losing weight for the final time

Happy new year all.

I'm so pleased its Jan 1st, back on Atkins today, no more breaks now. weighed myself this morning to see a massive gain, I know a lot of it is water and my glycogen stores etc but seeing that number made me feel sad and regretful. its done now though, I enjoyed eating whatever I wanted and drinking so I need to deal with it and move forward. had a little argument with my husband over cake last night, he's trying to gain weight (I'd love that problem lol) its a really long silly story but basically he said I'd had too much (he wanted more of it) and that I have a problem with food and that there was no point getting back on Atkins today as I'd just gain the weight back again, I felt really annoyed with him as he'd been telling me to have some time off dieting over Christmas, anyway my motivation is higher than ever and I'm going to show him :)

I have a list of stuff to do today, including drinking lots of water and exercising.

my mil is coming tomorrow to stay for the month and she's starting Atkins, sure it will be good to be doing it with her.

I'm not amending my weight as it will make me sad. hoping to lose it within 2 weeks and be back at 14st. fingers crossed x x

Last edited:
half day done and I'm feeling really sick :( not sure if its my body adjusting or the amount of water I've had, almost finished 2nd 500ml bottle but that's loads more than I've been having.

I'm planning on weighing weekly now so hopefully I'll see a good loss next week.

x x

Glad you had a nice Christmas, and congrats for getting back on it! Any gains will go soon. Your husband though, I think you're stuck with for longer ;)

Glad you had a nice Christmas, and congrats for getting back on it! Any gains will go soon. Your husband though, I think you're stuck with for longer ;)

thanks Buffy, hope you had a lovely Christmas. I need to catch up on your diary :) yes I am stuck with him lol, I love him really, he's just annoying. x x

Good morning,

beginning of day 2 and 4lbs down, I cant resist the scales but that's ok.

I have a horrible headache this morning, sugar withdrawal getting back into ketosis but sure it will go soon.

Back at work today, I love what I do but wouldn't mind a few more days relaxing.

After my husbands comments about cake and me regaining weight the other day, I've decided to stop talking to him about it. A part of me knows he's happier when I'm bigger because he's insecure about me leaving him, really is silly, we've been together 10 years. men!!!!

I'm feeling good and really positive. as much as I love having the kids at home all day, getting back into routine will be great as I can plan everything better.

have a good day all x x

Happy New Year Jenny :) and sorry for posting on your diary again instead of mine a few posts ago:doh: Will delete, and no doubt at some point will do it again:confused:
Brilliant that you got straight back on plan and have lost 4lb:) you're husband must love you very much to worry that you'll leave him just because you're losing weight:)

Happy New Year Jenny :) and sorry for posting on your diary again instead of mine a few posts ago:doh: Will delete, and no doubt at some point will do it again:confused:
Brilliant that you got straight back on plan and have lost 4lb:) you're husband must love you very much to worry that you'll leave him just because you're losing weight:)

haha I thought you'd done it again but I don't mind :)

happy new year to you too, hope its a great one for you.

He knows I feel loads more confident when I'm at my goal weight so thinks if I feel good about my body then theres more chance of leaving him, I told him he's crazy but he's insecure bless him.

x x

Hi all,

I feel back in the flow of Atkins now. mil has moved back in today. She said she's starting Atkins but when I asked what she wanted for lunch, she said a sausage sandwich lol

I'm feeling so positive about this year :)

x x

Good morning,

kids back at school today. I was expecting tears and tantrums from my 3 year old but he was fine :)

day 4 today and 8lbs down :) soon be at weight from before Christmas hopefully.

I'm going out on Friday night to a birthday party, I'm going to limit myself to 3 rum and diet cokes, I never want to feel as unwell as last time I went out.

have a great day x x

Wow look at you with 8lbs down..half a stone... Fantastic:0clapper:You're zooming down towards target :D
Good there were no tears at school drop off. Ours aren't back until tomorrow and are actually fed up with being off!
How's it going with MIL? Mine moved in with us (for keeps) years ago, big mistake! I could have murdered her in the end and I was over the moon when she moved in with her daughter, she created havoc there too o_O X

Wow look at you with 8lbs down..half a stone... Fantastic:0clapper:You're zooming down towards target :D
Good there were no tears at school drop off. Ours aren't back until tomorrow and are actually fed up with being off!
How's it going with MIL? Mine moved in with us (for keeps) years ago, big mistake! I could have murdered her in the end and I was over the moon when she moved in with her daughter, she created havoc there too o_O X

Hi, things are ok with mil, I'm managing just about lol. she lived with us for years until last year when she met her bf. it got really bad before and we ended up falling out and asking her to find somewhere else to live. she is a bit of a nightmare. only 19 more days and she'll be leaving. glad your mil moved in with her daughter :)

hope all is good with u x x

Hi all,

things feel strange with mil here, I don't feel relaxed in my own house which isn't good but its not forever.

diet is going ok, I don't want to lose focus or motivation so need to change something, maybe write a food diary or do a meal plan so there's less deciding at meal times.

water intake hasn't been great over the weekend, I find weekdays easier when kids are at school and I have a schedule to stick to.

I went out on Friday night, I'd planned to have a few rum and diet cokes but just tasting the rum makes me feel really sick :( think it was the memories of last time when I was really hungover. so I decided to drink archers and diet lemonade.

I haven't weighed myself since I last updated my loss on here so maybe 5/6 days, partly because I was a little scared that the archers wasn't a good choice and didn't want to see a gain and also I really want to start weighing once a month as that feels like a really healthy place to be.

things with my husbands health aren't good again so feeling stressed about that.

I really need to try my best to focus and not let other issues throw me off track.

x x

Hi Jenny, you're doing well sticking to your diet with all the stress you've got at the minute ((hug)), hope you're husband isn't too bad. As for not feeling relaxed in your own home with MIL being there, I totally get that. I had the best garden on the block when mine was living with me as it was my sanity retreat! How are you managing with work with MIL around as if I'm right you work from home? X

thanks ladies. mil is at work during the day so if I have telephone clients its fine, I generally don't work at home though. its just the evenings where I feel kind of awkward but it will be fine, not long to go now though.

counting down the days :) x x

Hi all,

weighed myself today and I'm another 4lbs down, 12lbs down in 11 days. although that's great I'm a little disappointed that I haven't been 100%. water intake hasn't been great and I've had a few things to eat that aren't on plan. I now weigh less than before Christmas so I'm pleased about that.

100% from now on. I think I need to go back to planning meals and I really want to find some time to exercise.

x x

Watching your journey is amazing Jenny, you're doing so well. You must be seeing a big difference now. X

Hi Jenny, popped in to see how you're getting on. Still awol, hope everything is ok and you're just super busy. Tibbs X

Back