Loss has slowed down

phr1976

Morning all - I wonder if anyone had any advice, I am in the middle of my 4th week and during week 3 and this week my losses have slowed right down - last week was 4lb and at this rate my weigh in will be around 3lb.

I am fully in TFR and have not come out at all - I am having shakes, soups and flapjacks - and gallons of water daily.

I don't have any ketostix to test (will order some) but I can't see how I can come out of ketosis. But I do notice that some of the usual symptoms of ketosis I had in the first week are not as visible.

Anyone got any ideas ? Don't get me wrong I am really happy with losing anything - I think I was just hoping it was going to be a little more and get this finished quicker lol

Thanks all

Paul

I think it's normal to have slow down and then have a quicker week in a couple of weeks.

I read somewhere that the body retains water in the fat cells sometimes, especially after the cells have lost a lot of fat, it's something about the body not being sure the cells are going to fill with fat again and the body temporarily fills them with water.

Then when the body carries on losing the fat the cells empty the water, that's why you can have a 2lb loss one week, followed by a 6lb loss.

Ah thats good to know Angie - I was beginning to think I was doing something wrong - I have done the diet before and whilst there may have been the odd week with a smaller loss its always been a one off..

Thanks again

Paul

I am having the same problem on week 4/5 I also have done nothing to jeopardise my loss. I am glad others have experienced the same. We all just to keep going! Well done for your loss up to now

Hi Jintz - Yes definitely slowed down, I have been averaging around 4lb per week after it has settled down - I did manage a couple of short gym sessions last week which managed to energise me a little and I think help with my metabolism a little. Only had the energy to walk a little until now.

I did this diet in 2012 for 9 months and I had a few 3lb weeks and it did upset me at the time I eventually got to target though, also exercise builds muscle and there fore generally weighs more ,hope it sorts it self soon for u though

Thanks for your replies I started re-feeding on Thursday. I can't believe how full I am! I now have the worry of the weight gain. I have fully stuck to the program so hopefully I will continue to lose but if not, maintain will do.

Thanks for your replies I started re-feeding on Thursday. I can't believe how full I am! I now have the worry of the weight gain. I have fully stuck to the program so hopefully I will continue to lose but if not, maintain will do.
When I refeed I continued to lose I also did the refeed for a month cos I lost so much
Good luck

Back