Losing the pounds whilst saving the pounds (hopefully!)

rumbletummy

Silver Member
Hi Everyone :wave_cry:

I last started my diary in December last year at around 11st and got down to 10st 5.5lbs... then I went on holiday and never really came back here so here I am with my tail between my legs starting again and weighing more than when I started :eek:

I'm not sure what I weigh at the moment, I'll weigh myself in the morning and update. I'm typing this now so I won't chicken out in the morning and think 'I'll wait til after Christmas'. I feel awful, my clothes are too tight and I miss my old jeans :cry:

I also want to spend less money on food so I'm aiming for mainly Extra Easy days based around rice, pasta, potato, tuna and mince meals.

I doubt many people will be around what with Christmas around the corner but I will keep plugging away and hopefully meet lots of new people in January.

A bit about me... I'm 32, I have a lovely OH and we have a gorgeous boy who is 6 and makes me smile everyday :D I work 24 hours a week in a Cash and Carry and volunteer at my son's school where I listen to readers. In my spare time I love to read and make all kinds of crafty things like cards and jewellery and I've also just taken up knitting.

Thanks for reading xx

Last edited:
Morning all!

I had a busy morning dropping my son off at school and then bumping into everyone I know (or so it seemed!) I got some shopping at Sainsbury's and 2 hours had already gone of my morning!

I had a few things in my cupboards and freezer which were SW friendly (cous cous, pasta, rice, wholemeal bread, chopped toms, kidney beans, frozen veg, fruit etc) so it was a top up for things to go with them to make meals... I bought the following...

Jacket potatoes, bananas, nat yog, potatoes, sprouts, wholegrain rice, spaghetti, cucumber, ham, spring onions, fusilli pasta, coriander, tomatoes, thyme, garlic granules, ryvita wholegrain crackerbread, skimmed milk, beans, Princes Sild in tom sauce (these were reduced to 33p a tin from £1.20!) porridge oats, ground cinnamon, mushy peas and tomato puree.

I am not sure of the syns on the Sild but it has the same kind of nutritional values as the Sardines so I thought I would get it and then ask on here. I also picked up some wholegrain rice boil in the bags from the reduced stand, reduced from £2.06 to £1.30 just because the box was bruised! And a dented can of beans down from 42p to 29p. I love a good bargain and am not embarrassed to buy things with a yellow sticker!! All together my shopping came in at under £20 and I have loads of things to make some yummy meals so I am very pleased :)

Whilst I was at Sainsbury's I picked up the Christmas TV Times and that is my reading for this afternoon whilst I relax before picking my son up from school. They did have a TV mag for 90p but I was a bit extravagant and went for the £2.30 one as it's a tradition!! I also bought a new pair of jeans in a size 14. I was a bit sad about this as when I was a size 12 I promised myself that I would never be a 14 again, but they are a bit loose so hopefully I won't be in them for long. They were a bargain though... £12.50 with 25% off so only £9.37.

I came home and decided to make some Festive soup which was a recipe from the SW mag last year. You cook carrots and onion with thyme (I used dried) and a chicken stock cube for 20 mins. Then you add shredded sprouts for 8 mins and finally left over turkey and ham. I didn't have the meat so I had a veg broth type soup which was nice as I love my veggies. I added salt and pepper and a bit of Worcester sauce which livened it up a bit. I am nice and full now so my tummy is pleased with me lol!

Not sure what will be for tea but it might be something with pasta or maybe something simple like a sandwich as I haven't used any HEB's as yet.

Thanks for reading and hope you all have a fantastic day! xx

Well done for coming bk :)
I'm sure u will do well, you've done well in the past! Xx

I went to my son's Christmas school fair this afternoon and although he had 2 cupcakes I managed to resist!! he did quite well and won on the toy and the chocolate tombola! And he got some Mr Men books which he didn't have so that was good!

I made a yummy tuna bolognaise for tea which went down well with the family... I have attached some photos of my shopping, my festive soup and my tuna bolognaise just because...

xx

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 143
I'm going to make some festive soup this weekend :) sounds yummy!!!

The festive soup does sound good & easy, think i will put some in the slow cooker for tomorrow!

Today I dropped off my son at school and then didn't have anything planned for my morning so I thought I'd have a wander around the shops and get the cupboards stocked up SW friendly for over the festive period.

I picked up some Pasta n Sauce and Bachelors rice from the cheap shop (they were £1 for 2 packs) and I managed to get a bottle of Pepsi Max from the frozen food shop for £1. After I went into Sainsbury's and the Pasta n Sauce was something silly like £2.50 for 3 packs and the Pepsi Max was nearly £2 a bottle so it pays to shop around! In Sainsbury's I picked up a few more bits of fruit and veg and staples like chopped toms, sweetcorn etc and then I got some frozen veg from Iceland. I got a huge bag of sweetcorn for £1 whereas in Sainsbury's it was about £1.50 for a smaller bag so I think I did well!

