Lost 2st 9lbs in 7wks - Cambridge Diet!

Feathers

Silver Member
Hi everyone :) I did Cambridge for 2wks in Jan and lost just over a stone. Then i became ill with Flu and my diet took a BAD dive :( I then went onto WeightWatchers and lost 13lbs in 5wks, but, due to emotional stress and not to mention my total weakness :sigh: i came off that too, lol! I came across a story of a woman who lost over 8st on Cambridge and i've decided to give it another go ;) Next Wed morning my Councillor is going to weigh me and i'm going to leave with a month supply of shakes! Then on Tues 29th April i'll go back for my first weigh in!

Question - does anyone go to the gym while on Cambridge? I have about 5 or 6 stone to lose, should i wait till i have maybe a couple of stone left before i add exercise? As we take in very little calories my concern was, would it leave me weak??? :eek: Thanks for any help here x x

Hi Feathers..

this is funny I just had this conversation with my friend on the phone.

I had a gym induction this morning and basically the trainer was not a fan of Cambridge, she said that with the low calorie content of the diet that I would be better doing gentle walking for a while as she would be "concerned". So she advised gentle walking and then buliding up to walking until I was out of breath.

So I suppose this is good in a way as it is saving me thirty quid a month that I would have paid in gym fees lol

good luck

Madge

Hi hun

If Im not mistaken from when I last did CD you are advised to do gentle excercise for the first 2 weeks of the diet. Im sure someone else will be along with more info for you but for some reason that sprung to mind!

Good luck on your journey hun!

xx

Good luck for your restart.

The rule with exercise is that you should take it easy for the first couple of weeks to adjust to the low calorie content. After that you should be able to continue with your normal activity as usual (but listen to your body and do less or less strenuous activity if you need to).

I perhaps wouldn't start a new gym regime at the moment, the walking should be sufficient and then perhaps consider the gym when you move up the plans a bit??

x

Also forgot to add that if you exercise you need to up your water intake. Some people find exercise causes them to retain water - the extra water should help to banish that.

GRRRRR!! Don't know how to get rid of my last message there! Sorry Madge, lol!

Hi Madge :) yeah, how strange is that!... I don't think i'll bother with the gym till i've lost a fair bit of weight! I really need to put all my attention on this diet as i need to succeed this time!! It costs me £22 a month at the gym so you and i will start saving and losing from now on, lol! ;)

Hi Jools :) I have a Jack Russell which i walk 3 times a day so that will probably be enough for now eh? I was using the treadmill but i've stopped that now. I know i'll enjoy the gym more once i've lost at least half of my body weight,lol! Toooo much effort right now with my 5ft 1inch frame :)

Hi Dobbie :) thankyou so much for your good advice there :) It really helps to be able to talk with peeps that have gone through the experiences x x

Good luck!!

Hi Nic :) wow! I wouldn't know where to start with toning.... but it sounds like the right move! Can you give me any pointers? Especially for those arms!!! What size of weights should i use and how many of each etc, lol, I've just realised that's alot for you to put down! I should get a DVD or a book and find out. I enjoy airobics but i don't think i'll go near that just now either - Toning is the right move though ;) thankyou x x

Hi Becky :) thanks for your support there! I think walking and toning is the best for now too. So much weight to lose i really don't want to think about anything else x x

Its a great site here Feathers - Ive been on here for a while now (just come over from the ww site too!) and its fab. The best support network you will ever get.

xx

How do you work out 10% of your body weight Jools?? I'm not going to know exactly what i weigh till next Wed morning but i have often wondered how it gets worked out :) Yeah i'm really looking forward to getting started especially with all the support here :) Have you just started Cambridge then?

when I went to my last weight watchers meeting thats what they told me was 10%. How they work it out I don't have a clue. Im sure Ive got an old ww book somewhere with 10% body weights in it. I will have a look for it and get back to ya later.

xx

Hey thanks for that Jools :) Yesterday when i got weighed by my councillor i was 15/4.5 and if i could find out what 10% of my body weight is - fab! ;) I started today and right now i'm hungry :( but i'm going to go to bed now so i'm not tempted by any of my 7yr olds crisps, sweets, cheese strings etc! Also, i want to wake up tomorrow and know that i've got past day 1 :) Today i had one Banana Bliss carton and two Chocolate Velvet cartons plus 5pts of water. My councillor told me i should try and take 6pts but i could only manage the 5 :/ I'm not getting weighed till the 29th April and then i'll get weighed every 2wks after that.

I wonder if there is a Cambridge Councillor here who could explain why we need to drink more water if we're only taking the cartons? I'm not taking any soups or any shakes where you add water - i am only taking the Banana and Chocolate cartons for a month. Before when i was doing this diet i drank 4pts of water but i was also taking the soups, shakes and bars a day but like i said i've been told to drink more but i can only take 5pts :(

Back