Losing Lbs and gaining ££££!

jojo76

One brilliant side affect of this diet is my bank balance! I realised how much money I was wasting on food and booze. Lunch time at work is a biggy, and previously I would be getting nice deli sandwiches, crisps and drinks and it really adds up over the week in cost. Add that to a bottle of wine here and there, takeaway etc I have loads of dosh to spare!

I am being good and shoving some into savings but did treat myself yesterday. I thought I went a bit bonkers but I deserve it :)

I got some Soap & Glory goodies - currently 3 for 2 at Boots, some Max Factor lip gloss, nail varnish and eyeliner, also on 3 for 2. Then I really splashed out on the Urban Decay Naked palette that i have wanted for ages but never bought. It's £36 and as I hardly ever bothered with make up (cos I felt so crap and ugly) I didn't see the point! So glad I did though, it's soooooo lovely and the eyeshadows are so smooth and easy to blend.

I have started to wear make up everyday again and feel so much better. Everything I had was old though and probably unhygienic so I threw most of it out. I now have spare cash to replace it and also be a bit more adventurous with what I buy.

I felt fab last night when me and Hubby went out for a few drinks (sparkling water for me :D). He was like 'WOW, you look stunning' :D:D:D:D. And I got compliments from others when we were out too. No one on the weight loss yet, just saying I looked nice. It put a smile on my face and a spring in my step.

This diet is brilliant!!

Such a great attitude, and so true. I agree the amount of money I was wasting is really huge. Now I m spending 100 a month plus some coke zero and strawberry water, I reckon 110 a month max. I probably went through that in a week on hideous take aways and booze.
SO we are in a win-win situation now, getting smaller and able to splurge on those little things to make us feel better. I have booked a fab facial for the end of my first four weeks - GUINOT one that uses electrodes and things, it is meant to help lift sagging skin and the reviews are excellent. I reckon the amount of money I am saving I could almost have one a week.

I am tempted to go to Boots and look at the palette you have bought, it sounds fantastic.
Well done for treating yourself, it really is much mor satisfying than treating yourself through food - isnt it?
J

oh thanks Jojo, I am going to investigate those thanks for the links, I normally love Mac and Lancome shadow, I buy them then dont wear them. Although this week have made up a little mkeup bag for work, and have worn makeup all week too.

Same here. my favourite pass time is shopping, I don't want to buy clothes for a few months so treated myself to creams and shower gels in town today! Was in Edinburgh for the day on Wednesday and I had had a good first weigh in, so as a treat I bought a set of three Moschino make up bags in the sales - very nice!

The make up looks lush, might investigate that myself! Xx

It really is impressive how much money you save isn't it!? Everytime I was out and about I would stop off at either starbucks or costa for a caramel latté or 2....At £3.50 a pop its not cheap! I also find Im saving on the weekly shop, buying bits for work at night....The odd takeaway etc, with a wedding to pay for - Im not complaining!! :D

Back