Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

losing weight to try for a baby?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Leeanne910, 9 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Leeanne910

Leeanne910 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Is there any one who is losing weight before trying for a baby?

I am with 54lbs to go! Idealy by September!

Be nice to speak n share journey with people x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hiya, I was 15.5stone & H & I had been trying for 2 years with no joy. The dr told me to lose weight & it should help. Hey presto 1 stone down I was pregnant.

My son is now 2 & I've also got a 10 week old daughter.

It definitely helps things xx

4. Leeanne910

Leeanne910 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I already have a 4 yr old but wanna be at target this time so I feel much more me in pregnency and after birth.

I gained 2 stone when I was weighed after I had him. God knows how much in pregnancy. This time I want less to lose lol

5. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

I am trying to lose weight to have a baby. I have just recently purchased a clearblue monitor, shall use it on Tuesday when my period probably arrive :cry:

6. Leeanne910

Leeanne910 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What's a clear blue monitor? I kno they do tests!

X

7. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hey hun
    I am trying to loose about 4-5 stone by aug as we want to try for baby no2.
    I was 17 stone when I fell with my son and had a nightmare pregnancy which ended in a crash c section. I don't know if it was a contributor but all the way through every single midwife commented on my weight so this time I want to be slimmer so I give myself a chance.

Pm me if you want a buddy? Xxx

8. sarah83

sarah83 I will be a yummy mummy!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,
    I'm trying for a baby at the moment so trying to lose weight at the same time (plus will be trying to minimise gain when I am pregnant too!)

But please come along and join our mummy wannabes team - for people trying at the moment, and people wanting to lose weight before trying for a baby...

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams/181926-mummy-wannabes-january-challenge.html

It's a bit quiet at the mo but could be a great place for us to chat about how we're doing and how we're feeling x

9. emmaleonie1984

emmaleonie1984 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimminworld
    I have got a 14 month old, she was our little suprise concieved when i was 13 stone and overweight. Im not even heavier, 2 stone infact so I want to loose this as we want to TTC number 2 in october time. x

10. Leeanne910

Leeanne910 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey :)

I subscribed to the thread above and have just posted on it :)

11. Qua Sae

Qua Sae Full Member

I was told I had PCOS about a year ago & have been trying to lose weight since.. Slimming World seems to be the only thing that helps!
    I don't ovulate at all, so no periods & no babies :( My Dr reckons that if I can lose just 10% of my weight then I might have a better chance of conceiving - although I would, ideally, like to get to my target weight first (which means losing around 5 stones).

Sometimes the thought of being able to have a child is the only thing that keeps me going.

12. Addibelle

Addibelle A happy downward spiral

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Justmegemmy, I could have written your post myself. Same. *hugs*

13. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Oh god that's so sad to read. I hope u get your wishes. X hugs. X

14. Leeanne910

Leeanne910 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I feel for u Hun. I wish I could day I know how u feel but I can't :( I just know how I would feel without my child! And if I could
    Never have a child. I am blessed.

I'm sure if you focus on your goal weight and then try it will give you something to focus on! :) I have 4stone 5 to lose. I know I can do it as I was so close before so I'm sure u can :) xxxx

Wish u all the best!!!! And have u worked out how
    Much u need to lose to lose 10% of your weight x

15. Qua Sae

Qua Sae Full Member

Oh lilaloves, I am so sorry to hear that :( It is so difficult to go through this, if you ever need to chat, please PM me. We'll get there, I know it!

Fatty_no_more - It is hard, most of my friends have children, all by accident & it kills me. Especially as one of them doesn't seem to want her baby as much as I wish for one! It was incredibly difficult to hear her tell me how having her daughter ruined her life! :(

Leeanne910 - Thinking of having a baby is what stopped me falling off the wagon this evening when I wanted chocolates!
    10% of my weight is about 10kg & I have lost half so far. I have two options after that - Number one is to stay on the pill (Which is the only thing giving me regular periods atm) & try to get to a healthy weight = healthier pregnancy.. Or the Drs told me that once I lose 10% they would be willing to try fertility treatments. As much as it kills me, I think I'd much rather wait to reach a better weight so I can have a better experience.

You are blessed & it is wonderful that you know it. Some people take their children for granted & that's sad :(

16. Safia

Safia Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I want to try for a third baby and having difficulty getting pregnant which is probably because i'm my heaviest right now. Me and my husband have decided to have a break from ttc and for me to focus on losing my weight. Also my second pregnancy was hell because i was very heavy and had loads of probs with my hipsx

17. Leeanne910

Leeanne910 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi safia!!

How much u want to lose?
    For my second pregnancy I want a smooth labour n I kno if i'm overweight/obese then it won't help factors!!

Xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.