Losses slowed down - help!

spottydoris

Determined to succeed!
Hi all...

I have posted in my diary but don't tend to get much 'traffic' over there, so thought I'd reach out for answers over here in the main board.

In my first week I stayed away from the scales and on Tuesday morning I had a first weigh in result of -7.5lbs which I was happy with.

This week I have been less abstinent and have been scale hopping day and night (stupid Spotty)... and the results are really starting to pee me off.

Here they are:

Tues AM: 12st 11.25lbs

Tues PM: 12st 12lbs

Weds AM: 12st 9.75lbs (YEY!)
~spent day in London, being really good, no cheating, lots of marching around getting trains, tubes etc~
Weds PM: 12st 12.5lbs (sob)

Thurs AM: 12st 10.75lbs (cry)
~again, really tough day in training and had to sit through a pub dinner with a glass of tap water to console me... finally get home, want a 'well done' on the scale and...~
Thurs PM: 12st 12.75lbs (tragic)

Fri AM: 12st 10.5lbs (starting to lose my sense of humour)

Ok - now, I know I am 0.75lbs less than I was on Tuesday morning, but I should be losing faster than that surely!?

Any tips on how to kick start some losses? I haven't eaten a single thing bar 3 packs, drinking water, black coffee and sweetener, have had 2 bouillon drinks (one about 3 days apart), and spread a bottle of coke zero over about 3 days to sip when I have my bar...

I do have sweeteners in my shakes (2/3 tablets in each shake) - I cannot stomach the aftertaste otherwise - too bland and soya-ry.

Help please!

Honeestly if these results are going to get you down then stop daily weighing !!! You are less than you were on tues so you are still loosing , a lot of people ( myself included ) will stay the same for 3-4 days then drop 3-4 lb overnight !! Dont weigh in the afternoon as I can be up to 6lb more in the afternoon than the morning ....the body is complex in the way it looses weigh .. its not consistant , so you wont loose 0.5 lb every day , but you WILL loose and you will loose a good amount ,make sure you are drinking enough water and sticking to it and you cannot fail , just give it a few days and you will see a good loss , promise :)

I weight heavier at night, weigh your self once a week,other wise you will feel how you feel now, deflated :( I did nothing different one week and lost nothing :( then the next week I lost 6lb :) our bodys do strange things but the weight will xome off if your following the diet :) goodluck
Deb x

Thanks ladies - I know what you are saying it right, it's just such a bummer when you are all excited and get that staring back up at you.

I should count my lucky stars that I am not still a size 24 with 6 stone to lose... it's all within such close grasp now that just want it to hurry up!

Another thing that I struggle to understand is that the whole way through LL and Exante (in 2010) I found that I was lighter in the evening than in the mornings... I guess because I was peeing so much and burning off fat... I dunno. I need to get that out of my head. I have always been a bit backward - I also am the lightest during my TOTM (diet or no diet), which is a mystery. Ho hum! ;)

Thanks for the kick up the butt... won't have scales all weekend on the coast, so that will hopefully help!

Spots xx

Back