Losing weight by changing your eating habits/eating healthier

Hello,
I join the conversation. I have tried any weight loss programs but I regained weight. I don't know why. I would like find the solution. Could you give me some weight loss tips please? Thanks a lot Abbey

Hi. I think that when u loose weight u let your eating slip and think u can have this or that and it wont hurt but before u no it uve gained sum or all back. Personaly i just try to eat better and cut my portion sizes. If i want naughty food then il have it but just share it,that way ive had it but not over eaten. I Even share a twix haha. It gets to the point where u just eat like that all the time and give no thought to it. Im back doing it coz i just got greedy and ate for the sake of it so ive gained ten pounds but i want a stone off and il be happy. I dnt want to be skinny i like my curves but a size 10 12 wud be great. Cant even get in my 12s anymore. How did u loose your weight the first time?x

I'm having a nightmare with it at the moment. I've reached a point where I've lost so much weight I'm starting to not look good so I've decided I need to maintain my weight.... Easier said than done. I've got a kidney infection which is sucking all of my energy so I've added some more carbs to help me cope with the demand of work and the gym but I've put on 2lbs!! I don't know how to stay the same and not lose or put on weight?!

Hey hun hope your feeling better soon. I stayed the same weight for years. Its just this last year ive put 10 pounds on. What i used to do was realy relax and eat what i wanted or if i was going out for a meal i had what i wanted because when i was gud in the week it balanced it all out. Maybe because u r stil exercising try eating abit more.x

What do u mean hun,how long should u do the diet 4? It doest feel like a diet to me its just what i do every day. Like i said tho if i want sumthing then il have it so i dont feel like im depriving myself.x

What do u mean hun,how long should u do the diet 4? It doest feel like a diet to me its just what i do every day. Like i said tho if i want sumthing then il have it so i dont feel like im depriving myself.x

That's exactly what I do and how I work it. I'm feeling worse not better at the moment (with my infection) and all I want is pizza so I'm going to make myself a low fat pitta pizza today. And I may have a snickers!! Then hopefully next week when I will (touch wood) feel better ill work it off!! :)

Thanks Trinab for your answer. I would like to lose weight with natural way. And maybe in parallel to drink green tea. I don't know. What do you think?

If u want to drink green tea hun thats up to u,i wont hurt. I will not give up tea or coffee 4 nothing. Dont 4get just have what u want but smaller portions. The key is is not to obsess over food. We eat to live not live to eat!! Drink plenty of water or suger free squash. If your struglin with anything just give me a shout hun. Oh and remember the slower it cums off the better chance of it staying off.x

That's exactly what I do and how I work it. I'm feeling worse not better at the moment (with my infection) and all I want is pizza so I'm going to make myself a low fat pitta pizza today. And I may have a snickers!! Then hopefully next week when I will (touch wood) feel better ill work it off!! :)

Aww i hope you will be feeling beter soon. So u said yourself that your geting too thin now? Mabe ease up abit on the exercise and dont start obsessing that u have to burn off everything u eat. Id relax with the food for abit tho hun. A little bit of what you fancy doesnt hurt u its when u eat it excesivly that it does.x

Ok Trinab, I try to eat healthy but maybe my portions are much important and maybe I eat too fast. How much recipes do you eat per day?
I think drinking a lot of water or tea (like green tea) help to eliminate . Yes, the green tea can't hurt, on the contrary.

I eat 3 meals a day of woteva i fancy just smaller portions. Yes do eat slower and chew your food properly and if u find your full before u have finished then leave it. I try drink 5 pints of water a day and i also have a few tea and coffee a day. You can do it if u put your mind to it. Ive also been doin lesley sansone 2 mile walk at home workout and in just a week ive lost 2 pound but more importantly 2 and a half inch from my waist and the same on my hips.x

Hiya,

I've gradually lost 5st 2lb since last August by halving my portion sizes and allowing myself one treat per day.

