Losingit's losing it journey

You just have some water weight still lurking around from your off plan days. Give it a full week and I'm sure it will be gone.

Yes, hopefully its just water weight. Still sticking to plan and not letting the gain upset me too much and looking forward to a good loss next week if all goes well.

And with the exercise too don't forget!!

Won't be a real gain :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Everyone on here is being so kind and supportive when i keep messing up i feel really guilty now... because i've messed up big time yet again! McDonalds today, and it didn't even taste good! And porridge for breakfast, two bowlfuls. And i have a cold, woke up with no voice and feel really ickky which don't help. Feeling sorry for myself and very guilty.

Starting again from now. grrrrrrr what's wrong with me, thought i'd overcome this silliness months back!

Ive put two pounds on as well:( I had a couple of jd and coke zeros on Friday and some donner meat from takeaway really sad:( xx

Don't worry hun the main thing is your jumping back on :) it happens to us all at some point xxx

Last edited:
I know it's easy to say but you need to be in the right place to be able to keep on track with any diet. I had a whole year where I just couldn't deal with dieting as well as life. When I started in April I thought I'd last a week and have somehow ended up here 7 months later never having eaten a mouthful off plan unless it was planned. My head was in the right place and it clicked. The worst thing you can feel do is feel guilty if it's just not a good time for you right now. It will be. Don't beat yourself up xx

Exactly what ML says!

Feeling guilty for a slip (or in my case, a full on tumble down a big hill!) won't get your head back where it needs to be.

There will be lots of challenges and a few slips along the way, so don't feel bad, just try to get back to l/c when you can if that's the woe for you :)

low carb / atkins is the ONLY weight loss method that has ever worked for me longer term, this is the only way i'm going to lose weight and keep it off. I guess one thing i should be thankful for is that i'm not piling on several stone at a time, these slip ups are generally only a few pounds at a time at most. Thanks for the great words of wisdom.

Had a really bad stomach today, not sure if i've got a bug or if it's a reaction to the carb overload - i think it's more likely to be the carbs. I'm actually pleased about this cos it puts me off carb overloading in the near future.

Been thinking about what you kind folk have written above, and realising that when my time is ready to lose, i will lose. I think i need to be a little kinder to myself, between now and the end of the year it would be a good achievement to instead focus on not gaining and maintaining my weight rather than fretting about not losing 2lb a week. Even maintaining will be a real achievement and i have lost more than 4 stone this year so i should be pleased with myself.

Because of the medication i'm on, i have to have regular blood tests. One of the side effects of the pills is raised blood lipids. Well, a couple of weeks ago i had a blood test and then forgot all about it. So i phoned the dr today to get the results. All my bloods came back perfect! This is the result of being on Atkins (on and off) for almost 12 months, eating high fat. Just over a year ago i had high lipids in my blood and raised liver enzymes - the dr asked me if i was an alcoholic because of the results, which i'm not, i only drink maybe one glass of wine a year on christmas day as i'm not a big fan of alcohol, he said it could be as a result of obesity hurting my liver too.

Hope that makes sense it looks a bit confused. Anyway, what it means is that before Atkins, on high carb diet = several 'high' results for blood lipids and liver enzymes, after Atkins = perfectly normal results despite expectation of problems due to my drugs, and despite eating tons of 'evil fats' every day. Couldn't be happier with all this!

Using this as motivation to kick myself back into the Atkins routine.

Atkins is the only diet that works for me too accept vlcd!

That's brill news on the blood results hun xxx

That's great news! No more fatty liver means that you've lost weight in the most important place which is round your organs. We usually only think about what we can see, but that aspect of it is so so important. A brill result what with being on the meds, too.

Thanks everyone :)

Talking of fat around the organs... i got to go on a fat monitor thingy not long ago that measures your total bodyfat and visceral (organ) fat too. My bodyfat was something like 44% which is expected since i am still at least 5 stone overweight, but the visceral reading came out at the high end of 'normal' - which i found quite strange considering how overweight i am. But it's also good news of course as visceral fat is the most dangerous one.

My conclusion from all of this is that Atkins is the best, most healthiest diet out there and i never have to be afraid of eating fat again. Got my motivation back, :).

Weigh in day, had a STS this week which i'm OK about. As long as weight isn't going upwards all is good :).

Great news on ur sts :)

Have a lovely day xxx

Had a bit of an "aha" moment today as to why i think i've been falling off the wagon so much lately.

I started logging all my food intake in MFP about a month ago and looking at the calorie count out of curiosity. Before this i never had a clue how many calories i was eating and just ignored it as per the Atkins plan. Ever since i started logging everything i have been falling off the wagon continuously. Even though calories are not meant to be counted, i think writing it all down has subconsciously led to me reducing my intake to keep the calories super low (usually under 1400/day) which in turn is making me feel really hungry and then making bad food choices - all this is amplified because i've been exercising pretty heavily as well. This week i've stopped logging everything and i'm probably eating at least 2000 cal and more but i feel satisfied and haven't wanted to stray from plan. Weight is also dropping due to getting back into ketosis. Eating more food and feeling happier, what a relief.

Hopefully that's me sorted now (if only.... lol, but i can hope).

I used to do the same, guestimate and overdo portions, its good to bring it back in line sometimes a real eye opener!

Whatever works for you is what you should do. (I'm in Captain Obvious mode this morning! ;))

I'm the complete opposite in that I started weighing and tracking because I suspected that I was undereating, and I was absolutely right. Ketosis totally hammered my appetite in the beginning and I turned out to be eating a fairly pathetic 800-900 calories per day - I was practically on a VLCD without realising it! Weighing and tracking forced me to get real about how much food I was consuming and to up it to sensible levels.

We are all so different! :)

Back