Lost 4lbs in a year!!!!!!!!

That's better.

The new things I bought this week are stelline which is little pasta flowers, turkey rashers, schwartz seasonings 3 for £3 and ww petite pains.

I had the petite pain and turkey rashers for breakfast. The ww pp made a change but they're twice the price of non ww and I usually use my hexb on porridge or ryvita so most of the time I'd need to syn them anyway. The turkey was a little dry but I'll try cooking it less. Again, more expensive than bacon medallions, but 60 cals per 100g less so could be useful.

I haven't tried the pasta or seasonings.

This week BNS will be on the menu a lot as Asda sent me the biggest BNS I've ever seen plus I already had one.

Hope this posts as I wrote a long one earlier and it **** up.

Good luck at wi.

I can never cut up butternut squash! I'm literally bent over the worktop using my not insubstantial bodyweight trying to get my knife to split it in two! I have ended up just using sweet potato as a substitute. Works well in a thai veg curry and normal curry also sliced and baked with chilli flakes and cumin - soI'm sure you'll enjoy - any cutting up techniques pleeeeeease let me know!

I've been reading a lot about petit pains being hexBs - Ithought they were small white rolls? I always thought hexB's had to have quite a lot of fibre content? I'm going to try and make bread tomorrow - in no way a hexb but am itching to use my dough hook on my kenwood chef - i'll definitely be synning it ..... if it's edible!

Ta for the dessert idea - I might consider that as I'm really missing something sweet to go with my cuppa. Have had 2 yogurts today to curb it - but sometimes you need a bit of crunch or texture - Mullerlights ain't cutting it.

Any plans for the weekend? We're going to Stratford upon Avon on Sunday for the day - too cold for a picnic but apparently lovely walks by the river and be great to see Shakespeares home and school. Are you still blanketed in snow :gen125:? We had a mostly sunny day today - two days on the trot shock horror!

Well done :D for losing the same week as valentines and your meal out. Giving up choc should make a difference. I have a friend who actually ENJOYS not eating chocolate!!! Wish I could tap into that.

I'm getting this strange indentation between my bust and my hips!! I think it's called a waist!!! So I'm curious as to what the scale says on Mon because although I was off plan for 3 days I have tried to exercise more. As long as it's STS it's fine.

I think the ww pp have added fibre. I have the cal, carb and fat bible and the amount of fibre in different breads is quite surprising sometimes. I fancy the new hovis that's in the sw mag but I bet I can't get it locally.

BNS bake it for a short time then skin it while it's warm then chop. It helps but you still need a sharp knife.

Enjoy Stratford and do let me know what it's like as I've never been there. Nothing exciting happening for me this weekend. Usually family time, ie babysitting.

Way to go for getting a waist! Definite NSV irrespective of what the scales say. Sometime I think the fat shifts about a bit. I weighed this weight last June before I went back off track and I swear my thighs were bigger but my arms thinner - the smae clothes seem to agree too. Also my boobs have shrunk a bit already :eek:

Well done on the exercise front and have you tried that walking DVD yet? There's something on SW Online that's called Body Magic which I think is setting yourself exercise/activity targets. Haven't really looked at it but will do - especially after I've lost a bit more and get myself a waist like you!

I stupidly never thought about keeping the skin on a BNS and only taking it off after cooking - makes perfect sense :doh: How was your Saturday dinner? I was having a "use stuff up from the freezer and cupboards" and ended up with a pretty nice dinner tonight - honey mustard pork steaks with creamy white beans and leeks + broccoli. Made a loaf of white bread today - not bad - lovely crust but only about 5" tall .... definitley not a HExB either! Ski mango mousse for pud.

Have a lovely weekend with your family - will give you the lowdown on Stratford upon Avon - hopefully worth the visit!

Had an urgent carb attack last night. I NEEDED bread. I had used all my syns but it was a REAL craving so a bread binge ensued. It took 2 large slices of Hovis, 2 wholemeal crackerbreads and a packet of ryvita minis to quench the urge. It was very specific. If you remember last month it was cake. I wonder what these pre menstrual cravings are about. Always bread, cake or biscuits. They seem more noticble on sw because I only have 1hexb a day. I may try some green days next month before TOM arrives.

