Losses too Quick??

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by ladyantionette, 7 June 2011 Social URL.

1. ladyantionette

ladyantionette Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Calorie Counting
    Hello its my first two weeks CC'in and I have found my weight loss has been massive. I have lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks.

I cant understand why its such a drastic amount - I am not extreemly overweight and only looking to loose 16lbs.

I have eaten 1300-1500 cals per day, the only thing I can think off is that im not eating enough when I excercise or its because its my first few weeks and after binging for what seems months it is quite alot. Or water weight?

I know its not something to be sad about but I want to have a nice healthy 2lbs per week loss rather than loosing it all and put it all back on.

Any ideas? :wavey:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  4. Fattack

Fattack Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    Also, how much exercise have you been doing? (What exercises specifically, for how long, how often etc.?) Did you start an exercise regimen when you started counting?

5. chocolate_bananas

chocolate_bananas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.69%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I wouldn't say that's extreme for the first 2 weeks, especially since you say you were scoffing loads before hand. A lot of your initial weigh will have been from being bloated as i expect you were consuming a lot of salt etc...as soon as you have started eating healthily your body has got rid of it. I reckon about half of that 8lbs would have been water retention.

Just my opinion though i'm no expert.

I bet you start to see nice steady losses now.

Well done sounds like you have made a fantastic effort :D

6. ladyantionette

ladyantionette Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Calorie Counting
    I have always trained 1 - 2 times a week which is probably the reason I didnt put on more weight than I have.

I lost 5lbs the first week 3lbs the second week. I have been training 3 - 4 times a week (mostly 4) been mixing circuits, running and mountain hiking, and if im honest I have been doing alot of walking with my dog too (but never really classed that as excercise, which I suppose it is really all adds up)

Im weighing again friday so will let you know how much I loose this week.

Last edited: 8 June 2011
  7. Fattack

Fattack Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    It's probably a mixture of water weight and glycogen weight falling off, loss of lean muscle tissue along with fat, and the fact that you're exercising a lot compared to what you're consuming. If you're concerned by muscle loss (some people don't care, others are paranoid about losing muscle), then try to make sure you're eating a fair amount of your exercise calories back, and/or incorporate more protein and resistance training. If you're happy with your eating / don't want to eat more, and aren't bothered about muscle loss, then try to have the odd treat / high cal day to ward off a plateau. The good news is that if you've been hungry, you can definitely afford to eat more if you want to :)

8. kraftykat

kraftykat Member

Start Weight:
    17st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I've also lost 8lb in 2wks.....I'm not worried as I know this always happens to me at the beginning and it will naturally slow down. I just put it down to fluid and cutting out salty snacks like crisps etc.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.