Lost 2st 9lbs in 7wks - Cambridge Diet!

Hi Hun

Firstly a BIG well done on getting through day one!

I drink 4 litres of water a day - was told 2 1/2 was the minimum and Im sure thats 4 pints.???

The tetras as far as I know are more concentrated so you need the extra water to help the nutrients. Im sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that one!

How come you are only having the tetras hun? I would get so bored as I don't like Banana!

I get weighed on the 9th April by my CDC and then fortnightly as its a 30 minute drive away or else I would go weekly! I am also weighing myself on a sunday as that will be my weekly mark (started on a sunday!)

Good luck for tomorrow hun and get drinking that water!

xx

Hi Jools! me sipping on a Choc Tetra as i sit here at my laptop :) I bought pint glasses so that i knew for sure i was drinking 5pts a day (i know i should drink more but i find it sooooo hard!) I bought a pack of 6 and i've made sure my friends all have a glass so that if i'm visiting at lunch time i know i can still have my 2 pts and of course i bring along one of my Tetras, lol! ;)

Thankyou for the info on the Tetras :) Right now i seem to be having the Banana one for breakfast and the Choc ones for lunch and dinner. Which of all the shakes, soups and bars do you like? I honestly COULDN'T take to the soup :( The Strawberry shake stands out in my mind so i'm thinking i might get a bunch next time i see my Councillor.

I'm taking the Tetras because i'm not that keen on the soups and many of the shakes and bars. I do enjoy the Tetras and it kinda reminds me of being on Slimfast as i used to take the Choc and the Banana one years back,lol! (As you can see i've never really got to grips with my weight,lol!)

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow!! Can't wait to log on and find out how you've done :)

Hi Hun

I love all of the soup I dont like anything banana and I hate the fruits of the forest shakes!

Ive had today .. strawberry shake .. choc tetra and a chicken & mushroom soup. delicious!

Weigh in tomorrow and Im really nervous but will let ya know!

xx

Hi Jools :) I CANNOT, believe you like ALL, of the soups! lol! Lucky you though, as it means you have more of a selection ;)
I know i'm in Ketosis as i havent felt hungry the past couple of days and i'm feeling great! I'm on day5 now. Can't wait for my first week to be over :) Drinking the water has become easier aswell!! lol! The good thing about drinking the Tetras is i feel fuller for longer. Today i didn't have my first shake till midday and my second at 4.30.

Well done hun ... you are getting there now. Day 5 already!

I find the more water I drink the more I want!

When do you weigh in hun?

xx

Day 6 here for me and i must admit i feel great and i've never had a weak moment, touch wood,lol! Yes the first 3 days were touch and go! My first weigh in is Tues 29th April at 9am as i wanted to do the diet for a month before getting a weigh in, although my Councillor has said if i want to get weighed before that then i can go along.

I spoke to my Councillor last night about Herbal Teas and she said as long as there were no fruits in them we can have them. So last night i had a Pure Camomile tea,lol, and it's true what they say about it, "Camomile is reputed to have calming and relaxing properties" I felt so relaxed when i went to bed :) Going to have one each night before bedtime :)

Hey feathers, to work out your 10% you would work out your weight in pounds which is 214.5lbs divide that by 10 which is 21.45lbs, so your 10% is about a stone and a half.

best of luck, think I'll join u!

Hi Hon,
Well, last year btwn Jan-March I lost all that I wanted to on CD! Hurray! Then, similiar to you, I got very stressed with some things which happened in my life (daughter has severe allergies, I'm a single mom and running own business and work problems and health probs myself, then wonderful man enters my life and has traumatic bereavement and health probs..., etc). I gained a lot of weight back, and right now I am now on antidepressants, and having severe migraines menstrual and just random severe headaches through out the month and my blood pressure is so high that the docs want me to go up to the next class of medication (which I don't want cos it means its harder to have another baby).
I now have a chink of light at the end of the tunnel - a lovely holiday in mid-May so I need to shift that stone (and a bit more is always nice) and get my health back in a month - is that possible I ask myself?
On the question of exercise, when I did CD last year, I DID go to the gym. When I was on 3 shakes a day I felt a bit weird (my face went numb when I did cardio exercise) and I probably shouldn't have gone overboard but and hour and a half at the gym was a distraction from food then and warmed me up cos it was January!
This time because of my headaches and high blood pressure I will take it easy for the first two weeks and then introduce more gym work to try and shift the weight before the hols.
Last time I also paid for transion sessions to tone the flab up (search my posts from last year) and there is a treatment called Arysys which seems even better - it might give you some incentive too because you can see bits tighten up and it feels like it tones at the time.
Best of luck babe and I am going to try and keep posting to keep myself motivated - hope you can do the same.
Love
Cx

Hi minime :) thankyou sooo much for explaining how to work out 10% of my body weight! That was so good of you to take the time to do that :) So, a stone and a half ..... I'm actually hoping to lose that when i go for my first weigh in after doing this diet for a month :) we'll see,lol! ;)

