Lost 4lbs in a year!!!!!!!!

Oh I love a tunic top too - but I'm just aware that it'll end up being "a uniform" whereas before I had nice pretty cotton tops and summery fitted clothing. Also long skirts and short t-shirts. I haven't work skirts for yonks.

Ha! About the oxo quark recipe - too true! It's almost as bad as the ubiquitious fat-free fromage frais which is the go to substitute for anything from clotted cream to three cheese sauce - bleuuuuuugh!

Cous cous cake is probablyt not as bad as it seems. They do something similar with semolina in Turkey although that's drenched in a lovely orange syrup . I'm sure it's physically impossible to eat too much of that also it probably goes well with a nice dollop of rich creamy decadent ... FF Fromage Frais!:p Could you have a more protein style breakfast? scrambled egg, toms and mushrooms with 1 HEXB of toast? or ham and egg ommelette. I'm not much of a breakfast eater except in a B&B so would find a non-HexB that doesn't involve eggs a bit tricky!

How's your daughter in-law getting on?

Daughter in Law doing fine though son bought some cheese stuffed burgers half price and was convinced they'd be fine if he sprayed them with frylight! He isn't overweight but will probably lose a stone just cause he's eating sw friendly dinners.

Cous cous cake was, hmm let me see. The thought that passed through my mind was 'this could be nice if you made it with honey or maple syrup.' So the orange syrup makes perfect sense. It reminded me of something my friend, who did used to live in Morocco, once made me.

I only get 1a and 1b on EE and I keep either using them at breakfast, which limits my choice at other meals (without synning) or having bacon or smoked salmon, which means I can't then do green (without synning). I'm just getting a wee bit bored, felt like this before Edinburgh if you remember. A few days of rich food sorted me out. I probably needed the day off yesterday but wish I hadn't pigged out in the evening. I just really DID NOT WANT veg or fruit when crisps cheese and choc were available, yum.

I'm back on plan today.

I have a new ambition. I want to Go Ape. I did go tree walking in Malaysia a few years back, but that wasn't strenuous, just very, very high. I'm thinking next summer.

The 25% is really cool. Can't believe I hadn't noticed! It really doesn't feel THAT much!

Thought it might be time to start hitting the road in the campervan but it's back into winter coat weather up here :23:

Last edited:
Right green day planned.

I've bought some veggie bacon and some bubble n squeak.
So breakfast is v bacon (1) b n' s (2) egg, mushrooms and tomatoes. This means I can have a cheese sandwich later on if I want, so excited:gimi:.

Sad but true!

veggie bacon sounds FOULIO! It's not "streaky strips" is it? A friend made me have some years ago and it repeated on me for the next 4 days!:eek:

I guess quorn is the way to go for a filling veg breakfast. I don't like quorn sausage but imagine if scrambled up with herbs and maybe a bit of chilli that'd be pretty tasty. Are you fancying green days more or better loss?

Sorry to have been AWOL for a few days - been a bit hectic here and too many visitors so not much PC access. Eating's been OK - I realised it was 11 wks to hols so 1-1.5st loss is the goal. Also I've had one of those letters they send to you once you hit 40 to have the health check-up. My OH has had one, they tested his blood glucose, cholesterol, took weight etc and surprisingly his blood glucose was higher than it should and he's not even one for sweets so I'm wondering what mine will say. I think these sort of things are good for a kick up the bum - any new incentive is good.

How was weigh in this week? I'm holding out for a monthly - that way 1 bad week doesn't put you off track for the next.

Has been crisis mode here. Another fall, had to get an ambulance, his kidneys started to shut down and he's become more delusional. All very, very stressy. Just shovelling in junk food when I can grab it . I don't know if I said that my mum has got a brain tumour but everything is pretty crap here at the moment and my life is on hold.

Thanks I'm just really really tired. Hopefully he is being moved to one of the cottage hopitals soon. I seem to be attempting to put on as much weight as I possibly can. I need to start eating more healthily though as it really isn't helping.

