Lost 4lbs in a year!!!!!!!!

Ah! You get cracking that whip missy!

I can see where you're coming from eith the syns - I totally agree that it seems odd that packaged pasta & sauces, artificially sweetened items etc can be considered worse than good quality ingredients. Bun then on the other hand I'm unlike to eat 3 mugshots on the trot whereas I'd love a big bowl of fresh pasta which is far more enjoyable yet easy to over eat so I guess a balance needs to be struck somewhere.
Plan B's are good though. You're calorie counting whilst away in Edinburgh shows what you can still achieve within different parameters. Knowing you've got an alternative stops you reaching for the frozen Cadbury's Creme eggs ...:whistle:

ps what would be typical days eating allowance on 29 points?

Well my typical sw day pointed using ww

breakfast- porridge 3 skimmed milk 1 banana 0
lunch- sf soup 0
snack- grapes 0
dinner- salmon fillet 6 sf veg 0 pots (100g) 2
snack- ww lemon cheesecake yog 1 raspberries 0
supper- more soup 0
snack- curly wurly 3
snack- options 1

Total 17 points ww -8syns sw

No wonder I'm losing weight!!!!!!!!! I have higher days but I don't know all the points values.

Last edited:
Wow a full days worth of points is under 20 - that is good and yes your making both great SW & WW choices! That is a very healthy day mind - what if you had home-made chilli or some fresh pasta? I'm just trying to figure out what "normal" foods would have high points and hence not really fit my lifestyle. I guess you have to pick satiating healthy choices else you could get quite hungry. You certainly don't go hungry on SW!
Everyone I've ever known on WW always saves they're points for alcohol so imagine that's steep on cals.

tesco fresh smoked ham,bacon and tomato tortelloni 150g 8 points as an example

I made a mistake and should have added 1 point for the stock in the soup and should have syned the yoghurt. It would take work to point all our recipes but not impossible and remember you have about 49 plus points to play with as well as your daily allowance. I do have a friend who lost shed loads on it but couldn't maintain.

125ml white wine 2 points

I don't drink which makes it a lot easier

Seems like you could have 3 full meals and some treats within points quite well. For me it seems like something I would do nearer goal or more for maintenance of a loss but for now I need to fully commit to the one plan. It DID work for me on red and green and if EE is something that I'm starting to get a bit free and easy with and not seeing the losses with I may go back to it. More rigidity but perhaps I need that to give me a boost. We shall see.

You think you'll stick with SW for now? Maybe you could lurk on the WW forum boards and see how they're finding it!

What's for dinner? I'm so late in today and still so much to do we're having chinese - will go for a fairly plain chicken chow mein I think - I need to hunt out the book now.

Beef and green pepper curry with rice and baby corn followed by sw mouse and blackberries.

I think the secret with any of the plans is to eat lots and lots of super free.

Doing some 'home camping' this w/end with gson. Usually 'home camp' in the van but this time we're using the living room because I've got a new bed settee and he's got a new sleeping bag. Also got 3 empty bedrooms but that's no fun. We always have a midnight feast at about 8pm and take our torches with us to bed. Life in the granny lane!!

That sounds great fun! I loved reading St Clares & Mallory Towers when I was young and loved the idea of being in a boarding school and sneaking off having midnight feasts! Everything's som much more tempting when you know you're not really meant to be a having it - still so true now :D

Have a quiet weekend this one I think. I can't wait for some warm weather to come in - sick to the back teeth of feeling chilly and wanting to stuff my face -free or not I'm really eating far too much I think. I've just had some melon chunks but am again hungry and my fingers are so cold still - come summertime it's a snack I'd really enjoy.

Weigh-in tomorrow. Did I tell you I weighed in the day AFTER my usualy weigh in and had put on another 1lb? Bizarre! I just don't know what my body's doing. Have been on scales amnesty rest of the week so will only tell tomorrow - i don't think the apparent weight I've put on has come off and I really think it must just be too big a portion even with third veg. If that's the case I'm going to have a Red week.

Enyoy your "midnight" treats tonight! :)

Do your scales need a new battery perhaps?

You could try using my fitness pal to track calories and see where the problem is, if there is one. Even on the biggest loser they sometimes sts or even gain. mfp is very good but you do have to weigh everything.

I was addicted to Enid Blyton as a child, could not get enough of it. Bought all of them with my pocket money 2shillings and sixpence each.

They may well do - but then I've got the fear that I'll change the batteries and I'll end up weighing even more! It's like the time I was in the bath and looking at my face in the double-sided mirror and thought "whoops - I've got it on the magnifying side" so I flip it over and my face is properly magnified!
It was just on normal all the time - but my face had got so big I didn't realise that's what it usually looks like:(

I did use mfp on the weeks I gained and it was around 1400 which is then when I got a bit disheartened had too many treats and probably legitimately gained weight.
So yes it's consistency I guess - keep lower cals - push through the disappointment if despite a good week I show gains - give it a month at least. This is the plan from. I need a plan ... you need a Plan B ... I just need a Plan!