I've also not beaten myself up about the odd slip up either... and just started the next day with a new outlook. I've made sure I've had breakfast, lunch and evening meal too... I was always really bad for missing both breakfast and lunch - I've had to force myself to eat these meals; now I can't do without them!!

I don't snack between meals... and if I am hungry I usually have some fruit.

I've mentioned this in my post in 'Introductions', but I also found that reading has helped me stay out of the kitchen cupboards.

I don't have a very active life outside of work (no kids or family close by), so aside from taking care of Hubby and the dog, I used to get bored very easily and that's when I hit the cupboards.... and coming home extremely hungry from work didn't help.

I also don't buy crisps, chocolate or biscuits anymore.... but Hubby has his own stash, which I strictly stay away from!

I found that making a mental note of what I've been eating through the day really helps... and when faced with someone in the office offering me a slice of cake, I ask myself 'Do I really want this now, or do I want my treat when I'm at home tonight in front of the telly?' Invariably I want my treat when I'm relaxing in front of the telly... so I'm finding it easy to say 'no' to the cake mountain which always appears at work.

Its difficult, but it becomes a way of life... you get used to it, and people get used to you saying 'No' too - and it makes me feel quite proud of myself that I do say 'No'. I'm looking after 'me', taking a stand for myself and I feel so much stronger for it.

What I would say is... don't beat yourself up about it... still go and have meals out; just eat half of what's put in front of you - even the dessert! We're all allowed treats, don't deprive yourself, but just think about the balancing act you need to do.

Good luck, you can do it!

:) x

Wow well done on your loss,thats brill. Thats exactly the right attitude to have. It is hard at first but it just becomes a part of life. You should be realy proud of yourself. I have 2 kids so always have treats in but if i make it to bed without giving in then i feel realy proud ov myself. Oh and the reading is great for taking your mind off eating,i used to do that all the time.x

Hey,
I'm just starting to feel better but I ache all over (really bad actually.) I missed 5 days at the gym which was a nightmare for me but went back again on Saturday and did a double class (man did I feel it.) I ate lots and lots when I felt really unwell! And I've reduced it a little not but it hasn't shown on the scales!! :D I must have needed it.

Because I work over forty hours a week at work (not including hours of paperwork) and I do about 10 hours in the gym a week I've been struggling to fuel myself. I'm starving ALL the time and tired! So I've started supplementing my diet. I spoke to my instructor and she said that it could really help. One of the things I'm trying to do is drink green tea (and I take green tea and acai tablets.) I'm hoping my energy levels will increase!! X

Glad your feeling better but im not suprised u r tired all the time with what you fit in a week. Have u thort of maybe reducing the gym abit to give your body a break. U sound like u work realy hard but like u said your at where u want to be now so me personaly i would go at abit more of a slower pace. Maybe u bjud go for a walk instead of the gym one nite. Hope u start to feel refreshed soon tho.x

I have to keep up my gym work 1. Because its my social life... It keeps me sane 2. I have lose skin and 3. I want to become an instructor eventually. :D I just need to alter what I eat etc. I have stripped back my gym classes for this week whilst in getting over it. I'm doing 6 hours this week.

Ah i c. Wel i wish i had your motivation 4 the gym. Ive just dun my first week doin a workout at home for 30mins a day amd feel dead proud of myself haha. So r u at a happy weight now?x

That's awesome. If that works for you then it's great! I love seeing my friends at the gym. I always have someone to hat to when I go in. It's amazing. I just wish I was 100% again. :) no but yeah but no. Everyone keeps saying 'don't lose anymore weight!' But personally I'd like to lose more but I don't want my face to look gaunt. It's the toning I need to do I guess. :D this is the hardest part for me. Well done in losing 2lbs!! :)

Aww thanx hun. Do what u feels best 4 you. Dont listen to what other people say. Its how u feel and how u want to look. I just cant believe i lost 2 and half inches off my hips and the same on my waist in a week. amazing what exercise and eating well can do.x

Back