Losing the will to Lose

miss_williams

I joined up with SW on 17th September 2008, and today weigh the same as I did in December 2008.

I am fed up with trying and failing, and I don't care that I'm 1 stone 7lbs lighter than what I started at I haven't spent £450 to only lose that! I didn't weigh last week but the 2 weeks before that I gave 110% and put on both weeks. I have had this week off, I have eaten out with friends had puddings and thoroughly enjoyed my birthday celebrations without worrying what I can and can't eat.

I am having the next 3 weeks off from weigh in, but am going to weigh myself at Boots this morning.
I am food optimising from today. I am hoping that I will lose. Without the pressure of 'performing' at weigh in.
I will return to group on 30th June and will give myself 1 month. If nothing happens I'm going to admit defeat and I'll be this fat and miserable for the rest of my life.

awwww hun try not to get to disheartned we all go through times where it feels we have been more than 100% and then nothing happens and we stay the same ... i think your plan sounds like a good idea as long as you dont think your mind will play that trick of you havent got weih in so a little bit extra of this or that wont count (i know i have done that ) ...maybe the little blow out you have had may give your motabolism a boost and kick start you into losing again. you could also try eating differnt types of food to you were befor just give the plan a bit of a shake up

whatever happend hun good luck and try not to let it get you to down

why dont you post your food diary and maybe someone could point something out that might be a cause why you are not losing? or change the plan you are doing to see if that helps.

Youve stuck with it this long so you obviously to want to lose weight, dont give up on yourself, you can do it

And remember the longer it takes to come off the longer it will stay off as the more of a lifestyle change it is rather than justa quick fix

you sound down in dumps, you say 'I'll be this fat and miserable for the rest of my life. ' can this not be your motivation? ONLY you can do this for yourself and make yourself happy (trust me took me a long time realise weight wont drop off without me helping myself) taking 3 weeks off is only going to make you another 3 weeks added to weeks to target! you CAN do it! maybe if you attend group and you feel you have to 'perform' this might be your kick up butt getting back to plan?
£450 is alot of money to lose if you dont stick to it but taking weeks off isn't going to help your overall loss!

what plan do you stick to? can you not change plan for a week give your body a change might boost weightloss?
i found boots scales be different to those in class weighng yourself there then going back to class might make you more depressed if the ones at boots are wrong?

create a food diary in the section so we can all help you! and PLEASEEEEE believe in yourself as thats whats important!

take care and good luck in whatever you decide x

I know exactly how you feel miss_williams. I joined SW exactly around the same time you did (for the gazillionth time) weighing heavier than I ever did (and now I'm heavier still). I know it is so discouraging at times, and even though I feel exactly as you do this very moment - damn scales :mad: - I can't give up this time. So I'm going to try and get a food diary going as well (don't underestimate the power of writing down what you eat! I often surprise myself!). Do one - there are a wealth of people here to help you. You can also:

Try some new fruits/veg etc.
Mix up your days
Add more SS foods to your meals

You've come this far. You're 1st 7lbs underway. Take it a day at a time from now. A lot can happen by June 30th! Good luck. :hug99:

aaw i really feel for you, its so gutting when you try and try and nothing happens or you gain. i agree that maybe you should switch which plan your on as your body has maybe got used to it?
i also stopped going for a few weeks over christmas and started getting weighed at boots but i found if i had a 'bad' week i justg wouldnt get weighed and my weight loss ground to a halt so im back at group, ive only lost 4 and a half pounds since being back but im more motivated and i think thats the key-please dont lose heart hun. good luck for the future i will keep my fingers crossed for you :D:D

You've got some really excellent advice here.
I will join the others in saying 'dont give up'! I do appreciate the feeling of being under pressure at weigh-in days and perhaps you are doing the right thing for you.
However, I would say, that you should try and remember why you decided to join SW in the first place - are those reasons still valid for you? Did you want to improve your health or improve how you feel about your body?
Sometimes, we can easily get caught up in the disappointment of not losing enough in a given space of time, but need to reflect on what it was that made us decide to change the way that we eat.
Don't be too hard on yourself. x

I guess like we all do, you have a choice.

You can stop with all the synning, planning, deprivation and guilt and just go out there and eat what you like OR you can carry on this long hard slog that involves difficult choices and things not always going your way.

...............but!!!!!

With choice one comes a 'half-life'- the inability to go for days out with your friends and feeling uncomfortable when eating in public and getting out of breath at the slightest exertion and not being able to wear pretty clothes or feel as attractive as you deserve. You will also in later life risk diabetes, heart disease, joint and mobility problems and certain types of cancer from being overweight

Choice 2, despite being harder, has MASSIVE rewards. You will feel amazing, you will look healthy and alive. You can walk in any shop and not feel like you don't belong. You can go to cinema/theatre/fairs without worrying about people looking or whether you will fit in the seat. You will walk without getting out of breath or your thighs rubbing. YOU WILL LIVE LONGER!!!!!!!

No-one can do this for you- you have to want it so bad that NOTHING will stop you. No-one else is responsible for this except the person who places the food in your mouth.

Losing weight is hard- it's a battle and it is SO much easier to give up, that is why so many people fail- but if you give up you have to accept the consequences of that. You have SO many reasons not to give up but have to realise that the only person who can do this is YOU

Good luck with your decision
xxxxxxx

Personally I hope that when you read this you will see that you can do this plan :)

It really does work, but will require you to have the motivation to stick at it.

