losing weight for the final time

Jenny_b

Gold Member
Hi all,

thought I'd start a diary as they have helped me lose weight in the past.

bit about me, I'm Jenny, 31, married with 3 children and I'm a counsellor. I pretty much love my life apart from my weight/body. I've been losing and gaining weight for years. I was slightly chubby as a teenager and at age 19/20 I lost a couple of stone and was then told I looked skinny and ill, looking back at pictures I agree so don't want to be that weight again.

I broke my knee last year, it was awful and I needed surgery to put the bones back together. not being able to exercise and sitting down most of the time meant I gained 3 stone. I was doing pretty good before this although no where near my goal weight.

I'm pretty good at losing weight when I'm motivated, my problem is maintaining. I'm trying to look at my relationship with food because it isn't healthy, I eat for the wrong reasons, when I'm sad, tired, bored etc. Over the last few months I've lost 24lbs by exercising most days and eating well. I'm not following a diet as I'm looking at this as a lifestyle change as I want to eat healthily forever and never get back up to 16 stone again.
I'm in the 14s now and although I'm not happy at this weight, its so much better than when I was in the 16s. I've set a realistic goal of losing 47lbs by the end of the year. I've lost 24lbs so far so 23lbs left, that's 1.2lbs per week. If I can get to this goal I'll be in the 12s and will so much happier. My ultimate goal weight is 10st 7lbs, to get to that goal I'd need to lose 3lb a week which might be too optimistic so I'm happy with hitting that goal next year.

I'm going to try and post everyday with how my day has been food and exercise wise.

off to get some sleep x x

Hi all,

I've felt really moody today, dont know why. maybe its sugar withdrawal as I've been back to eating better for a few days now. I don't know but I'm glad its almost bedtime.

I feel really proud of myself today for sticking to my food plan, usually if I'm tired, moody etc I'll reach for chocolate or cake etc. but haven't even thought about eating anything like that today so I'm really pleased. hopefully looking at my relationship with food is helping.

I exercised today, but probably only around 20 mins, better than nothing though.

only 2 days till I weigh myself, pretty sure that I'll have a loss. fingers crossed.

Hi Jenny, dropping by to sub and wish you good luck! It's totally achievable, the target you've set yourself. I know what you mean about having a bad relationship with food, I'm in a very similar position.

Hi Torn, thank you. I didn't want to set a massive goal and then not hit it. Hopefully I'll hit my goal early and be able to lose some more :) have a good day x x

Hi all,

I must admit that I'm feeling really proud of myself for sticking to eating healthily at the moment as its the school holidays, usually I'll eat whatever I want especially if we are out for the day. I'm self employed so try and have as much time off as possible when the kids are off school. I kept thinking that I'd start again Sept 7th when they are back at school, really glad I didn't wait :)

having a relaxing day at home today, will do some exercise and make a meal plan for the week.

weigh in tomorrow :) I know I've lost as weighed the other day but Monday is my official weigh in day. x x

So I thought I'd write a list of the reasons I want to lose weight, hopefully it will help me if my motivation is getting low.

1. to feel confident
2. to ease the pressure on my bad knee
3. clothes shopping
4. to be healthier
5. to feel comfortable naked
6. so I can wear all my lovely smaller clothes
7. less chance of diabetes (have about 80% chance already)
8. to be happy

I'm sure theres loads more reasons but that will do for now, I'll add to it when I think of other reasons. x x

You sound so determined and you're smashing your goal already, it's totally doable! I need to change my relationship with food too. Good luck xx

You sound so determined and you're smashing your goal already, it's totally doable! I need to change my relationship with food too. Good luck xx

Thanks hun, I really don't want to go through process again so I'm trying to change my attitude towards food so that I eat like this forever. I'm sick of feeling rubbish about my body. You were great motivation last time so glad you're here :) x x

