide to bake when i go on a diet :s i was so tempted and they were out all morning!! But i managed to stay clear of them someone even tried to palm some off to me to take home with me but some how i was able to politely refuse. Quite proud of myself really.

I came home and had lunch cottage cheese ham roll ups with greek yogurt and vanilla flavouring.

For tea i had chicken with a curry sause using yogurt and i had to try my hand at making a dessert after declining those delicious evil things earlier... So i tried a custard recipe i had found online and the result... Erm well no way near sweet enough and i dont like creme caramel or anything of that consistancy which it was i think i was after a more english custard you have with apple pie mmmm sort of thing.

Well it's not even 6 and i dont want to have anything else tonight again a day gone where i havent been hungry at all.

Lets see what the scales show tomorrow...

Last edited:
phase 1

Day 3 - 2.2lbs

another good loss very pleased woohoo

so today i woke up early with stomach cramps and decided to make breakfast and taks it back to bed. turkey rashers and a fried egg (dry fried) felt like a treat even though it was meager compared to what i would normally have for a cooked breakfast.

Lunch was a salmon fillet so good.

i had my oat bran in the form of a ginger cookie this afternoon will absolutely be trying that again

I surprised at the amount of yogurt i am getting through and have seen a thread on making your own yogurt in a slow cooker i just need to get some UHTmilk and some milk powder on my next shop and i will absolutely give it a go.

I would love to try making some soya yogurt as well as its always so expensive and not everywhere sells it.

Im not expecting a loss tomorrow after two great losses therefore i wont be disappointed.

Last edited:
Sunny your doing great, well done on refusing cake, it shows your commited to loosing weight and your heads in the right place. Great to see the lbs drop off xxx Have a look on our recipie thread for the custard ......its sweet and mummy xxx

thanks siddd your losses have been amazing very motivational for me. i will check that recipe out

I so want to lose weight i wish i could bottle up this feeling and take a swig every time my motivation was lacking!!!!

Day 4 -0.6lbs

Another loss I'm loving this! Felt really Good today even on just three and a half hours sleep. I've not felt hungry once or craved anything. Not sure if this because I'm in ketosis but that would make sense.

Made a big chocolate cake for the family earlier and didn't eat a bit not even a luck of the spoon. Had no desire to. It's very strange and completely unlike my usual self but i am not complaining!

Had no breakfast today didn't get chance.had Tina and cottage cheese for lunch and some leftover minced beef and a piece of salmon quite a concoction over the day hehe. Attempted to make yoghurt last night was disastrous will try again in a few days once I've been shopping.

Bit worried an going to a friends house for tea tomorrow it's been planned for a while she said she is doing chicken tikka so it's not likea buffet i can just pick food without carbs and it's likely to take me out of ketosis. Hopefully won't take more than a few days to get back in but those first few days are so difficult with cravings. I think i will try not to eat anything other than my tea tomorrow. I will have to have desert too. I haven't told anyone I'm on a diet except OH as people always say you don't need to be doing that etc. I know I'm not fart our anything but it's the last thing anyone needs to hear that's on a diet!

Expecting to stay the same weight wise tomorrow.

lol I am immature loving the Fart look xxx

day 5 - 1lb

cant believe another loss wow yay! well today i managed to eat nothing aprt from my tea at a friends had dessert and a glass of wine i certainly didnt feel like i indulged i ate as little as i could get away with but that did include bread and rice and i feel almost certain that will have taken me out of ketosis. such a shame because i have been enjoying not feeling hungry so much.

so tomorrow morning i expect a little gain will probably be water weight from the carbs and wine.

lets see...

Day 6 -0.6lbs

Was not expecting that loss today at all!! Really hope i am still in ketosis i suppose i will find out throughout the day.

My dukan book should come today hopefully!! Cant wait to give it a good read

Well it hasnt come yet doh maybe tomorrow.

Today i have felt so sleepy not hungry at all but i fell asleep on a couple of occasions. So i decided to start cruise phase today had chicken and cabbage and onions for tea. Was yum. I read that when you first reintroduce vegetables to your diet you can gain a little water weight. So i wont be disappointed if theres a gain on the scales tomorrow.

Last edited:
Day 7 +0.4lbs

Well i had a little gain today maybe it was the meal i had at a frends the night before catching up or maybe it was just as a result of going onto cruise phase. Anyways it's not enough to knock me after the week i've had.

My dukan book came today hopefully will get chance to have a look at it later :)

I'm new to the Dukan Diet too. The book is amazing, though, and really sets out the science and nutrition behind the diet. I'm also a fan of the recipes.
This is the first time that I've ever gone on an official and proper "diet," but whenever I try to eat healthier, I just tend to crave bad foods. Like you, I'm not even hungry throughout the day! How long will your attack phase be?

day 8 +0.8lbs

wasnt expecting a gain yesterday not too sure why the last couple of days have been gains at all. maybe i am doing something woeng i am going to read up on cruise phase now to see. my loss for my first week is 5 lbs not bad at all :)

So far have eaten ham roll ups for breakfast,

Lunch was chicken and asparagus,

Snacked on seafood sticks and fat free greek yogurt.

Really craving cake or something but I've already had my oatbran allowance I dont know why but today has been the hardest so far!

Last edited:
Back