When I got home I popped some casserole veg, stewing beef, chopped toms and herbs into a pan and cooked some red lentils separately to make a kind of beef and lentil casserole. I am the queen of all things soup like when I'm being healthy he he!!

Whilst that was bubbling away I had a sort out of the larder and decided to put all the foods I'm using for SW meals in a seperate cupboard. I found loads of tins of tuna which I didn't know I had, and other little surprises... I think I really didn't need to go shopping today!! Oh well at least we won't starve whilst the shops are closed of Christmas day he he!!

So another post of waffling!! I am off to my OH's step-dad's 60th birthday party tonight but I'm not too worried. I don't drink alcohol so will stick to diet pop and the food is all home cooked and I know there is going to be things like cooked meats and salad so I should be OK! I can always lay off the syns for a few days if there are any naughties I suppose!!

xx

im new to all this lol HELP!!!!

hi there! im new to all this, but liking what i see already. really helpful and nice people. im 24 and have 3 young children and a hubby. this is my 3rd attempet at slimming world now. i had my 3rd son 12 weeks ago,my weight was 15st 6 the day b4 i had him and i am now 11st 5. i still have 1stone and 5lbs to loose. ive only been doing slimming world a month. so hi there this is me lol. not much info really. would be greatful for some money friendly meals to have on slimming world, as family wont eat what i eat its hard paying for 2 lots of shopping! dont know why they wont :confused: all the food i have tryed so far has been really nice xx

Hi Rach nice to meet you xx

I usually get in stuff like pizza, fish fingers, nuggets and chips in the freezer for my son, when I make stuff like spag bol then I make him a portion, but when I'm having something like curry I do him a separate meal as I know he wouldn't enjoy it. OH is a very fussy eater so he does his own meals. Don't worry about you all not eating the same, if my son has something different I usually give us both the same salad or veg so it ties in, you could try that xx

Well the party was not too bad, there was lots of SW friendly food and I had a few glasses of Diet Coke, however I also had a bowl of trifle and a few J2o's... I was going to stick to Diet Coke but there was only 2 bottles and so I didn't want to drink it all! I didn't eat much in the day though and had saved some syns the last 2 days so I think it will all balance out.

Today it was back on the wagon with banana and natural yog for breakfast, couscous, salad and sardines in tom sauce for dinner with a tangering for afters. OH's mum bought round some leftover sandwiches and salad so I have the brown bread meat sandwiches using my HEB and a few syns for butter. She also bought some birthday cake so there goes all my syns today!!

Going to try to have no more that 5 syns for the rest of the week now!

I got a big bargain at work today, a case (12 packs) of Cadbury's Caramel biscuits for £1.20... I'm sure the boys will enjoy them even if I can't indulge!

So that's it for today, going to settle down for the X Factor final... it's my work's Christmas party but I really couldn't face going, I'm not much of a party animal anymore and much prefer a quiet night in!

Until next time xx

Sunday 11th December - Extra Easy

B - 2 wholemeal toast (heb) and beans, coffee (Hea)
L - Jacket potato, tuna, mixed salad, coffee (hea), apple, satsuma, nat yogurt
D - Lentil and veg curry, rice, natural yog (photo attached) banana
S - Summer fruits with natural yogurt, apple, orange, lots of coffee!

Syns - advent choc (1) Party ring (1.5)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    381.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Thank you Jael, I just couldn't wait until January, need to get back into my clothes. I am thinking about experimenting with festive curry, no sure if curried sprouts is a good idea though! xx

Monday 12th December - Extra Easy

B - 2 wholemeal toast (heb) beans
L - Jacket potato, tuna, salad, banana, nat yog
D - Tuna and sweetcorn pasta, light mayo (2 syns), salad, orange
S - banana and nat yog

Throughout day - Coffee (hea)

Syns - LF spread (2.5) Advent choc (1) party ring (1.5) LF mayo (2) hot choc (2)

Last edited:
Today I have a 'sorting out' day ahead of me... I want to do loads of de-cluttering and cleaning and also make loads of lists and try to get everything sorted for Christmas. Tomorrow I'm going into work as myself an OH have £200 of vouchers to spend! We work in a cash and carry so we will be able to get boozy gifts and choccies, and also bulk buy on toilet roll, cat food and cleaning stuff etc... Previous years we have bought too many snacky things... I'm sure our son will still want to get loads but I just hope that he doesn't pick something which is just too tempting for me to resist!!

Anyway I must get on as nothing will get done otherwise! Have a great day everyone xx

Well I've had such a productive day today! I'm sat in a lovely tidy and organised house, I went and got all the Christmas cards I needed for relatives, gift bags and wrap. Wrapped some presents which had been lying around for the past few days, written out cards and now I'm planning an evening of relaxation!

Diet seems to be going well, I made too much pasta for tea so I stopped eating when I was full which I was proud of! I've also just discovered raw peppers, how I didn't know about them before is a mystery, absolutely yummy!!

Back