I agree that maybe writing a food diary each day so others can look & maybe spot something that you have missed, can really help alot.

Please don't give up, it was really sad reading that you will be fat & miserable for the rest of your life. You have to believe in yourself honey x

Thank you everyone.
I have weighed myself and haven't put on as much as I thought I had.
I am crying my eyes out. I hate looking like this.
I have an awful headache which I know is that awful sugar withdrawal headache.

I have eaten so far since 9am 2 alpen lights, tin of spaghetti hoops, 1 pack of seafood sticks and a handful of grapes.
I'm like a bottomless pit.

I know how disheartening it can be - I've spent the last 6 weeks losing and regaining the same 1.5lbs. I decided to take the bull by the horns and go right back to basics.

I started a food diary and planned my food for each day. Nothing went into my mouth before I checked the syns value (which gave me a few shocks) and I weighed everything that was a syn. It really works - this week I lost 5.5 lbs! This has given me motivation to carry on just when I was about to throw in the towel - you never know, it might work for you.

oh hon i know exactly how you feel i joined in nov 2008 and the first 1.5 stone came off v quickly i have been battleing since last october to get another half stone off. (mmm restarting today) and still need another 2 stone. sending you some big hugs and hope it goes well

I have eaten so far since 9am 2 alpen lights, tin of spaghetti hoops, 1 pack of seafood sticks and a handful of grapes.
I'm like a bottomless pit.

I have eaten more than that Hun and I have a gastric band! May be this is the reason for your failings? Graze!!!!
So far today, I have had a bacon, egg and tomato sandwich, a banana, left over roast pork cooked dinner with gravy, a packet of asda cheese curls and now as I am typing this, I have a huge bowl of mixed frozen fruits with a fat free yoghurt over the top...and I have an apple if Im peckish.

I still go out with friends for meals..to the pub etc. Im a mum and work full time, but if I can do this you can too.
Dont feel sorry for yourself, just think about how you can turn it around and make the difference from now, not looking back at how you have done previously.
You are the only one that can make that difference Hun. We can all give you the encouragement, advice and support that you need, but only you have the choise to follow it through or not.

I agree with other posters - you really need to write everything down and don't get hungry. Eat fruit or fat free yogurt when you get the munchies. Are you doing EE or Red/Green? SW does work - I have absolute faith in it - if you stick to it 100% Good Luck. There are lots of people on here to help you.

going back to basics and checking everything before you eat it is a really good idea!! its easy to have a bite of food here and there but it soon adds up! yoiu could maybe try doing red, green and extra easy on alternate days and see if that kicks starts your weight loss again! your not happy with the way things are now hun so give it one last go and put everything into it and be completely honest with yourself about everything that goes in and im sure youll do it!! your not alone and your making the right steps by being on here and telling everyone how you feel. chin up hun!

I always keep a food diary. I'm doing EE

I guess like we all do, you have a choice.

You can stop with all the synning, planning, deprivation and guilt and just go out there and eat what you like OR you can carry on this long hard slog that involves difficult choices and things not always going your way.

...............but!!!!!

With choice one comes a 'half-life'- the inability to go for days out with your friends and feeling uncomfortable when eating in public and getting out of breath at the slightest exertion and not being able to wear pretty clothes or feel as attractive as you deserve. You will also in later life risk diabetes, heart disease, joint and mobility problems and certain types of cancer from being overweight

Choice 2, despite being harder, has MASSIVE rewards. You will feel amazing, you will look healthy and alive. You can walk in any shop and not feel like you don't belong. You can go to cinema/theatre/fairs without worrying about people looking or whether you will fit in the seat. You will walk without getting out of breath or your thighs rubbing. YOU WILL LIVE LONGER!!!!!!!

No-one can do this for you- you have to want it so bad that NOTHING will stop you. No-one else is responsible for this except the person who places the food in your mouth.

Losing weight is hard- it's a battle and it is SO much easier to give up, that is why so many people fail- but if you give up you have to accept the consequences of that. You have SO many reasons not to give up but have to realise that the only person who can do this is YOU

Good luck with your decision
xxxxxxx

You certainly have hit the nail on the head. As the saying goes nothing tastes better than being slim x

I always keep a food diary. I'm doing EE

Would you be able to share some of those with us, or give a general idea of what your days look like food-wise? As the others have said there may be something there that is spotted.

I think Cocktail Princess was spot on with her post. You need to ask yourself your reasons for wanting to lose weight and if they are the same as when you started - If you do stop SW, what will happen? You could gain more weight (as I have after coming off plan) and still feel rotten, or you could go back to basics, eat healthy foods and do yourself and your body lots of good.

It is disheartening when the lbs slow down, but a slow loss is better than no loss and SW is a healthy plan of eating, so you are doing yourself good even if the lbs have slowed a little.

You are doing EE, are you ensuring you get 1/3 superfree foods with your meals?

I've stopped SW before and always ended up feeling worse, blobby, unhappy, unhealthy and disappointed in myself.

As others have said, the choice is completely yours but I really hope you give it another go. We're all here if you need us x

I've felt like that plenty of times, but everytime I give up I just pile the weight back, so I have now given up giving in. I will sometimes have a day or two of being very 'naughty' to get it out of my system til next time, but then I get back on plan because I know the consequences. I've been trying off and on since January 2008, but I'm 3 stone lighter now. I still have over 2 stone to go, and god knows how long it will take me, but I'm gonna keep on trying. Good luck x

Back