Losing weight off Hips and Bottom

That's_So_Fetch

Gold Member
Hi all :wavey: , i am on the CD and i am hoping to lose all the weight i need to. But i am alittle concerned about my hips and bottom and think that it will be difficult to lose the weight on these areas and they will still end up being big. :(

I am especially concerned about my hips and so i was wondering if anyone could offer any advice on what exericses i could do to help tone and shrink the hips?:confused: I am not doing any cardio for another month because i have just started on CD, but i would appreciate all suggestions.

Thanks in advance :)

xx

I am not allowed to do anything strenuous as I have a hernia......I find walking good exercise and also tones, bum and thighs. I am trying to pluck up the courage to go swimming ....but Im not feeling brave enough yet.

ooooo, i know what you mean about swimming. I want to go so bad but i cant even make myself to buy a swimming costume. But hopefully in time i will.

I am trying to do lots of walking. I also suffer from a bad ankle and pain in knee joints so i have to take things easy.

I am hoping to build up from walking during the month so i dont put too much strain on my joints/ankle.

I hope you find the courage to go swimming.

xx

ooooo, i know what you mean about swimming. I want to go so bad but i cant even make myself to buy a swimming costume. But hopefully in time i will.

I am trying to do lots of walking. I also suffer from a bad ankle and pain in knee joints so i have to take things easy.

I am hoping to build up from walking during the month so i dont put too much strain on my joints/ankle.

I hope you find the courage to go swimming.

xx

With your knee and ankle pain and my hernia....swimming is the ideal form of exercise as it is non weight bearing.....I did find the courage a couple of years ago to go swimming with a friend I was over 25 stone at that time. I know I am smaller but its the initial getting changed and walking to the pool.

I understand. I hate to get changed and then having to rush to the pool. I'm fine when i am in the pool. I used to go to ladies only sessions, which wasnt so bad but they were only once a week and sumtimes you cant fit them in.

My GP has advised me to go swimming because of my ankle pain but i am not going anywhere near the pool untill i lose my weight. I'm thinking i might arrange to have some porper swimming lessons when i decide to go because i would really like to sort out my technique so that i know i am using my muscles properly.

I might try aquaerobics too, my friends say its lots of fun.

xx

I think walking is the best. You can do it at any time, anywhere, wear what you like and it's free. :) If you have joint problems then swimming is definitely great too.

Bethany, If you could make a routine of using your exercise bike for 20 minutes EVERY morning you'd soon see the difference it makes toning up hips and thighs. Get the tape measure out first and record hip/thigh/waist measurements now and every month. You'll love the results!

That is what I did about 5 years ago when I did rosemary conley's diet. With 20 minutes cycling every morning I lost a lot off hips and legs.
Then last year I tried lipotrim instead and didn't bother exercising... and lost most off my tum but very little off hips and legs.

Back