Losing but not shrinking!

Mini_Mog

Silver Member
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a pick me up and a bit of reassurance really. I've now lost 1st 10lbs and I've still not gone down a size in jeans. Size 16's are too big and 14s won't go over my hips! Argh! I know I probably sound a bit silly but I feel really fed up and downheartened after trying the 14s on again. And the 16s are looking rather on the baggy side!

Granted I think I was more an 18 when I started and still stuffing myself into clothes too small, but surely I should be getting smaller. I've definately lost inches, just don't get it!

Is anyone else not shrinking?

I've lost about the same as you hun, and i'm the same - still in an 18 jean. It will come, but I think it's about shape change as well as weight loss. I've been doing lots of zumba and my legs are getting quite muscley!

AnnaR said:
I've lost about the same as you hun, and i'm the same - still in an 18 jean. It will come, but I think it's about shape change as well as weight loss. I've been doing lots of zumba and my legs are getting quite muscley!

Thank you:) glad it's not just me!

I'm determined to keep going, in the past something like this would have ended in me raiding the fridge/cupboards, but not this time:)

Ive only really noticed a real change in my body shape over the last week, I fitted into a pair of long shorts today that I brought in 2009 but never fitted into before.

Glad I am not the only one. :)
I went clothes shopping yesterday, thinking I must be a 14 as I have lost weight, but no def still 16's!:mad:
Seems to have slipped on to my middle I reckon:confused:
Chin up, we will get there, just not sure when;)

Dont worry too much about dress sizes cos they can vary soooo much even within the same shop. Other day i ordered some skinny jeans and baggy boyfriend jeans from next both in a 14. The skinnies were hanging off me but i couldnt even do the baggy ones up!

This is my second time around with SW and I have noticed the same. However, I think it's down to the fact that I refused to go up a dress size again, so technically I've still been wearing my smaller sized clothes the whole time, even with the weight gain. I have noticed some of them feeling slacker, but no big jump down to another size, yet... I am determined it will happen!!! x

Thanks girls:)

I do wish all shops did odd jeans sizes. The difference between 14 & 16 seems like quite a lot. I have seen odd sizes years ago in h&m but I'll definately be looking for them next time I go to asda!!

OMG same hereeee! Its sooo frustratingggg I feel like all my efforts are wasted :mad:

Hiya i understand ur frustration it took me 4 stone before i noticed n i felt like givin up but glad i didnt i finally noticed n now its comin off thick n fast n lost 5st2.5lb now remember it comes from around ur insides first....so i was told lol dnt bank me on that one tho! But stick with it honestly ull see a difference soon i was a 22 when i started and now im startin to fit in 14 in tops :) good luck x

I hope it is going from around my organs, liver etc, that's the main reason I'm here, doing the plan, because I want to be the healthy & happy mummy my little girl deserves:) looking better is the happiness part, there's no way I'm giving up:)

People have started to notice my weightloss now:)

When I started, I came back to sw on a whim as I was sat on the sofa, moping about my weight and thinking about sw & that I needed to sort it all out and I decided to go to class the next evening:)

Well u seem to have the focus and determination, and the right frame of mind :) you'll do it :) good luck with the rest of your journey! Stick with it, its bloody frustrating i know from personal experience but the feeling when you get over that hurdle is amazing! :) lots of luck X

lauratrev said:
Well u seem to have the focus and determination, and the right frame of mind :) you'll do it :) good luck with the rest of your journey! Stick with it, its bloody frustrating i know from personal experience but the feeling when you get over that hurdle is amazing! :) lots of luck X

I'm really committed, I think the challenge for me will be maintaining the loss once I reach target, I've been there before and gained 6 stone back over 5 years and a pregnancy:/ i never want to end up on that cycle of my weight yo-yoing up and down again. I think the big difference this time is that it's a lifestyle change and I'm looking at food optimising as being permanent, rather than a temporary diet:)

No your not alone ive lost 2st 2.5 lbs and still havent gone down a dress size. im hoping once lose 3 stone ill be down from a 16 to 14. If there was a size 15 it would probably fit me perfect lol :D

you know what i noticed? when the weight comes off its like an over night thing for sizes. the weight shows on scales but feels like for myself it took ages to get out of that next size clothing. then i went to try some new size 16s in shop thinking id give myself a little motivation. i went from 20-22 and trying on a brand new pair of 16s they fit. as daft as it sound trying a new pair on is better than the old ones you have in your closet cos you dont know if they have shrunk in was or anything. so id advise you to give that a try then if they are still a little tight buy them anyways its a great motivation. ive just bough a 14 they are too tight to be comfortable BUT i can do them up yay lol x

One of the girls at my group (who is now our consultant) said she wasnt changing dress sizes, but had lost 2-3 stone, then, what seemed overnight, she just dropped. She has now lost 5 stone and looks great. Keep at it guys. Also try different shops, some shops might be on the small side in clothes and the jeans could be more a size 12 than a 14. Good luck xx

I've lost 1 1/2 stone on SW so far, and I'm still in the size 18s I started in... except, now they actually fit me, given that I was actually a size 20 :rolleyes:

Most of the things I've worn while I've been first a 22 (before I lost some weight on Rosemary Conley), and then a 20, have actually been size 18 - just in stretchy fabrics and no tailored stuff. It's amazing how you can "fool" yourself that a stretchy skirt fits fine.

I suspect that for some of us, we don't see much of a size change for the first couple of stone because we're dropping a dress size or two to fit into the size that we currently wear :eek:

It does vary from person to person, but also from shop to shop. I lost just over a stone before I managed to get in the next size down but even then it was only the odd garment. For instance I have about 10 suits from when I was 2stone lighter than when I started the diet. All the suits are from next. I can fit into 2-3 of them comfortably but the rest are pulling on the jacket or a bit tight on the trousers, however I also have a few pairs of trousers from next and my starting size feels really saggy on my butt but the size down is not a comfortable fit, so it's like I'm really in between.

My mums also been doing SW with me and she's the same. I bought her a lovely pair of linen trousers for mothers day. She's lost 1 stone 6lbs, her original size too big but the size down a little tight, again she's in between.

It really doesn't help that in the same shop they can have bought clothes from different manufacturers with completely different sizing standards! Womens clothes needs to be more defined like mens are, for eg they have their sizes as the inches like 30 inch, 32 inch etc.

Back