Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Losses too Quick??

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by ladyantionette, 7 June 2011 Social URL.

1. ladyantionette

ladyantionette Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Calorie Counting
    Hello its my first two weeks CC'in and I have found my weight loss has been massive. I have lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks.

I cant understand why its such a drastic amount - I am not extreemly overweight and only looking to loose 16lbs.

I have eaten 1300-1500 cals per day, the only thing I can think off is that im not eating enough when I excercise or its because its my first few weeks and after binging for what seems months it is quite alot. Or water weight?

I know its not something to be sad about but I want to have a nice healthy 2lbs per week loss rather than loosing it all and put it all back on.

Any ideas? :wavey:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  4. Fattack

Fattack Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    Also, how much exercise have you been doing? (What exercises specifically, for how long, how often etc.?) Did you start an exercise regimen when you started counting?

5. chocolate_bananas

chocolate_bananas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.69%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I wouldn't say that's extreme for the first 2 weeks, especially since you say you were scoffing loads before hand. A lot of your initial weigh will have been from being bloated as i expect you were consuming a lot of salt etc...as soon as you have started eating healthily your body has got rid of it. I reckon about half of that 8lbs would have been water retention.

Just my opinion though i'm no expert.

I bet you start to see nice steady losses now.

Well done sounds like you have made a fantastic effort :D

6. ladyantionette

ladyantionette Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Calorie Counting
    I have always trained 1 - 2 times a week which is probably the reason I didnt put on more weight than I have.

I lost 5lbs the first week 3lbs the second week. I have been training 3 - 4 times a week (mostly 4) been mixing circuits, running and mountain hiking, and if im honest I have been doing alot of walking with my dog too (but never really classed that as excercise, which I suppose it is really all adds up)

Im weighing again friday so will let you know how much I loose this week.

Last edited: 8 June 2011
  7. Fattack

Fattack Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    It's probably a mixture of water weight and glycogen weight falling off, loss of lean muscle tissue along with fat, and the fact that you're exercising a lot compared to what you're consuming. If you're concerned by muscle loss (some people don't care, others are paranoid about losing muscle), then try to make sure you're eating a fair amount of your exercise calories back, and/or incorporate more protein and resistance training. If you're happy with your eating / don't want to eat more, and aren't bothered about muscle loss, then try to have the odd treat / high cal day to ward off a plateau. The good news is that if you've been hungry, you can definitely afford to eat more if you want to :)

8. kraftykat

kraftykat Member

Start Weight:
    17st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I've also lost 8lb in 2wks.....I'm not worried as I know this always happens to me at the beginning and it will naturally slow down. I just put it down to fluid and cutting out salty snacks like crisps etc.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.