Hi Clairabellx :) I'm so sorry to hear your not doing too well just now health wise :/ I really hope things start to improve, fast! Since i started back on this diet i actually feel so much more relaxed and healthy. I get that "slim" feeling when i wake,lol! :)
Yes you can lose a stone in a month if you really set your heart and soul on it!!! :) Go girl!! You know you can do it, you've done it all before, AND, you have the added push of a wonderful holiday :))
Wow! An hour and a half in the gym?? and doing Cambridge?? Didn't you feel weak at all? This is one of the things that actually worries me :( I haven't done any exercise since restarting the diet this time, but, i was thinking about Roller Blading :)
Yes i've used Arysys in the past (05) and spent a total fortune,lol! It did seem to work right enough. I actually think i would have benefited more from it if i had been slimmer with a little tummy that needed firming up rather than a mass of it,lol! Know what i mean? :)

So glad your joining me here :) we can help each other and other peeps that read! ;)

Day 12 for me now and i'm getting sick of the Banana Tetras :( My Councillor called me tonight to see how i was doing and i told her about it and she suggested i try them as an icecream! It totally changes the flavour! So, i have 2 Banana Tetras in my freezer ready for tomorrow :)

Hi Feathers,

The banana tetra ice cream is my staple, but I hate is unfrozen. I also have choc mint shake (made with a pint of water) for breakfast and a choc tetra for lunch.

Yes I did feel a bit weak exercisiong like that, but I used to focus on it warming me up, which I really needed, as the thing that gets me down is feeling constantly cold.

I'm not a fan of the soups but I adore the choc mint milkshake, and will stay on it for life, as I'm not a breakfast fan!

I hope you're pushing on well.

Take care,

Clair

Hi Clair :) Tell me, don't you find the Tetras as an icecream REALLY filling?? I certainly do and it's a better feeling than the feeling after DRINKING them :) I actually feel like i've put something solid in my tum tum,lol! Yes i like the Choc Mint shake aswell! Do you have it as a hot drink or cold? I haven't taken them this time as i'm doing the Tetras only for a month solid, but last time on this diet i had the shakes hot.

Your on Day 3 :) how's it going?

I've not tried them hot but I will do. I can only manage the tetras frozen as otherwise the taste is too intense. But as ice cream, it takes an hour to eat and really keeps me full! Its like a proper meal!
I will try the hot shakes I think. Problem I'm having at the moment is drinking too much water late in the day and peeing all night - gotta get organised to drink more in the morning. I also gave in and weighed this morning and have lost 5lbs but won't put it on the ticker til I'm sure its not just all that water I'm peeing! Lol! Take care,
Cx

Yeah your dead right there,lol it does take about an hour to eat those frozen Tetras :) I'm actually trying the chocolate one tonight for the first time as an icecream :)
I've always had a problem with the water as i've NEVER been a big water drinker!! Here's how i do it -

6.30am - Herbal Tea
between then and 9am i have my first pint of water!
between 9-10am i have my first shake
between 10-12midday i have my second pint of water!

between 12-1pm i have another Herbal Tea
3.30pm i have my third pint of water!
4pm i have my second shake
between 5-6pm i have my fourth pint of water!

7pm i have my fifth pint of water!
7.30pm i have my third shake
between 8-9pm i have my 6th pint of water (which needs a huge push,lol!!)

To finish my day i have a Camomile Tea to relax me :)

Hi Feathers:D

I've just read on another thread that you don't get weighed until the end of the month and you have stayed away from the scales:eek: You must have the willpower of a saint:D

Just one thing though - I didn't think camomile tea was allowed because its a flower and not a leaf tea and could knock you out of ketosis (I think anyway it has been a while since I read up on teas - I stick to green, peppermint and one mug of pg tips;))

Good luck with your WI when it comes.

Hi Lenny :) lol! thanks! I actually got my friend to take my scales out of my flat and i also got rid of my long mirror! This time round i feel so much more determined! I've been using the Tetras ONLY the past 3wks 3dys but today i had a hot Choc Mint shake for breakfast and a Cranberry Crunch Bar for lunch..... although they were my favs before, i really didn't like them this time round :( Looks like i'm going to have to stick to the Tetras! Before you ask, yes i've tried everything :) I'm going to pick up a 3wk supply this time.
Thanks for telling me about the Camomile Tea! I'm going to ask my Councillor about that tomorrow night (she always phones me on a Monday.)
How are you getting on? :)

Hi Feathers
I was thinking...you must spend half your day chipping away at the Tetras, if you have them all frozen!
I have problems fitting in the water because I work the beginning of the week and its non-stop, back to back patients. I also take diuretic tablets for my blood pressure and this means I pee for england in themornings anyway.
On those work days I start my shakes earlier than I'd like really and do find hunger a bit of a problem. I also use the cranberry bars when at work - a bite between patients! But I find I get terrible wind and my stomch is quite painful by the end of the day.
My home working days are far easier - shake at 10am, lots of fizzy water with CD orange flavouring, another shake before school run at about 2.30 then if I'm still performing til late (ie running my daughter about or an evening meeting) and feel a little weak, I have a 'cheat' of a slice of meat or a boiled egg (dont tell my CDC!) but then have the last shake at 7.30pm.
This seems to work well for me, but that said, weekends are a nightmare - I have a long distance boyf and when we see each other, he wants to go out for food, and my family's Sunday revolves around a long lunch. Avoiding these is hard at the moment.
The first time I did CD, I would have a Sunday lunch of meat and green veg (mini portions) or go for a long walk!
I also have decaff tea, no milk (altho I used vanilla shake powder before).
I have decided not to weight myself - I think my tum is flatter tho, which is a good sign and my skin is rapidly improving. I thought I might hold out and do the weekly weigh in.
Take care,

Back