Last edited:
Hi all,

the last few days I've noticed that I'm actually getting hungry, in the past I'd just eat if others were or if I fancied something. It feels good to recognise what hunger feels like. I've eaten well again today.
I think that things that contribute to me failing are, my husband as he's a feeder, he's not bothered what I weigh and buys me ice cream and chocolate a lot, not being prepared is another big reason I fail, if I haven't planned what I'm having then I'll grab anything. To tackle these issues, I've told my husband to stop buying me unhealthy food and to stop offering it if he's eating it etc. I'm trying so hard to be prepared, this includes doing daily and weekly food plans and making sure I buy everything I need when shopping. Also preparing as much as possible in the morning helps. I peel and chop carrots every morning and leave them in a tub in the fridge to snack on when I'm hungry. I love raw carrots so snacking on them is good and filling.

off to make dinner, I'm just having tuna salad so will probably eat it whilst cooking for the family.

another successful day ticked off :)

x x

It's great to have goals. My consultant gets really frustrated with me, when I won't give a number for the following weeks loss. I have my own goals, and I tend to keep them pretty private. Or set action goals in group. I've always said that I will be happy with any loss; as long as the scales are going down, I don't mind.

I know what you mean about other halves! Mine is awful for it... but I have finally convinced him that, regardless of how he feels, I will be happier when I've lost the weight. He's finally accepting it. Although he does insist that we have treats after I weigh in! It's made easier that I'm veggie and he isn't, so if he wants something bad, it tends to be something I wouldn't eat anyway.

It's great to have goals. My consultant gets really frustrated with me, when I won't give a number for the following weeks loss. I have my own goals, and I tend to keep them pretty private. Or set action goals in group. I've always said that I will be happy with any loss; as long as the scales are going down, I don't mind.

I know what you mean about other halves! Mine is awful for it... but I have finally convinced him that, regardless of how he feels, I will be happier when I've lost the weight. He's finally accepting it. Although he does insist that we have treats after I weigh in! It's made easier that I'm veggie and he isn't, so if he wants something bad, it tends to be something I wouldn't eat anyway.

Yeah I totally agree that any loss is great. Most weeks I'll be hoping for 2lb loss, which I think is a good goal to have. I went to a healthy eating group that the local council runs the other week, they have 1lb and 5lbs of fat to hold, they look so big, I will never say I've 'only' lost 1lb again as its big.

haha about your other half insisting on you having treats after you've weighed in lol. sounds like my husband. he'll say something like 'you've done really well this week, lets have a takeaway and chocolate' its ok for him, he can eat anything and stay the same weight.

x x

Hey Jenny, thought I'd pop in and say howdy.
I know what you mean about the kids being off. It's so easy to end up going for cakes and drinks or ending up in kfc for lunch, not to mention the ice creams. Luckily they go back soon :).
DM

Hey Jenny, thought I'd pop in and say howdy.
I know what you mean about the kids being off. It's so easy to end up going for cakes and drinks or ending up in kfc for lunch, not to mention the ice creams. Luckily they go back soon :).
DM

Hi DM,
yeah its a bit of a nightmare but luckily most days I've been pretty well prepared. I'll really miss them when they go back, but getting back into routine will be good and it will be loads easier to eat healthily.
last summer hols were total opposite, dread to think of what I ate last year x x

The tactile examples are great! Really makes you think about it and puts it into perspective. 2lbs a week is definitely achievable xx

yeah its great to see it. I always think a lb is nothing but it really is a handful of fat so if I lose a lb I'll be happy :) x x

working tomorrow so going to sleep soon. I'm looking forward to weighing myself in the morning. I'm going to try my very best not to weigh myself until my official weigh in day from now on.
nipped to the local shop a while ago, its next to pizza place, the smell was lovely and then I remembered how I feel every time I eat pizza, full and yakky. the smell didn't appeal after that. My tummy feels so much better eating good healthy food.
I'm starting to recognize signals of being satisfied when eating now, instead of eating everything on my plate just because its there. before I'd eat everything on my plate even if it left my feeling totally stuffed. now I can leave it which is good. hopefully these small things will help me succeed to get to my goal weight and then maintain.
x x

Back