Drum roll please.********************************

In the last fortnight I have lost 5.5lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It must be the exercise. Yesterday I did some step on the wi then I did the biggest loser dvd warm up. It looked easy enough and it was just the warm up. Well this morning my shoulders are aching!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe today I'll just do the cool down ;)

In the last fortnight I have lost 5.5lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa Nelly! That is astounding - massive well done to you! So that's where your new waistline has developed from! Totally brilliant you must be stoked! :happy096::happy096:

I'm feeling you with the exercise thing - I've done my half an hour wii today even after work so should be well over 11k for steps today - makes me tired but energised and less likely to snack when I get in. I think you need the combi though - it's pretty difficult to just lose on gentle exercise alone.

Just goes to show you can be midnful even when slightly off plan for occasions and still do really well if you get straight back on it. You deserved yesterdays carb fix!

Good morning.

Feel better for a sleep, I was tired yesterday. Don't really know why I was so busy, started at 6am but didn't get dinner until 9pm and my desire to cook was nil. Luckily I had lots of syns left and I had BNS in the fridge I'd prepared earlier. So I had scampi, salad and BNS chips, easy peasy and a nice change. The portion wasn't large 100g for 8 syns but I splurged another 2 syns on some oyster sauce to dip it in, lovely jubely. I had made some soup the night before that I'd had for lunch, celery, leek and stelline. I really enjoyed it but gson thought it was yuck yuck soup!

Looked for an exercise class I could go to but there isn't much on locally, and everything that is on is on on a Wednesday! That's the same day as the over 50's aquacise and I think that's the best one for me to start with. I may be forced to go to the over 50's gym sessions because that's a Thurs but I'm not sure if it isn't worse to be out lapped by pensioners than fit young things? I'll leave that for now. The gym is the size of a small living room and has the grand total of 5 machines and I don't know exactly what the sessions consist of. Scared? Me? Darned right.

Well done with getting on the wii. It's fun once you get started and as you say it does make you feel more energized.

Thank the heavens for BNS eh :D Sounds like a lovely dinner ...'cept for the though of oyster sauce which makes me want to heave! yuk yuk like your gson would say!
I had sausages with homemade onion & mushroom gravy, broccoli and SW sweet potato chips. Which was lovely apart from the sausages. I had them in the freezer for yonks - nice tesco finest jobbers but they've been in there since July :eek: so didn't taste particularly of leek and sage .... or sausage come to that! Beats a quorn cumberland sausage which I know is low syn but I found really rank. By the way what is stelline - a food item I've never heard of!

Today's dinner is haddock and leek and spinach risotto. New recipe so hopefully good - I could do with eating a bit more fish really. Do you have big lunches? If so how do they affect your energy? I forgot my ham salad pitta today so had a small baked potato with HExA cheese and some salad. Filling but such an energy zapper,. Had to have coffee in the afternoon and my walk home was tiring and don't feel up to doing anymore wii today unlike yesterday. Such a contrast to yesterday yet not quite sure why it should make such a difference.

I think stay with the exercise routine you enjoy and can commit to regularly. Aim up for the gym when you feel ok to mix it up a bit. Small gyms can be surprisingly good - I used to go to one that was also frequented by those with SN as it had other facilities - a sensory room etc but you also got body builders there and oldies - just basically a mix of people who weren't there to preen and look good but concentrate on their own fitness goals inc the body builders who really didn't make anyone else feel less fit or unwelcome to use the equipment. The over fifties will all be there for their own fitness goals just like you so I think it'll be absolutely fine. Will you ave a fitness check and perhaps a routine designed for you? You'll be much more likely to get more one to one assistance with your fitness needs so reckon that's a good thing.

Am going to definitely go back to my oranges and sandwich routine for the day tomorrow and see how I feel. Things is this is how I used to feel ALL the time when carrying an extra 9lbs of weight - that just bought it back to me the contrast between then and now.

The stelline is little flower shaped pastas. I think I must have mentioned it in the post that didn't post. Duh!!

