Losing the pounds whilst saving the pounds (hopefully!)

Yesterday I did some batch cooking. I work from Friday afternoon through to Sunday afternoon for 20 hours so I really need to plan my meals. I made a chilli con carne and a mushy pea curry so that should see me through... and this week I am lucky as I get Sunday off yay!! I have also joined the January challenge with a target of 5lbs... I have never achieved one of these challenges so didn't want to set my expectations too high!!

B - 2 toast (heb and 2.5 syns) apple
L - Sweet chilli salmon noodles
D - Mushy pea curry and rice

Coffee throughout the day (hea)

Syns - LF spread (2.5) small Kinder choc (2)

Last edited:
Hi Rach nice to meet you xx

I usually get in stuff like pizza, fish fingers, nuggets and chips in the freezer for my son, when I make stuff like spag bol then I make him a portion, but when I'm having something like curry I do him a separate meal as I know he wouldn't enjoy it. OH is a very fussy eater so he does his own meals. Don't worry about you all not eating the same, if my son has something different I usually give us both the same salad or veg so it ties in, you could try that xx
thanx for ur comment found that it helped me kick my butt into gear lol, thanx again xx

Hi all, hope you all got through New Year's Eve OK! Well it was a quiet one for me, I got in from work after a 10 hour shift and decided that I was going to have an early night so I went to bed at 7.30! Woke this morning at 7.40 and feeling absolutely fantastic!! Got a bit of a ribbing for it this morning but as a non-drinker New Year's Eve has never really appealed to me. Everyone I know obviously knows what I am like as I wasn't invited to any family parties he he! I think the last time we celebrated was the Millennium! OH was very happy to have the telly to himself and says he thoroughly enjoyed the peace and quiet he he!!

So food has been good since my re-start... sticking to plan and hoping to have a decent loss on Thursday :)

Good luck this week and for a good loss on Thursday :)

I am going for a 3 pound loss on Wednesday, perhaps a little ambitious as I flexi synned NYE!! :D

Back to posting my food diary...

Monday 2nd January - EE day

B - 2 wholemeal toast (heb + 2.5 syns), banana
L - Mushy pea curry with wholegrain rice, apple, mini fudge (2 syns)
D - Ainsley cous cous (1.5 syns) grilled peppers, banana, mini fudge (2 syns)

Coffee throughot the day (hea)

Just realised that this was a Green day in the end... not hungry though so don't fancy my other heb

Last edited:
I just went to the supermarket for a food top-up and to see if there were any bargains to be had. There was smellies and chocs with 70% off but I've still got loads of choccies left and I always think people know when you've bought their smellies in the sale so I didn't bother buying anything lol!

I used to buy the Mullerlights/ Alpen bars etc but since I've been trying to save money I've been having fruit with natural yogurt and have been using my heb for wholemeal bread. So here is what I bought today...

Iceland
bag of diced frozen onions £1

Sainsbury's
Bag of Braeburn apples £1
Bag of Clementines £1
Punnet of tomatoes 72p
Pack of chicken (3 thighs and 2 drumsticks) Half price £2
LF Natural Yogurt 98p
6 Bananas loose 61p

I think I make that £7.31... the chicken I have in the oven now, used 2 of the thighs to make a coq au vin as I had a sauce mix in the cupboard and mushrooms and onions in the freezer... the other thigh and 2 drumsticks I am roasting and will add to recipes during the week (if I can resist not eating them... they smell delicious!!)

Tuesday 3rd January - EE Day

B - 2 wholemeal toast (heb + 2.5 syns), apple
L - Coq Au Vin (2 syns) with potatoes and broccoli, clementine, mini fudge (2 syns)
D - Ainsley cous cous (1.5 syns) chicken, red pepper and tomatoes. Banana and natural yogurt

Last edited:
Ooh I'm a bit late today... been getting a little bit of body magic going up and down the ladders at work!!

B - 2 toast (heb + 4.5 syns)
L - Coq au Vin (2 syns), potatoes and broccoli, apple
D - Ainsley cous cous (2.5 syns) wth chicken, peppers and tomatoes.

Had a big snack attack last night... too many chocolates and crisps... probably about 40 syns!!

Last edited:
Hiya I see you have been eating the mushy pea curry. I saw the recipe but don't like the sound of it, is it nicer than it sounds? lol. What do you have it with, on it's on or do you put meat etc in?

Looks like you're doing really well on the plan

Good luck for weight in x

Hiya Josie! I like the mushy pea curry but then I could eat a tin of mushy peas on their own lol! Basically the mushy peas give it a thick consistency so it feel more like a naughty curry than a normal runnier low fat curry. If you look at it like a curry with a tomato and pea base then you can then decide on other things that you could add. I'm sure you could add chicken, I've added mushrooms to it and it was nice.

My first weigh in of 2012 and I'm glad to say that I've lost 2lbs!!

Aiming for the same next week... slow and steady wins the race as they say he he!! I have another 3lbs to lose to meet my January target so fingers crossed!!

I've just been to Sainsbury's and spent £8.03 on bread, coffee, LF spread, chicken portions, crackers and Chinese 5 spice. So I make that just over £15 on this week's shopping which isn't bad :)

Thursday 5th January - EE Day

B - 2 toast (heb + 2.5 syns)
L - Diet Coke chicken with wholegrain rice, banana, fudge (6 syns)
D - I fancied toast do will have to syn it! (8.5 syns)

Last edited:
Congrats on the loss !

I must try this diet coke chicken I hear everyone talk about! X

Not sure if I will be online this weekend or not so don't worry if I'm not about, I will hopefully be on the rails still!!

Friday

B - 2 toast (heb and 2.5 syns) apple
L - Diet coke chicken and wholegrain rice
D - Chickpea chilli with rice again!!

Packet of crisps (7 syns)

Last edited:
The way u say it makes ir sound nicer!! Diet coke and chicken is weird sounding! Haha x

hi rumbletummy, how are you, have come on to see how you are getting on. see you are on the slimming world diet and hope you will allow me to pop in and see how you are getting on :D

Back