1400 should be fine. I counted mine for today and it's 1347 and I haven't had my options yet.

Got to go read bedtime story. Good luck for wi.

Had an STS which is ok I guess as I have been off this week due to being narked at my lack of loss last week.
So as I haven't got fatter this week ... best get busy getting thinner for next!

No eating out this weekend so can control what I eat and am definitely going to cut back on bread this week - have some alternate lunches. I have some Covent Garden soups in - will check there syn contents and boost the veg content. Althogh I like my home-made I don't like smelly soups at work so might try some rice salad type things. Mix it up this week I think.

Hope you had a good night "camping" with your grandson - hope hot chocolate was involved at some point!

Have just noticed we've moved to the SW forum under weight loss diaries - when did that happen? - I didn't even notice. Makes sense though ... else this 19 page "Introduction" is the longest in history!

STS is ok. I might have one on Mon too. I've been on plan, I just don't feel any thinner. It's like that sometimes. I would have liked to get under 14 for my bday because it means at least one slap up meal out (a big fat Greek one) and a cake, plus it's mothers day on the 10th and the boys will get me chocolates (they know I'm on a diet but it won't click). Then it's my youngest gson's 2nd birthday on the 24th so that will be cake etc. So my weight loss total for March is likely to be pretty small. Still, this is a marathon and it's all to easy to lose sight of that. Viva the power of plodding.

Midnight feast 7 syns. 1 packet velvet crunch, 12 frozen grapes, 1 tube fizzers, 1 tube palma violets.

Granma Susu's transformers bed was given the seal of approval. Folded down easily but bit of a pain to fold up again, bit of strength training needed.

Transformers bed? Is that a bed with Transformers on the bedding or one that transforms from bed to something with wings :p Good going on the Midnight Feast .... though I only know one other person in the world who voluntarily eats Parma Violets!

You know I'd forgotten it was Mother's Day next weekend - will be making cake for my OH's mum who is lovely and deserves it and no not we all have to troop over for a buffet. Buffets scare me - there's only ever olives as the low calorie option and some of the traditional Italian things she makes are fried and she'd be mortified if I turned them down.
Enjoy your time with your boys and the upcoming birthdays - that is participating in life and memories and once a year events don't jeopardise your daily endeavours.

Do a lot of people in your life know you're on a diet? How do you find it - motivating? I did tell people before but I found it quite pressurising so have told no-one apart from the OH and my brother. A time before - I had to lose a whole stone and a half before anyone noticed but once they did I found myself self-sabotaging a bit. Just felt scrutinised I think even though they were all encouraging.

Good day thus far - did NOT eat a packet of Monster Munch 6 syns or any of a Wispa Duo - little victories but a battle won nonetheless :) .
How was your day then susu? - did you had a non-scale victory too?

Threw gsons uneaten crackers and cheese in the bin. That is a nsv. :) Also over 7000 steps so far today and we had a wee play on the wii this morning though I did turn down the offer of going into the garden to play football.

As I've already lost around 4st most people know I'm dieting by now. I've found it ok 'coming out'. I know what you mean about pressure but I think it effects you much less as you get older. Skin gets a lot thicker with age.

You could cc for the day of the buffet to give you a bit more flexability. I do find sw is much easier at home.

I'm just going to enjoy my birthday meal etc and as long as I don't gain over the month then it's not a problem. Son's girlfriend's Mum died 9 months ago so Mother's day will be a bit of a double edged day.

I made some nice tomato and basil soup today and had some spicy beef stew I made a couple of weeks ago and it had really frozen well. Some things just don't taste the same after they've been frozen but this tasted great, just wish I could remember exactly what I put in it!! I'm a bit of a bung it in and see cook. My great grandmother was Lord Weir's cook so I rely on my genes most of the time, usually they don't let me down but my memory does.:(

Possibly just had the opposite of a nsv.

Bought some praline and some honeycomb fingers the other day because I spotted 70cals on the packet but when I opened them they looked so small that I decided not to touch them as they weren't worth 3.5 syns each. Well tonight I had syns left and thought * it I'll have 2 of those fingers 7syns. After I'd eaten them I happened to look properly at the pack and it's 70 cals per serving and a serving is 2 fingers so what did I do? Did I go and alter my food diary? No, I ate another 2 !!!!:sigh:

I do that too. I bought 2 salted caramel chocs that were made in a lovely boutique chocolatier. Took them home, looked forward to eating them all day, sat down with a cuppa, bit into one and ..... it tasted of candle wax. Really stale and horrible but some stubborn part of me still ate it them both and then because I was unsatisfied mentally and still felt I was "owed" a treat I ended up eating some chocolate bourbons I've had for weeks and not been fussed about.
It's part getting rid of the evidence, part "might as well eat them all as I've screwed it up" and part punishment in a way.

Don't beat yourself up about it to much - you did so well with the exercise and not eating unwanted crackers and good food choices that it'll be ok - as long as you don't let it open a floodgate and eat them all!

Back