I tend just to have soup at lunchtime then some fruit in the afternoon and eat dinner about 6ish. I usually have some sort of supper too, then hot choc before bed. Potatoes have quite a high GI, especially compared to wholemeal pitta.
They give you a sugar rush then a dip and that's what makes you tired the pitta raises your blood sugar at a slow and steady rate that helps to sustain energy levels. I notice breakfast more than lunch, I'm best with porridge and a banana but get a little bored if it's every morning.

Your risotto sounds lovely. Every time I have fish I wonder why I don't have it more often. Know what you mean about the sausages. I had a cull of my frozen foods a few weeks ago and ruthlessly binned some ageing salmon fillets and venison sausages.

Ah just pasta - not the exotic foodstuff I was imagining! The high GI of the potato makes sense especially as by being baked it's concentrating the starch. I don't get the same effect with white rise or pasta unless I eat far too much though.
Unless it's the weekend I usually have fruit for breakfast and as I'm at work just a sarnie and then a cooked meal aboy 7.30pm. Basically the same diet I followed when i was putting on weight just without the evening chocolate bar & couple of biscuits and extra toast or sarnie after work.

Risotto was very nice although it needed a good bit of seasoning and some parmesan. I actually realised why I don't make more fish dishes ... the hassle, smell and bones! Stripping haddock skin, pulling bones out and scrubbing for ages to get the smell out of everything and not having the bin pong is more than what I want to do after work. So I might just stick with fish fingers for a while!

How are you feeling after your massive loss? Did you take measurements off yourself before you started - I bet your waist one has gone in a bit :)

Apprehensive. I keep thinking it's a fluke. This week is TOM so not expecting much. I didn't dare take measurements, still don't want to know. I'm in size 18's and 20's but none of them are tight anymore. My BMI is 35.3 so in 0.4 points time I won't be super obese anymore and that makes me feel happy. I know some atheletes have high BMI's but lets face it I'm not one of them and I really didn't like being classed as morbidly obese.

My granny was a fishmonger so I know how to gut a fish but most of the time I just bung a salmon fillet from tescos in the oven despite living next to fishing boats.

VISIT KIRKCUDBRIGHT - Accommodation, Events, Art, Days Out, B&B

Got in a little while ago and the house still whiffs - even with the bins emptied! Kirkcudbright looks so peaceful and scenic - especially for anglers .... love how you can join Fishpal!

0.4 points eh? - so so close to breaking another barrier - what a boost for you.
I think with such a big loss and TOM i wouldn't be surprised with a STS for you - for me a big week usually results in a leveller the following. Not that I've had a big loss since the beginning really.
In fact I did jump on the scale on Sunday to see I'd dropped another pound from Saturday weigh in and was pleased as that would usually stick until this Saturday but stood on the scales today and am UP 2lb since then! I honestly don't see how - I've eaten so much better this week and did a lot more walking - I know logically it can't be fat gained as I haven't overeaten by 7k calories but it really has bummed me out a bit. Had forgotten the power of the scales on mood perhaps because it's gone down at least a little every week. I'm not going to weigh now until the weekend else I may end up self -sabotaging and that's really not the answer.

Anyway for dinner today I'm having spinach and ricotta pizza with salad. Obviously synned but I haven't had pizza since last year and I haven't used any syns at all today and I'm planning on enjoying it completely :)

Do enjoy that pizza . It sounds lovely.

The scales, the scales. I did the same thing this morning and they said I'm back up 3.5 lbs!! Much more tempting to jump on now they're in the bathroom but a really bad idea. I actually think it would be better to just weigh in once a month because the emotional swings they cause is not helpful. In fact one of the hardest things about maintaining is that you just don't get the same buzz from a STS.

It's always water because even my most uncontrolled eating only lays down 0.8lbs of fat a week but TOM can add up to 5lbs of water. 2cups of tea = 1lb , 1 pint of water=1lb, 1 cardigan=1lb, moving the scales off the rug=1/2 stone.

Don't let the inaccuracy of our measuring tools get you down. If you are on plan then you are losing.

Cheers me dear. You're right I was feeding off the whole thrill of losing a little every week and had forgotten the lows of when the finger stop dropping. Very true - I am on plan so the results will show themselves. Maybe not this week but it has to happen as I'm not some medical marvel who defies the science of weight loss!

Back