Losing the pounds whilst saving the pounds (hopefully!)

Ha ha! Thanks for checking up on me hon!!

Well it's kind of all gone to pot this weekend... I can't tell you why as it was all going so right... I think I really need to get my head into gear as at the moment all I'm doing is maintaining (well... losing and regaining the same few pounds over and over!!)

I am really going to try hard this week and see if I can do it, I know I can as I've done it before, just need some motivation from somewhere... I think I'm too content at the moment!

Anyone any ideas?? xx

Have my thinking cap on and if i get any lights come on will let you know he he, will pop in tomorrow

Hi Becky good luck today for a loss, I can completely relate to how difficult weekends are although I haven't even managed a full week yet.

I am back on plan today and weigh in for me is Monday too so maybe we can spur each other on!

What sort of junk are you eating at the weekend? is it sweet or savoury? maybe you could have some sw alternatives in the house ready for weekend snack attacks. Are you saving some syns for the weekend as that might make it easier if you have a bit more flexibility. Lol I need to practice what I preach hehe x

I have woken up today with a good focus on my goals, I think the nice fresh and bright morning has helped, will update on my progress throughout the week lol! Got the Weetabix cake cooking in the oven, smells really delicious!! xx

Hi Becky good luck today for a loss, I can completely relate to how difficult weekends are although I haven't even managed a full week yet.

I am back on plan today and weigh in for me is Monday too so maybe we can spur each other on!

What sort of junk are you eating at the weekend? is it sweet or savoury? maybe you could have some sw alternatives in the house ready for weekend snack attacks. Are you saving some syns for the weekend as that might make it easier if you have a bit more flexibility. Lol I need to practice what I preach hehe x

Lol Josie I think we posted at the same time!! I am ashamed to say that I weighed myself this morning and I was back to where I started with a 3lb gain argh!!! Never mind, a fresh start for February for both of us hopefully!! xx

Thought I would do a bit of a longer post! After dropping my son off at school I went for a walk around town and treated myself to a lovely pair of grey boots which go really nice with jeans, with saving money I hadn't treated myself for ages so these were a little something for myself for being so good with money all month. They were from our local 'catalogue shop' and are New Look branded reduced from £25 to £9.99 so a bargain I think... and I was after new boots so I thought I'd treat myself! I also got my son a cute little grey duffle coat for school which was also £9.99 it has a hood with tartan trim inside, my coat also has tartan trim inside the hood so I thought we could match he he!! Then I did some shopping in Sainsbury's... quite a big shop of £20 but I got lots of store cupboard ingredients for recipes so it was a bit of a stock up... and £5 of that was also spent on magazines... £4 magazine for my son as he saw it on the telly this morning and so I thought I'd treat him (it's a Wrestling mag... he's really into his Wrestling at the mo he he!!) I had a lovely slow walk home in the sun (frosty but bright) and then de-pooped our lawn (we have a neighbourhood cat who uses our grass as a litter tray so I picked up some poop whilst it was frozen lol!) The glamourous life I lead hey??

I got in some ingredients to make the SW Weetabix cake and that's cooking as I type this... it was looking good but the top seems to be splitting open so we shall see... never done much baking so my savoury makes are a lot more accomplished!! I made Spag bol last night and it was so yummy... I was boasting to my son about what a great cook I am (hoping that he tells his teachers he he!!)

Well... I have been having problems losing weight... I think the main reason lies in the SW plan. I love the recipes and the healthy eating but I think it's a bit too 'free' for me to follow. When I was on Weight Watchers I could have a bad day and still lose, on SW I have a bad day and gain, this is not good as I always have bad days when I'm on a diet (I'm not one for sticking to it completely!) So... I have come to the decision that I will stick to the SW plan but I will also count the calories... I know, I know that this will horrify people but I think this is just what I need to do!! Also, I have just read a thread on the SW forum about only weighing yourself once a month... I think this is such a great idea as weighing myself seems to rule my world so this is something which I am thinking of trying... not too sure yet but we will see!!

Anyway, enough waffle... will let you know how the cake turns out and will update on my progress... thanks for reading xx

I have to admit Becky, when I did sw last year I used to calorie count too to try and keep myself in check and it did help me have smaller portions and not eat free food unnecessarily. When I do EE days my calories always seem to be 1800 a day but on red only about 1300 a day so I can see why I lose more easily on those days! xx

I think I'd have more faith in myself if I knew that I was sticking to a certain amount of calories a day, if I don't then I feel like I'm in a bit of no-man's land if you know what I mean? At least I know that I've got a plan for maintaining though... that's all I seem to be doing at the moment lol!

The Weetabix cake was still gloopy in the middle after the alloted time so had to cut it in pieces and take off the top and put it back in for 15 mins but it was yummy when it was cooked right yum yum!!

A good day yesterday B - Toast... L - Weetabix Cake... D Spag Bol

The Weetabix cake was so filling I had one piece with a cup of coffee and I was so full!! I am going to weigh in tomorrow and then try not to weigh again until the start of March... going to put the scales on a high cupboard in the bedroom and try to forget about them!! xx

that cake sounds nice :D can you post how you make it please ;)
When i last was on you were doing ww just wondering what made you change diets, (this is what i get for going off minimins for 6 months :rolleyes:)
have a good Tuesday :D

Here is a video clip of a man making it on You Tube, he has quite a few videos of how to make SW recipes, they are really good! His wife does SW and he cooks for her! Weetabix Cake (Slimming World) - YouTube

I think I started doing SW when we had our new kitchen. I was never much of a cook and used to live off WW ready meals, but then when we got the new kitchen I really wanted to learn how to cook and all the SW recipes on here really inspired me!! I just love the recipes and the food that you can eat 'freely' I just wish that I could stop eating all of the other naughty foods as well he he!! xx

yyyyyyuuuuummmmmyyyyyy :D that will be made at weekend.
thats interesting why you changed i have never used the ready meals never liked them :eek:
hope you had a good day :D

I weighed myself this morning and was 11st 8lbs so I've lost 3lbs in January... must have been water retention when I weighed in the other day!! So now I have given OH the scales to hide and I will next weigh in on March 1st... would like to be 11st 4lbs as I feel comfortable there so I'll set myself a target or 4lbs... might not sound much but I'm such a slow loser I think this will be achievable :)

Got a lovely chicken curry cooking for tea yum yum smells delicious!! xx

Great news about the loss for January, you have done so weight.

Are you weighing monthly...I would never have the discipline to wait that long lol!! I am keeping to Mondays wi though to try and stop weekend binges. I am going to my friends on Sat and really don't want to drink so think I am going to drive home to force myself not to! I love a drink but I know that it will cause water retention and a poor loss next Monday.

Good luck for the rest of the week, I have now been back on plan for 3 days woo hoo!!

Thank you girls! Dinner was yummy and even my litle man had some... apparently he's had curry at school, I thought it might be too hot for him but he didn't complain at all!!

Yep I'm really going to weigh in once a month... I think it'll help me as it drives me mad when I don't lose much... I think if I get on the scales and see a big weight loss all in one go then it will be such a great feeling!!

Hope you have a great weekend Josie and that you enjoy your time with your friend xx

its amazing how children seem to eat curries and spicey food now days :D
have a good weekend :)

Back