Losses on Atkins??

That's_So_Fetch

Gold Member
Hi all, i was thinking of doing Atkins for a month or so whilst i take a break from CD and was wondering what kind of losses you have on Atkins??

I am interested to know what the losses are like for the induction phase and for when you start to add carbs.

On CD, i average about 3lbs a week on about 42g carbs a day and about 400cals a day.

I look forward to your replies :) xx

Last edited:
hey mb, i would give it a shot, i done Lipotrim for 2-3 weeks and lost a stone then switched onto atkins and lost another stone in the same time, my cals went up but carbs down and as i was in ketosis i didnt come out of it.... I had a break for a month cos of sis wedding and just couldnt get back into it but i now starting again on monday and by the way i didnt put any weight back on the time i was off it, i just felt terrible so thats why i going back on and cos i want to lose some more weight obvisiouly

I think you should consider it, once you get your head round it there is loads to eat and people are not as bad with you on it as in all the comments, but you still need to drink loads of water

good luck in your decision, let us know what you decide x

sam x

When I did induction I lost the same as I normally do in the first 2 weeks of starting CD, about 12lbs. After that it slowed to about 2-3lbs but considering you are eating thats pretty good (this was still on the induction progamme), although I got fed up of the meat and dairy stuff quite fast and the veggies etc you can have on induction are very limited. I started not wanting to eat at all ( the novelty wore off and due to ketosis i didnt feel hungry) which in some ways is a good thing but in others i think perhaps that wasnt good for me. Good idea if u need a break for a short while and dont wanna come out of ketosis but plan to return to CD after tho xx

Thank you for your replies, i was beginning to think that no1 was about.

At the mo, i am still doing SS but i hope to do the induction phase of Atkins from monday. I am planning on basing my meals on fish, chicken and eggs and having 1 CD shake a day (14g) + a few veg/salad. I will be fasting during ramadan and i need extra cals for to get me through 16 hours of fasting a day, so i would rather do Atkins and stay in ketosis than do the higher plans of CD and be hungry due to not being in ketosis. Sorry if that sounds confusing.

I have a few questions though. Do we still have to drink about 3-4 litres of water as you do on CD to get good losses?? I dont think i can drink so much as i can only eat and drink at sunrise and sunset.

Also, my mum is thinking of joining me on Atkins but was wondering if you get the carb withdrawal effects as you would on first couple of days of CD?? I would think you do as its similar to CD.

I am planning on returning to CD SS in the last week of September & i cant wait wait, CD is so much simpler.

Thanks again for your replies :) xx

hi hun,

yes water is just as important doing atkins as CD, and yes your mum will get withdrawl from carbs, 'tip', mum to cut out all carbs now apart from green/white veg and salad.

hartleys sugar free jellys are allowed which give you the sugar kick or double cream with lemon in and some splenda sugar.

good luck

sue x

hi hun,

yes water is just as important doing atkins as CD, and yes your mum will get withdrawl from carbs, 'tip', mum to cut out all carbs now apart from green/white veg and salad.

hartleys sugar free jellys are allowed which give you the sugar kick or double cream with lemon in and some splenda sugar.

good luck

sue x

Thanks for the reply :). I will try to continue to drink the water but i'm sure i'll be up all night on the loo, oh well, lol.

I will try to help mum cut down on the carbs over the weekend. But i am not sure if she will want to do it now as from monday she cant drink any water in the day to ease off any carb withdrawal effects.

Hartley sugar free jelly sounds so yummy. How much carbs does it contain? I love the orange flavour, mmmm, yum yum.

Thanks again for your reply. I hope you're having a fab day on the diet :) xx

Hey hun, you only need to drink 2.5l of water on CD, there is a thread somewhere explaining that actually drinking more water than that has no proven benefits... but it is important to stay hydrated.

Withdrawal is exactly the same as on CD, and I would say if you are going to use CD packs (14g carbs) on induction then you need to remember that you will only have 6g left and veggies contain a lot of carbs, so you need to make sure you don't go over the 20g limit, and if using CD that may main not being able to eat veggies... so I would suggest considering that face and I think your conclusion may well be that there is no real benefit of using 1 CD pack a day (as you would need 3 a day to get your RDA anyway and if it means no veggies, theres no way of getting your full amount so maybe dropping the packs would be a better idea). Your decision tho hun xx

Hey hun, you only need to drink 2.5l of water on CD, there is a thread somewhere explaining that actually drinking more water than that has no proven benefits... but it is important to stay hydrated.

Withdrawal is exactly the same as on CD, and I would say if you are going to use CD packs (14g carbs) on induction then you need to remember that you will only have 6g left and veggies contain a lot of carbs, so you need to make sure you don't go over the 20g limit, and if using CD that may main not being able to eat veggies... so I would suggest considering that face and I think your conclusion may well be that there is no real benefit of using 1 CD pack a day (as you would need 3 a day to get your RDA anyway and if it means no veggies, theres no way of getting your full amount so maybe dropping the packs would be a better idea). Your decision tho hun xx

Hi sweets, thanks for the advice. I think i should be ok drinking 2.5 litres, i usually have about 3.5 on CD neway.

The only reason i am thinking of using CD packs are because they are more convenient. With it being ramadan i will have to be up at 3am to eat and making a shake is much quicker than making a meal. I was also thinking of having some chicken breast with abit of spices that i will steam the night before. Plus i will also have to drink 1 litre of water before 4am, so that'll make me pretty full and bloated :(

I guess i could use my 20g carbs in the evening but i was only planning on having some steamed fish with some dry parsley sprinkled on it and then some more water. I can eat from 8pm but will spend most of the night doing extra prayers and drinking about 1.5 litres of water and then trying to get to sleep early so i can be up again for 3am.

Its going to be a difficult month because of how long i have to fast and i have thought of maybe trying to go healthy rather than CDing or low carbing but i dont want to gain and its takin me so long to get back to CD SS.

I'm not sure what to do, will have to think about it. Either way i will be eating less in september because i will be fasting for most of the day.

Just a question though, does anyone know how i could make up 20g carbs with veg?? I only really want to eat maybe brocalli or something low carb.

Thanks again for your help :) xx

Back