Step 1 Sole Source Losing half of myself 55/141lbs

oooo apprika quorn sounds nice was it tasty? Not a mushroom fan so can't offer advice on how better to have it. Funny hubby got paid today and ive just bought some lovely lean rib eye steaks, just waiting for my new lean mean fat grilling machine to arrive now haha.

Day 30

I've been craving steak since day 1, ahhhh come on payday!

Tonighs delight is quorn, spring onion, mushroom with chinese 5 spice. Hoping it will be like a mini stir fry, wish I had a green pepper in.

I have lost the same amount of weight that my 22 month weighs! And I struggle to carry her after a while!

Day 30

I've been craving steak since day 1, ahhhh come on payday!

Tonighs delight is quorn, spring onion, mushroom with chinese 5 spice. Hoping it will be like a mini stir fry, wish I had a green pepper in.

I have lost the same amount of weight that my 22 month weighs! And I struggle to carry her after a while!

Hi Hun, sounds nice! I green salad with cottage cheese and balsamic which was lush! Looking forward to an omelette tomorrow! Let us know how the stir fry is Hun x

Day 31

I didn't have any 5 spice so I used carry powder, tasted like curry lol. It was nice :)

Today I went out for my mum's birthday. Had a bit more than allowance bit all on plan. I had grilled cajun chicken starter with some leafs, then beef salad for main, washed down with a very posh bottle of water :) back to weighed quorn and spinach tomorrow.

Will post my first reason when I get my little notebook. Been busy doing college work this evening, almost done!

#1 To shop in 'normal' clothes shops

I started out as a UK size 22on top and 24 on bottom - and most shops go up to a 20 so where I can shop has been very limited! I'm sick of going to Meadowhall and only knowing I can get clothes from 3 shops - Evans, New Look and Yours.

Before Christmas I bought a top/dress from Primark that I couldn't breathe in, 3 weeks ago it was wearable but restricting, yesterday there was room to spare!

Soon ill be able to shop anywhere, even if it is the largest size I have to buy (for now!)

I LOVE it Kimbowee what a lovely first reason and well its probably one of the biggest psychological barriers too

#1 To shop in 'normal' clothes shops

I started out as a UK size 22on top and 24 on bottom - and most shops go up to a 20 so where I can shop has been very limited! I'm sick of going to Meadowhall and only knowing I can get clothes from 3 shops - Evans, New Look and Yours.

Before Christmas I bought a top/dress from Primark that I couldn't breathe in, 3 weeks ago it was wearable but restricting, yesterday there was room to spare!

Soon ill be able to shop anywhere, even if it is the largest size I have to buy (for now!)

Hi Hun , this is a great reason 1 I have loved the variety of not having to shop in only limited shops that I did for years and dreaded having to make do when I had a special occasion! Keep it up Hun you will be able to shop till you drop in any shops soon! X

I cannot wait!

I have a dinner dance to go to at the start of May so I will be needing a dress. No idea if its black tie or just dress to impress, either way ill be halfway there (hopefully) and able to go into most shops and get something off the hanger.

Day 32

Another day almost done and dusted.

Reason #2 - To sit comfortably in cinema seats.

I love going to the cinema, but the seats are so uncomfortable! The arms dig into my thighs and I can't sit still long so I'm always wriggling about. I would go more of it wasn't so bum numbing!

I'm going on Thursday to see Les Mis with my mum, my worry is resisting the popcorn! Looking forward to having more room over the coming months :)

Day 33

Really worried about my dad coming up this weekend. I dont know what to make or whether to go out. Trying to view the local restaurant menus online to see where would be cd friendly

Day 33

Really worried about my dad coming up this weekend. I dont know what to make or whether to go out. Trying to view the local restaurant menus online to see where would be cd friendly

Hi Hun I have been to the harvester where I could choose my salad and ordered a grilled chicken breast! I also took with me some pickled red cabbage and did not feel I had missed out! They were really nice and I phoned prior to say was on a diet from doctor and could they make my soup which they did! Really impressed!

Take care Hun x

A lot of restaurants are pretty ok with doing carb free options. My sis took me out for my bday last yr to this fancy place and i asked for extra dark green veg instead of thep otatoes and they asked why, i said i was doing a v low carb diet and they gave me an extra piece of meat instead :)

All places I've been to have been accomodating so far.

I've decided to cook so I can get away with a salad and I'm going to have an Indian takeaway (on plan) on Thursday after the cinema.

Going to have my tetra and head go bed. Been feeling very run down the last few days x

Reason #3

Plus size clothes are expensive!

I've been looking online for a dress to wear to this do in May and have seen some lovely ones in New Look that should fit me at a 16/18 which I'll hope ill be. They are so cheap!! £20 for a going out dress! The last top I bought from Yours cost me £24! I cannot wait to have a cheap large wardrobe of smaller size clothes :)

Day 34

2l and a bar down so far. Just about to have my 2nd then its off on the school run, in the snow!

I would like to try running I may invest in some trainers on Thursday and get doing couch to 5k. I have a forest close by but it would have to be daytime as it doesn't have street lamps! Defo going to give it a go!

Nothing else to report. I'll put #4 on later when I get the chance to browse x

Reason #4

To prevent obese related illnesses (Diabetes, Heart Disease, Cancer)

Probably my 'deep' reason, best get it out the way early! I don't want to be ill, or be a burdan to anyone. I'm lucky that I have got away with nothing but a bit of an achey back after a busy day. So knocking this on the head before anything does happen :)

Day 34

2l and a bar down so far. Just about to have my 2nd then its off on the school run, in the snow!

I would like to try running I may invest in some trainers on Thursday and get doing couch to 5k. I have a forest close by but it would have to be daytime as it doesn't have street lamps! Defo going to give it a go!

Nothing else to report. I'll put #4 on later when I get the chance to browse x

Hi Hun you are doing fab! Loving the reasons to lose weight looking forward to you next update x

Day 35
THIRTY FIVE!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to reach the 40s, my first few days seem ages ago!

Weigh in at 10am tomorrow. Also have a meeting at 11.30 with my voluntary supervisor so I will try update inbetween appointments.

My scales are sitting at 18 st 0.5lbs so hopefully ill get into the 17s tomorrow as mine weigh me heavier than my consultants. Fingers crossed!

And I'm extra happy today as my Kindle broke yesterday and Amazon had a new one delivered in less than 24 hours. Can't wait to get reading again, it will take my mind off food!

I have also downloaded Couch 2 5k, just trainers to buy and ill give it a go this weekend, I'm excited to try it.

Last edited:
Im sure youll be in the 17s tomorrow :) Your reasons for losing the weight are fantastic, just keep focused on those 4 reasons and you will fly through the journey. Well done on losing 23lbs in 4 weeks that is a fantastic loss. Take care and enjoy reading books on your new kindle! That was fast delivery!

Back