Losingit's losing it journey

Going to Spain, somewhere warm, not too expensive, with great beaches for my daughter to play in. Our last trip abroad was to the Canary Islands, in January 2012 when i weighed 19 stone... quite a difference, i'm hoping to fit in the plane seat better!

Ooooh yay!!! That sounds lovely!! How long have u booked it for?

Ahhhh how exciting!!! Bet u will feel so much better :)

I'll be the same as you this year I will be smaller and won't have the embarrassment of the seatbelt struggle! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

We are going for a week over Easter, beginning of April, it'll be my little girl's 5th birthday too, can't believe she is going to be 5, my little baby has gone! I did want to take her to Disneyland Paris but it was ridiculously expensive and we'd only end up with 2 days away, so Spain won out as we get a whole week in the sun for half the price. I'm still too big to be sunbathing in any kind of swimwear but i sure do feel a million times smaller / more confident / happier than i did 12 months ago when i remember sweating it out on the beach in my jeans as that was the only clothes i had that fit me!

Awww that's even better!! I know!!! My sons 6 in June it's actually upsetting how fast they grow :(

Ohhh yes it is ridiculously expensive!! Absoloutly agree a week in the sun is better than 2 days!

You will both have a fab time!! Xxx

Ooh how lovely. You see such sights on the beach no-one will take any notice of you and let's face it you're not going to see any of those people again so why worry! Just stick a sarong on, enjoy yourself and sod em all :D

Benalmadena on the south cost, wanted somewhere that had places to wander around and visit and see, but without being in the middle of chaos and noise.

Going to start 1 week trial of Slim & Save, from tomorrow. Think i'll be around 14 stone 9 at least, 6lbs heavier than my lightest on the 'fat fast' .. should be able to shift those 6lbs easily on S&S though. Was feeling brave when i ordered it yesterday and thought i'd try the mixed box with all the flavours, but now i have it here and i'm looking through i'm not feeling quite so enthusiastic, some of the "meals" look to be a bit yucky and i'm nervous about the soups... normally when i VLCD i just have shakes and nothing else. Well, once hunger kicks in i'll probably eat anything so we'll see and i can always order some more.

Had a 'last supper' tonight of chinese special fried rice.

Oooh my friend and her bf go there a lot they say it's lovely!

Hmmm just have a blast an see what u think, u may be pleasently suprised :)

Xxc

I really really want to go and live in either Spain or the Canaries, absolutely love it, love the language, everything. Just don't want to upset my 4 year old as she is so settled at school here in the UK, and we live a couple of miles from family here and see them almost every day, it'd kill my mom and dad not to see their only grandchild so much. It keeps eating away at me as i keep considering whether to take the plunge or not but when it comes down to it i just don't think i can, i'm too chicken.

re. s&s, this is the first time for me too, i've done Exante in the past. I like the idea of having 4 packs a day instead of 3 on Exante, and the bigger choice of flavours especially the milkshakes... S&S have some really nice sounding shakes.

I think i'm in the wrong section now, but nevermind, will stay for now because based on past experience with VLCD's i won't be on S&S for too many weeks.

Can't believe i'm up to 14 stone 10.5lbs! More than 7lb gained in the past couple of days, to be expected of course as it's water weight but it's still a shocker and i feel bloated and yuk.

S&S day 1 today then, here goes.

Don't worry about where the diary should be, just stay here as you said you will be back to atkins again. Good luck with s&s.

Yes do keep your diary here, losingit - you're one of the Atkins buddies now :D

Spain sounds lovely, you are going to have the best time!

I really really want to go and live in either Spain or the Canaries, absolutely love it, love the language, everything. Just don't want to upset my 4 year old as she is so settled at school here in the UK, and we live a couple of miles from family here and see them almost every day, it'd kill my mom and dad not to see their only grandchild so much. It keeps eating away at me as i keep considering whether to take the plunge or not but when it comes down to it i just don't think i can, i'm too chicken.

re. s&s, this is the first time for me too, i've done Exante in the past. I like the idea of having 4 packs a day instead of 3 on Exante, and the bigger choice of flavours especially the milkshakes... S&S have some really nice sounding shakes.

I wanted to move to Spain too but my daughter's dad would never allow it (we're divorced). Nice idea but would never happen :(

Let me know how you find S&S as I may give it a shot in the future. As soon as I get down to 10-13 I stall and still have at least another 7lbs to go after that to be in a healthy range!

S&S is a lot nicer than Exante in terms of taste... yummy products.

re, moving abroad and awkward ex's, mine would never agree to me moving out of the country either, but in my case it would be fairly simple for me to go to court and get the necessary paperwork. My ex is in prison and has never had any contact with my daughter, he's pretty dangerous and although he has no relationship with my daughter he likes to be awkward at every possible opportunity. In any case, if you can show the judge that you are thinking of your child's best interests and giving them the opportunity of a lifetime to go abroad then there is a chance you'd be able to go ahead.

So.... yesterday, i ate too many S&S packs cos i was struggling with the hunger, AND i had some protein extra. Probably had around 1400 calories total for the day. Today, much better, don't feel so hungry and just ate my last S&S pack, 4 for the day. Think i can last from now until bedtime, maybe a nice coffee later and that'll do me just fine.

Morning hun :)

I had some extra protien on day one, does us no harm ;)

Hope ur well today xxx

I'm great thanks, got bad taste in my mouth so know i'm in ketosis, and i'm not so hungry anymore. The longer i do keto type diets it seems the quicker i get into K even after a major carb break... the first couple of times i did it, it took almost a whole week, now it's less than 2 to 3 days.

I have a short term target i want to hit, 26th February, just 11 days away. I am going to visit my business partners in Spain. I'll only be there for one day, first time i've ever left my daughter so it's going to be hard for me. For the diet, i just want to get back to my lowest, 14stone3... maybe i'll achieve it if i stay S&S 100%. I booked an exit row seat on the plane which flashed up with a warning that you cannot sit there if you are pregnant, disabled, and most importantly NEED A SEATBELT EXTENSION. Last time i flew i was 19 stone and managed to get my seatbelt done up on one flight but not on another, i was too embarrassed to ask for an extension at the time so i covered it up with my arm and pretended it fit. Well, i'm more than 4 stone lighter than back then so i SHOULD be ok, hopefully easyjet have long enough seatbelts.

Back to S&S, the macaroni cheese pack tasted yummy. I didn't hold out much hope for it based on how it looked when it came out the packet but it tasted great. I haven't come across a pack i don't like yet, although i'll save the tomato ones until i get desperate as i'm not a fan or tomato. I have ordered some more supplies so i can continue anyway.

Hey hun!! Yep I'm the same i seem to go into K quicker each time!

Ooooh a day trip to Spain! Can I join you :D

Let me know how it goes with easyjet, I'm flying out with them in sept, never used them before!

Glad ur liking the pacs! That was my first reaction to the mac cheese to but it's yum over broccoli and caulli!

Have a lovely day xxx

Back