Really good to hear from you :)

Sounds like he'll be in a supported environment and I know you know already but he really will be in the best place for his needs.
Obviously hugely stressful time for you and not the time for you to be thinking about weight loss. I'd just take the focus of weighing and just eating good snacks ie nuts, fruit etc as well as the not so good stuff you might be eating. Food becomes the old comfort but if you start feeling awful about yourself because you're eating's all over the place that's not great either.

This time will pass. So focus and do what you can for the now - climb back on the wagon when you're ready x

He is in the cottage hospital and is recovering physically but his mind and memory are terrible and he's frightened. Social services still dragging heels/overloaded but I am feeling supported by the NHS.
Still eating crap and feeling crap because of it. At least I don't have 3 hours driving to visit him now so hopefully can put my life back together a bit. Not going on holiday.

The poor man - just horrendous for him at that age. Just be there for him as you can. Can you liaise with the helpful person at SS you spoke to last time about him, maybe they can push it forward a little? You just need to try to take every little bit of help you can from whatever source it comes from, be it the NHS or other.
Are YOU getting enough support at home? I hope your children are able to help out and just be someone to sound off too.

I don't have any real helpful practical experience. My mother has mental health issues and I've been up against a brick wall for her and really doing that on my own. It's tough so really fight for what he needs. And I know you will x

Sorry to hear about the holiday - you obviously couldn't of enjoyed it. Something to look forward to when everything's back on an even keel.

I have a NHS Health Check on next Weds and i think I'm going to be scared into taking consistent action. Good thing too really.

Hi bb :wavey:

Hope you're doing ok and your father is getting all the care he needs x Have been thinking of you even though not been on much.
Not much to report here. Have been for my check-up .... she very kindly phrased it as I could do with "losing a little" - understatement or what! However, her scales mid-morning weighed about 5lb less than mine at home so am wondering if mine are a bit knackered. Blood pressure fine and she took blood for a glucose check and cholesterol too so will find out in due course.
Have been eating less carbs - kind of vague Atkins - not counting carbs or calories but not eating obvious carbs of bread and grain & potatoes or sugary stuff. Cravings have dropped down which is what has been derailing me for a little while. We shall see, I can't do one type of eating plan for too long but tis suits for now.

As it's been half-term and spectacularly bucketing it down 24/7 I've not been as active as I'd liked. Had one really lovely warm dry day where I got achy buttocks :confused: and legs from weeding and planting in the garden. Have rediscovered a yen for gardening. Nice simple nurturing activity with an outcome you can see. Flowers now and later and I've even planted a salad bowl and just waiting for my brightlights chard seedlings to pop up. Ridiculously excited!

Take it easy on yourself bb and see you when you're back in the mindframe for all this :rainbow:.

:fingerscrossed: Dad being discharged on Monday. He was greatly improved but then decided to stop taking his medication and pull his catheter out. He's still not very well, still catheterized, and still not had a social work assesment! Was told on Wed he wouldn't be discharged then told on Fri he would. NHS carers are coming in 4 x a day. OT assesment was posponed because he wasn't getting discharged so I will have to rearrange asap. The NHS staff have been really good but several of the patients have been in hospital for weeks longer than need be because they are waiting for social worrk to arrangr care packages. One man is going stir crazy as he was fit for discharge 6 weeks ago! and he's already got a sw. My dad's dementia will get much worse if he's stuck, so as he doesn't have a sw he is able to get the NHS emergency carers for now. Once he's out and settled I can nag sw and if I have to arrange private care I can but I will need to pay for it as dad can't, but without the assesment it's really guess work and at £15 an hour it's not cheap but I've already lost a months earnings and I'm going to lose at least another months while caring and trying to get a good enough package set up.
Rather thought I'd be sipping cocktails in the sun this week but hey ho!!

Back