Losses too Quick??

ladyantionette

Hello its my first two weeks CC'in and I have found my weight loss has been massive. I have lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks.

I cant understand why its such a drastic amount - I am not extreemly overweight and only looking to loose 16lbs.

I have eaten 1300-1500 cals per day, the only thing I can think off is that im not eating enough when I excercise or its because its my first few weeks and after binging for what seems months it is quite alot. Or water weight?

I know its not something to be sad about but I want to have a nice healthy 2lbs per week loss rather than loosing it all and put it all back on.

Any ideas? :wavey:

Hows the 8lbs broken down? How many week 1 and how many week 2

Also, how much exercise have you been doing? (What exercises specifically, for how long, how often etc.?) Did you start an exercise regimen when you started counting?

I wouldn't say that's extreme for the first 2 weeks, especially since you say you were scoffing loads before hand. A lot of your initial weigh will have been from being bloated as i expect you were consuming a lot of salt etc...as soon as you have started eating healthily your body has got rid of it. I reckon about half of that 8lbs would have been water retention.

Just my opinion though i'm no expert.

I bet you start to see nice steady losses now.

Well done sounds like you have made a fantastic effort :D

I have always trained 1 - 2 times a week which is probably the reason I didnt put on more weight than I have.

I lost 5lbs the first week 3lbs the second week. I have been training 3 - 4 times a week (mostly 4) been mixing circuits, running and mountain hiking, and if im honest I have been doing alot of walking with my dog too (but never really classed that as excercise, which I suppose it is really all adds up)

Im weighing again friday so will let you know how much I loose this week.

Last edited:
It's probably a mixture of water weight and glycogen weight falling off, loss of lean muscle tissue along with fat, and the fact that you're exercising a lot compared to what you're consuming. If you're concerned by muscle loss (some people don't care, others are paranoid about losing muscle), then try to make sure you're eating a fair amount of your exercise calories back, and/or incorporate more protein and resistance training. If you're happy with your eating / don't want to eat more, and aren't bothered about muscle loss, then try to have the odd treat / high cal day to ward off a plateau. The good news is that if you've been hungry, you can definitely afford to eat more if you want to :)

I've also lost 8lb in 2wks.....I'm not worried as I know this always happens to me at the beginning and it will naturally slow down. I just put it down to fluid and cutting out salty snacks like crisps etc.

Back