Losing as i climb the steps

Rkmriddell said:
Glad you're doing ok. Are you still on step 3? X

What plan am I doing - good question

Well I'm averaging between 1000-1200 calories
I have started eating beef- love red meat! And that's not on the plan. Generally stick to the plan - the extras rhat bring it to 1200 is fruit and mAybe a bigger portion of meat!

Having two carb portion a day
- shredded wheat and one of rice/pasta / potato/ wholegrain cracker bread

Have stewed fruit and Fat free natural youhurt as treat 2-3 times a week

fireloss said:
What plan am I doing - good question

Well I'm averaging between 1000-1200 calories
I have started eating beef- love red meat! And that's not on the plan. Generally stick to the plan - the extras rhat bring it to 1200 is fruit and mAybe a bigger portion of meat!

Having two carb portion a day
- shredded wheat and one of rice/pasta / potato/ wholegrain cracker bread

Have stewed fruit and Fat free natural youhurt as treat 2-3 times a week

How has that affected your losses? Or hasn't it? I'm trying to work out whether the steps are more about calories or carbs. Especially as step four gives free choice for evening meal even though it tells to be sensible. The shakes just seem such a waste of the calories now does that make sense? Are you still having two? X

Rkmriddell said:
How has that affected your losses? Or hasn't it? I'm trying to work out whether the steps are more about calories or carbs. Especially as step four gives free choice for evening meal even though it tells to be sensible. The shakes just seem such a waste of the calories now does that make sense? Are you still having two? X

Well my loses have slowed down - nothing last weeek and think it was just 1 for the 2 weeks previous buy I could be wrong.
I'm going by the principle of calories but good ones as in healthy food plus two carb portion but an extra potato had creeped on to my plate every now and then !! I've also started excercis- so could be gaining muscle which is toning I guess which= inch loss I think!

I'm only having 1 cd a day now as I could not fit in two And I know what u mean it'd feels a waste having it but in my head it's one meal say lunch and I can have 2 other meals and snacks then too

My appettite has defintaely dramatically decreased from before cd.

How's it going for you? Are you enjoying eating again?

fireloss said:
Well my loses have slowed down - nothing last weeek and think it was just 1 for the 2 weeks previous buy I could be wrong.
I'm going by the principle of calories but good ones as in healthy food plus two carb portion but an extra potato had creeped on to my plate every now and then !! I've also started excercis- so could be gaining muscle which is toning I guess which= inch loss I think!

I'm only having 1 cd a day now as I could not fit in two And I know what u mean it'd feels a waste having it but in my head it's one meal say lunch and I can have 2 other meals and snacks then too

My appettite has defintaely dramatically decreased from before cd.

How's it going for you? Are you enjoying eating again?

Yeah I'm enjoying eating but am eager to get on with 'normal life' again. Not that I mean how I was before but without having to think about the shakes and stuff. My appetite is still a bit random I didn't finish dinner last night but did the day before? I'm working on listening to my body rather than my head though. But I don't find the shakes filling so I think moving off them and on to a better lunch would make it easier. Going with step three as it says anyway and will see how I get on with WI on Monday. Am not holding my breath though. Time will tell x

Rkmriddell said:
Yeah I'm enjoying eating but am eager to get on with 'normal life' again. Not that I mean how I was before but without having to think about the shakes and stuff. My appetite is still a bit random I didn't finish dinner last night but did the day before? I'm working on listening to my body rather than my head though. But I don't find the shakes filling so I think moving off them and on to a better lunch would make it easier. Going with step three as it says anyway and will see how I get on with WI on Monday. Am not holding my breath though. Time will tell x

I know the getting back to normal feeling- I feel I'm there as I have breakie and dinner and often have fruit at lunch
I found when I started eating on 1000 I was getting hungary but now that has sorted itself out and I'm not as hungry anymore

Yes I'm doing the head think too and not give in straight away if I think I'm Hungry - often a nice cup of tea does me just fine
Fingers crossed for WI

fireloss said:
I know the getting back to normal feeling- I feel I'm there as I have breakie and dinner and often have fruit at lunch
I found when I started eating on 1000 I was getting hungary but now that has sorted itself out and I'm not as hungry anymore

Yes I'm doing the head think too and not give in straight away if I think I'm Hungry - often a nice cup of tea does me just fine
Fingers crossed for WI

Ah yes. Tea had become a new friend of mine this time lol x

Well have not posted for a while

Scales did Not move for a while but I felt if I kept going a drop wud come again well it did and I have now lost 2 st 12 pounds so another 4 gone yipee

Still doing 30 day shred on level 2 now and def feel more toned

Onwards and downwards!!!

fireloss said:
Well have not posted for a while

Scales did Not move for a while but I felt if I kept going a drop wud come again well it did and I have now lost 2 st 12 pounds so another 4 gone yipee

Still doing 30 day shred on level 2 now and def feel more toned

Onwards and downwards!!!

Well done x keep it up x

Well done Fireloss - it's good to know that you can lose weight and go up the steps. Do you feel better now that you are eating and exercising? I always feel a little weird on SS.

Daisy65 said:
Well done Fireloss - it's good to know that you can lose weight and go up the steps. Do you feel better now that you are eating and exercising? I always feel a little weird on SS.

Thanks and yes for me there is comfort knowing I can lose weight and eat
Having done cd before I did ss for a few weeks for a particular occassion so never did the steps and so weight came back on

This time I decided I would do a few weeks on ss and move up and lose the rest slowly and well it's working so I'm over the moon

And yes I feel amazing excercising and eating healthy- my food has nit really changed from previous posts

I'm impressed with how long ur on ss- well done on ur willpower - you have done soooo well.

I understand that weird or funny feeling but it sure works
How long more ate u doing ss for

Fireloss - congratulations - 3 stones is great - and you're in control of your eating which is the key to long term success.. How much do you want to lose?

I'm back again- after my holls

My weight loss before my holls was 3 st 2 pounds and after over 2 weeks away I put on 6.
I ate bread and deserts etc every day and am so chuffed that the gain is so small

I guess working up the steps works

Back at it now again since yesterday- doing the 1000 plan but probably without carb portion in evening and having other fruit/ protein instead.

My goal is to have lost the 6 by end of aug

Onwards and downwards!!

Welcome back! I agree that 6lbs is a good result - you could have put that much on even if you had been on a normal low cal diet before so you must have already replenished our glycogen stores before you left. I have been reluctant to introduce food but my cdc has forbidden me from carrying on with SS when I get below 11 stones (6lbs away). I should be moving up the steps by the end of the month.

Back