Losing my hair as well as the weight. Advice needed x

mrschatterbox

2012..my year2b a size 10
Hi guys n girlies...
I was wondering if anyone else is loosing their hair? I am really upset about mine falling out so much... People have started to notice too. My hair is really long (bum length) and was very thick and full of volume but since starting the diet its less than half :cry: I asked my CDC, who confirmed that it most likely is down to the diet. She suggested hair supplements. Has anyone used any? Can anyone recommend any? Please??? Am feeling really down about it :(

The exact same happened to me on Lighterlife after I finished it. It was very noticeable and my hair was very fine to begin with.

But - dont panic! It came back on its own and my hair is totally back to normal now. I did invest in Nourkin hair tablets and they really helped. I got mine from ebay (not the offical site as they are quite expensive)

The important thing is that its not permanent and it will come back. It happened to me on LL when id reached my goal weight. So dont worry yourself too much xxxx

Same for me after 4 months of Cambridge. I am now having anti-hair loss capsules from Klorane. It has cinchona extract, plant extracts, vitamins and minerals. Have to take it for 3 months as it takes time before you can see it working. And use a really gentle shampoo, I use the oat one from Klorane.

Hello! My manager at work is also on CD doing soul source and is having the same problem. I asked my CDC about it as hers isn't too good on the advice front. My CDC said to step up to at least SS+ or 810 if you can (810 would be a better option) and get some good quality multi vitamins and some skin hair and nails tablets, and there was another one she said to take but I can't think of the name off the top of my head. She said to do a higher plan for a few weeks and it should sort the hair loss problem out. Hope this helps :)

Th

The important thing is that its not permanent and it will come back. It happened to me on LL when id reached my goal weight. So dont worry yourself too much xxxx

Thanks hon. I'm about 4 months into it right now and have only really started noticing it over the last few weeks. Am prob going to need another 3 months on ss, so does that mean i'd loose more???:confused: Also i'm extremely cautious about buying pills online...not heard of the brand is it totally safe?

Same for me after 4 months of Cambridge. I am now having anti-hair loss capsules from Klorane. It has cinchona extract, plant extracts, vitamins and minerals. Have to take it for 3 months as it takes time before you can see it working. And use a really gentle shampoo, I use the oat one from Klorane.
Aaaah thank you for this information, i will look into both capuls mentioned. Very much appreciated :)

Hello! My manager at work is also on CD doing soul source and is having the same problem. I asked my CDC about it as hers isn't too good on the advice front. My CDC said to step up to at least SS+ or 810 if you can (810 would be a better option) and get some good quality multi vitamins and some skin hair and nails tablets, and there was another one she said to take but I can't think of the name off the top of my head. She said to do a higher plan for a few weeks and it should sort the hair loss problem out. Hope this helps :)
Hey honey..How u doing?
I reallllllllllllllllllllly don't want to move from ss because i know if i do introduce a meal i will then want more and more and before i know it i'd have emptied out the kitchen cupboards lol. Of course though, if these tabs don't work it would either be next plan or come off cd completely. Could u ask ur manager what tablets she was adviced please hon. Inbox me on fb xxx

Omg I didn't realise it was you haha!!!! I didn't read who posted it! She went to holland and Barrett and got the skin hair and nails formula and I'll find out what the other one is when I see her on Monday xx

So did you not do your compulsory 810 week after 12 weeks then?

I got hairloss after I did LL for 5 months - actually - it was worse when I stopped as the regrowth made me shed even more. But it all came back even if I looked like a fluffy duck with a static hair halo where the regrowth came in for a few months). I have to say my hair is the best it's ever been at the moment (am on Week 15 and had my 810 week 2 weeks ago)

I'm not a big believer in supplements and remedies and things...I think they're horse feathers and snake oil. All that's happened is once you pass the 3 months of ketosis thing, you body stops things like the growth of new hair until you get fed again - taht's why you're supposed to eat - remember - a few years back you couldn't do Cambridge without having food every 4 weeks...so it's no biggy stepping up for a week.

Omg I didn't realise it was you haha!!!! I didn't read who posted it! She went to holland and Barrett and got the skin hair and nails formula and I'll find out what the other one is when I see her on Monday xx

Hehe yep it's meeeeee :D I will have a look in h&b thanks babe x

So did you not do your compulsory 810 week after 12 weeks then? .

No i am so naughty the longest i've gone without cheating is 3 weeks :eek: how bad??!!? I am however, being good now, and i realllllly can't eat, one egg and i seriously will be craving more food, i know me...sad isn't it?! :eek:

Wigs are Great

Thin hair runs in my family. All my sisters have it and I have finally succumbed!

But I love wearing wigs! Change my look in an instant!

Not wearing one at present, but not ashamed when I do, where them loud and proud. One day short, one day long!

Hey its all good!
Christi69!:flirt2:

mine had started falling out at the end of my last 10 weeks but as soon as i came off i noticed all these little new hairs growing (especially around the hair line) i looked a little funny with these little tufts of hair for a few weeks lol but its grown long enough to not stand up now! im sure you will be fine and itll grow back :)

Have a read of this:

Weight Loss, Hair Loss and Low Carb - Low Carb

The stress of going on to Cambridge is what's most likely caused the problem in the first place. I think it happens to most of us, to a lesser or greater degree. The one thing I can tell you is that it's absolutely pointless to come off the diet - the damage was done in the first week or two of doing SS or SS+.

By all means try some extra vitamins and I can see the sense in being very gentle with your hair - but in all probability, the rate of hairloss will slow back down to normal within another week or so. Remember that new and healthy hair will be coming through - but as it grows at a rate of half an inch to an inch a month, it's going to take a little while before it feels back to normal.

Hugs :hug99:

I'm so worried it will happen to me. But I'm on 800 so that means the damage will be less, and I'm taking vitamin supplements since the beginning (I'm a big PRO vitamin girl, I see the difference when I take them and when I don't for a long period of time, I've seen it in my kids also), including special vitamins for hair. I even bought high range vitamins priced which I don't often do (although low range priced vitamins in Germany are still high quality and this is where I buy them)
I'm planning on making an essential oil mixture, some oils are very good for hair loss and apply it regularly. I really would have difficulties to cope with even a temporary hair loss.....

Hair loss can happen on any kind of diet, nutritionally balanced or not. It's the energy deficit that causes it - because it's a stressor to the body. Your hair should return to its usual thickness once you switch to maintenance.

Back